NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In some copies the Paint job for a 80 dollar figure is really good.
But only in some copies.
On Some copies is far too much brown and black paint on the forehead.

And these same irregularities in the production disturb me.

@ Spiker, which has to do with it?
I have seen so many pictures and reviews of Neca figures .
And so many people complain about the paint on some pieces.

I own figures.
A Star Wars Hasbro Collection , a couple of Sideshow and Gentle Giant busts, and Neca and McFarlane Figures.

In some copies the Paint job for a 80 dollar figure is really good.
But only in some copies.
On Some copies is far too much brown and black paint on the forehead.

And these same irregularities in the production disturb me.

@ Spiker, which has to do with it?
I have seen so many pictures and reviews of Neca figures .
And so many people complain about the paint on some pieces.

I own figures.
A Star Wars Hasbro Collection , a couple of Sideshow and Gentle Giant busts, and Neca and McFarlane Figures.

I'd say there are more mediocre-looking NECA figures than good ones. And with that in mind, I don't get what's so surprising about the 7" line looking iffy. The 1/4 version looks fantastic considering the company that made it and you should still expect some irregularities because, for the millionth time, it's NECA. Asking NECA to stop putting out figures with incosistent and sloppy paint apps is like asking water not to be wet.

That's the way it works with companies like this. It wasn't always this way, but for the past few years, quality has indeed gone down. You either order online and pray you get a good batch, buy in-store (the best option) and pick the best one they have, or simply stay away and save up for pricier pieces that you know have solid production quality.

This is why we're all hoping NECA gives us more 1/4 Predators in the future, but again, it's understandable why they won't. It's not exactly the right company to ask this of and we were surprised they even made the P1 (and so well, too).

New pics...

Predator_LostPredators1.jpg

Predator_LostPredators2.jpg

Yeah, we need to see him. P's me off that they show us such amazing pieces on the 2 ups but when we see them in the shops they look like crap.

yes qc has gone way down on their 7 inch scale figures.their new china factory sucks just like the old one.

yes qc has gone way down on their 7 inch scale figures.their new china factory sucks just like the old one.

No disrespect to collectors of the 7 inch figures but I just don't find any desire to buy them anymore. As tankman has said, all that time and effort sculpting/ producing the larger figure for it to be shrunk down and a below par paint job added. Their Snake sculpt looks better than Hot Toys. NECA is deffo missing out.

No disrespect to collectors of the 7 inch figures but I just don't find any desire to buy them anymore. As tankman has said, all that time and effort sculpting/ producing the larger figure for it to be shrunk down and a below par paint job added. Their Snake sculpt looks better than Hot Toys. NECA is deffo missing out.

i got neca's elder p2 today, it looked good at first, then the more i checked it, the sicker i got,,it has molding flaws and lots of paint flaws,
i'm glad i didn't open it.maybe i can swap it for a better one latter.

one blade has no point on it, thus it's shorter than the other one, it has some kind of scuffs under the chin,one thumb nail is flat on the end,like it was clipped off.
has paint flaws on dreads, on one eye, some of the netting not even painted, the beads are very sloppy painted, one arm joint has only half of it painted, the other arm joint painted fully.
such a great sculpt, ruined by poor a$$ qc.

Sad to hear that. I keep my money

i got neca's elder p2 today, it looked good at first, then the more i checked it, the sicker i got,,it has molding flaws and lots of paint flaws,
i'm glad i didn't open it.maybe i can swap it for a better one latter.

one blade has no point on it, thus it's shorter than the other one, it has some kind of scuffs under the chin,one thumb nail is flat on the end,like it was clipped off.
has paint flaws on dreads, on one eye, some of the netting not even painted, the beads are very sloppy painted, one arm joint has only half of it painted, the other arm joint painted fully.
such a great sculpt, ruined by poor a$$ qc.

i have a p1 in bio helmet from series 3 on the way, just maybe it will be better then the elder p2 i got,
the p1 with gort mask i got wasn't too bad, had some paint flaws but no molding flaws.

I'm curious, did anyone else order the Gort from NECA via Amazon when it went on sale during the SDCC preview night last week? As soon as the sale went live, it seemed like the item was already "out of stock." Perhaps the fulfillment of this particular sale is contingent on NECA making more Gort figures post-SDCC?

If only the production figures turned out like that in that scale. Imagine...
yep, too bad HT doesn't give a crap. they're the only company making them bigger than 7" but their sculpts are pretty lousy compared to these. you either get tiny low quality preds, or big inaccurate preds. the fans get screwed both ways. i guess we can't complain since we're getting them at all.

good lord that Borg looks amazing. must be nice to be able to go into work and look at that.

Back