Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I'm excited about this piece, the astronomical ES has me EXTREMELY concerned about QC. I think it's going to be riddled with bad paint, broken limbs, and other various issues. I hope I'm wrong and I will still prob PO day one if it looks good in the reveal.

While I'm excited about this piece, the astronomical ES has me EXTREMELY concerned about QC. I think it's going to be riddled with bad paint, broken limbs, and other various issues. I hope I'm wrong and I will still prob PO day one if it looks good in the reveal.

Come on Sarakawa. Lets try to remain positive here. :lol. There have been some great pieces turned out by SS lately so its not completely inconceivable.

Never understood the perceived relation to high ES and poor Q.C.
If they're not casting/painting thousands of these they'll be doing the same on another statue.

I would of personally thought the more an individual does, of the same colours, the better they will get at that particular piece.

I hear what you're saying, but I think the proportion of QC issues are most likely the same regardless of the edition size. It will be fine!

JSC Mary Jane comiquette has an ES of 5000

that's all sorts of crazy but whatever. The new one will be a slower burner meaning it will be on the site for years and years for collectors new and old.

I totally see them doing a Spider-Man 2099, maybe miles morales variant, and of course Symbiote Spidey.

It would make sense for ES to be higher to keep it around longer since Spidey, like Supes and Batman, is one of those basic, entry level characters most are going to look for.

Not sure how'd they do Miles Morels as a variant from this unless they shrink it. He's about 10 years younger and smaller than Peter Parker. I'd LOVE a Miles PF!

Yes, it's a good chance for the ones who missed the old ones. I am agree but don't you think it's an injustice situation for the ones who own the first pf in terms of collecting idea! I love Spider-Man but there are tons of characters out there to be made! Besides J. Scott Campbell's second version is just announced! I don't know...

Nope! I have the Com. I'm just a Spidey fan so more is always better. Now many more will be able to join in the joy I have of owning a 1/4 Spidey. And even still for those concerned, the ES on the old Com can't be beat by today's standards so that's still something. And this statue is incredibly different even if it is the same costume. Plus he's one of the most popular characters out there, these tons of characters waiting to be made but none as renowned as Spider-Man I'd say this is an all around win.

Spider-Verse_DellOtto_Banner.jpg

I have to say that the storyline this art comes from has been AMAZING! Just a fun story even if they're killing so many Spider-Men (and a few women) I really, really like.

Come on Sarakawa. Lets try to remain positive here. :lol. There have been some great pieces turned out by SS lately so its not completely inconceivable.

You're both right. I tend to get the runt statue out of runs that have turned out mostly great. You never know what you're going to get with SS.

Yup. I need a 1/4 Gobby in my collection. Then I'm all done with Spidey. I have the original COM and the Venom COM. Just need Green Goblin and I'm all good.
Oh man, you know a new Venom and Carnage are coming, right? They can't just do a Spidey and not redo those two. So amped for the possibilities

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

haha, I hear ya. I don't mean to bring the mood down. I am excited to see a 1/4 scale spidey since I missed the original comi but just with how I perceive SSC going, it's always my first thought...should I PO and hope for the best? or wait for in hand pics and just get the regular? It's kinda sad that my thought process is sooo different now. I used to just PO everything day one but I just can't do it anymore. Hopefully the reveal on this is so badass that it will force me to PO day one:lol

haha, I hear ya. I don't mean to bring the mood down. I am excited to see a 1/4 scale spidey since I missed the original comi but just with how I perceive SSC going, it's always my first thought...should I PO and hope for the best? or wait for in hand pics and just get the regular? It's kinda sad that my thought process is sooo different now. I used to just PO everything day one but I just can't do it anymore. Hopefully the reveal on this is so badass that it will force me to PO day one:lol

Yeah, the EX will have to knock my socks off. Otherwise I'll wait for the dust to settle like yourself.

My only concern is I hope it PO's later in the year so I can flex it into next year since I've already got enough POs for 2015 :lol

I'm with you on that my man. I just bought a new rifle and I am hoping this will flex into 2016.

This looks interesting, the pose looks cool but how to display it could be challenging.

Clamoring about ES already? Sheesh. Its funny, those who are concerned about ES and a diminishing value are the same ones who wait to buy regulars knowing the EX will always bring more money :dunno

Clamoring about ES already? Sheesh. Its funny, those who are concerned about ES and a diminishing value are the same ones who wait to buy regulars knowing the EX will always bring more money :dunno

Like I said its pointless really. SS has grown exponentially for better of for worse. Customer base has inflated as well. It only seems logical.

I understand the point of a low ES but reality is unless your commissioning a piece thats not gonna happen. However, I know if I have an EX and need to sell Ill make more on my return as long as the timing is right.

Back