Need some repair help please!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Havok

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all.

I need some help with a problem I have with my Scarlet Witch Comiquette.

I don't quite know how it happened but a little piece of what looks like the paint and maybe a bit of the polystone itself chipped off one of her fingers. It's not just a surface paint chip as like I said it seems like a bit of the polystone chipped off also, so there's a bit of an indentation.

Now I've never done any kind of repair before so I wanted to try to get any advice and help anyone can give me on how to go about repairing this. I think one of the trickiest parts is probably gonna be matching the red paint used.

So any help would be appreciated, like what type of paint to use, etc. I think I'm safe as long as it's acrylic paint but I don't know.

Thanks in advance and here's a couple pictures to show the problem.

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2262.jpg

u can try finding the right color nail polish? nail polish comes in lots of color and u can also mix them to the right color red that ur looking for.

wicked paint would do. and then brush some clear coat, you should be good. you may have to sand it down a little so, the paint can stick better or thats what I think. if sanding a small part like on you pic I would use 1500 to 1800grit. I'm going to work on a Colossus in a couple of weeks and paint him chrome. Anyway best of luck hope I've been helpful.

use some epoxy first to replace the 'chipped' polystone and then paint over

:exactly::exactly:

Contour putty, Polymer clay, or a wood/plastic filler will accomplish the same effect. Plus, they will bond directly to the polystone and then be ready to paint. SSC suggests using Tamiya paints (probably because they use thick paints on their statues), but most good quality acrylic paints will work (the only problem you should have is mixing them to the right color, which will only require a little time and patience). Good luck.

Back