Photobucket help please.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cap'n Cook

Son of Krypton
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Had an email to say my 10GB bandwitdh had been met.

Never had this before and guess you guys cannot see my signature now?

Do I seriously have to pay for an upgraded account? Will this be like this forever now?

Any help appreciated guys.

Thanks

:peace

Hey, Snake Eater,

This is Russ from Photobucket. Sorry to hear that you're frustrated with the bandwidth issue, but maybe I can help. Some people suggested deleting old images things to free up bandwidth. Will this help? Yes, you can delete photos that are very popular and getting hotlinked a lot by others and this will free up your bandwidth. No, you can't just clear out old pictures of your family dog that aren't being linked around the internet and expect to free up bandwidth that way.
As far as hotlinking goes, there is no way to stop someone from hotlinking an image that you have shared with them. But you can break the links by renaming the folders they are contained in, or the images themsleves. This is a catch 22 because it breaks the bad links that are stealing your bandwidth, but it also breaks the good ones like the pictures you post here to Blowout Cards. If you decide to go this route, make sure that once you've renamed the images you change your privacy settings and make them private. This way people can only find your photos at the site where you share them (for example other forum members here). They won't be able to run a Google search or use Photobucket's internal search engine to find your photos and hotlink them that way.
I hope this helps. I'd love to get your feedback and recommendations.
RUSS
Community Outreach
[email protected]

I switched to Flickr also and after getting used to it I prefer it to photobucket, I'm glad in a way my storage went over.

Back