Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prometheus SUPER Spoilers!

I really enjoyed the movie, it was visually stunning and I thought the two leads, Rapace and Fassbender, gave great performances. Shaw's badass surgery scene was one of my favourites, which certainly reminded me of Ripley and her strength during the Alien films.

I agree there were certain plot holes and a few strange things going on. I also couldn't understand why Guy Pearce was playing Weyland. Honestly, I didn't even realise it was Guy Pearce, when the credits rolled I had to find his name to see whom he was playing and was kinda wondering WTF when I saw that it was Weyland. Firstly, the age makeup looked fake, you could clearly tell it was a younger person made up to look old. For that reason I was thinking it was Fassbender and that they David model was designed in Weyland's image as a younger man. That would have made sense to me, but for it to be Guy Pearce, I can't understand why they would have done that, unless there are deleted scenes showing Weyland as a younger man.

Also, sorry to say, but I didn't see the point in Charlize's character. She gets out of the ship, only to get squashed by the Engineer's ship? What was the point in that? I don't know if they just got her because she's a bigger name than the rest, but really anyone could have played that role, hardly the calibre of an Oscar winner in my mind.

Then of course there's the two scientists that get lost. Shouldn't they have realised that they never left when all the buggies were still waiting outside for them? Did they think the two of them just walked all the way back to Prometheus?

They were my main complaints, but overall I really liked it and was happy that David and Elizabeth escaped, they were well and truly the best characters in the film.

Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

Very good film. But I have some questions

Spoiler Spoiler:

Very good film. But I have some questions

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

If I was Vickers I would have stayed on the ship and gone out as a hero. Imagine having to spend 1 or 2 years by yourself in the escape pod pad knowing that your oxygen would run out and you'd die anyway.

I think there's no doubt it's a very entertaining movie to watch.
But it makes absolutely no sense, none of it. It's like a very cool script idea got all the story cut out and we were left with bits of characters
doing bits of things. Nothing was for any reason. Some of the ideas and motivations are complete nonsense.

But it looked amazing.

I think there's no doubt it's a very entertaining movie to watch.
But it makes absolutely no sense, none of it. It's like a very cool script idea got all the story cut out and we were left with bits of characters
doing bits of things. Nothing was for any reason. Some of the ideas and motivations are complete nonsense.

I'm sure a 3 hour directors cut would help out these issues.

Ridley said he wont be doing one though.He said they will just throw extended scenes and such as extras on the dvds but not actually edit the movie we see now to when its on dvd.

I think they could have used Fifield and Milburn better, i would have loved to see the mutated Fifield go on a much longer rampage.

I thought the mutated fifield was far more frightening than the Engineer or squid thing.

Ridley said he wont be doing one though.He said they will just throw extended scenes and such as extras on the dvds but not actually edit the movie we see now to when its on dvd.

He might just be saying that becuase he's trying to promote the theatrical cut at the moment. Give it a year or so and we may still get one...

I thought the mutated fifield was far more frightening than the Engineer or squid thing.

The Engineer was ever meant to be a scary movie monster though. This isn't a monster movie.

The Engineer was ever meant to be a scary movie monster though. This isn't a monster movie.

I didn't say it was a monster movie mate, but being the main threat to the lead character/s it should be scary to a certain extent, surely the intention of Ridley was for the viewer to fear for Shaw when being pursued by the Engineer, which you where, it just wasn't as scary as Filfield.
My only dissapointment was that fifield's character was killed off too quickly and a longer rampage would have created alot more tension.

Last edited:

What's with this flute I keep reading about..

In a hologram David sees an Engineer using a flute to open up the control panel that they use to operate the navigation system. David uses the flute to gain himself control. This is how he is able to fly the SJ ship.

Its easily the best birth scene of any xeno

My dad is not easily pleased by movies. Some i loved and he thinks they're boring or only gets half way in and stops. He liked prometheus and looks forward to watching it again when its out on blu-ray. Score!... i guess.

The birth scene was actually the thing he was least shocked by. He thought it was what lead to Alien until i had to explain.

Just came from a late showing and was pretty disappointed. I was really expecting more. Visually it is pretty impressive and there are some truly frightening moments that harkens back to Alien but overall it's an uneven experience that failed to live up to its potential.

Rorywan pretty much pointed out all the problems I have with this movie.

I want to add one observation though. What the hell is the giant squid thing?

Yes, I know it is supposed to be the fetus of the offspring of mutated Charlie and Shaw when they did the boogie ten hours earlier but remember it was pretty much implied that Shaw can't have any children hence the logical explanation is that she got no ovaries.

When we take that into account the only foreign body that has entered her system is the sperm from mutated Charlie so the only conclusion is that the huge mutant squid thingy is actually a mutated sperm.

Back