Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

Ah, Maulfan, here you are...

Did you see that they are using the old brown jacket!? AHHHH!

The new detailing on the vest and buttons and the baldric look very nice though.

This is the only chance I'll get a "pre-order price" Jack Sparrow.. Hope it opens on pre-order soon.. I'm looking forward to two Captains this year from Hot Toys! :clap Here's to hoping Captain America teasers come about soon. :duff

Oh like you need another Jack...... GTFO!

:monkey3

:exactly::exactly:

You already have a definitive Jack Sparrow TD :lol

This is the only chance I'll get a "pre-order price" Jack Sparrow.. Hope it opens on pre-order soon.. I'm looking forward to two Captains this year from Hot Toys! :clap Here's to hoping Captain America teasers come about soon. :duff

haha I'm hoping for the same thing!

Ah, Maulfan, here you are...

Did you see that they are using the old brown jacket!? AHHHH!

The new detailing on the vest and buttons and the baldric look very nice though.

Hopefully it's just a temp :pray: maybe they haven't made the new jacket yet??

but yes the vest detail is great! :rock

I'm definitely buying the Dx, looks great. Glad I kept my AWE Jack to looks like he'll be getting a new sculpt soon. Jacket, Hat on one figure, no jacket & hat on the other :)

I'm definitely buying the Dx, looks great. Glad I kept my AWE Jack to looks like he'll be getting a new sculpt soon. Jacket, Hat on one figure, no jacket & hat on the other :)

just curious on how you're going to pull that off unless you buy another head piece as well? HT says "Two different interchangeable faces" nothing about 2 full sculpts :dunno

but I do have a similar idea in mind :yess:

I think he looks amazing. But a tiny bit asian around the eyes. Again, with the eyes HT!

I have to say that I am on the side that the both HT sculpts don't seem to convey the character of Jack Sparrow for me. I hope they improve it. I can't really explain it but the sculpt don't excite me even though i have been anticipating this figure.

It's a good sculpt of a person, just not of the character, it's more of someone who be a stunt double whose face you will only see for half a second.

maybe the smile is not Jack Sparrowy enough. and the serious face looks generic in my eyes. Here is to hoping for major improvements as I really want a Jack Sparrow figure.

I have to say that I am on the side that the both HT sculpts don't seem to convey the character of Jack Sparrow for me. I hope they improve it. I can't really explain it but the sculpt don't excite me even though i have been anticipating this figure.

It's a good sculpt of a person, just not of the character, it's more of someone who be a stunt double whose face you will only see for half a second.

maybe the smile is not Jack Sparrowy enough. and the serious face looks generic in my eyes. Here is to hoping for major improvements as I really want a Jack Sparrow figure.

I agree. I already have the original HT Jack that is too dark and someone sold me the smirking head from Cannibal Jack. I'm not extremely happy with these and I don't want to buy another Jack that I don't care for. I hope either EB or HT improves on their sculpts to give us a great Sparrow! :pray:

just curious on how you're going to pull that off unless you buy another head piece as well? HT says "Two different interchangeable faces" nothing about 2 full sculpts :dunno

but I do have a similar idea in mind :yess:

Yeah I know what your saying, I'll have to buy another hair piece I guess (it's like the Indy sculp idea, right?) but I'm sure I'll be able to pick up the bits I need of eBay.

I agree. I already have the original HT Jack that is too dark and someone sold me the smirking head from Cannibal Jack. I'm not extremely happy with these and I don't want to buy another Jack that I don't care for. I hope either EB or HT improves on their sculpts to give us a great Sparrow! :pray:

Will you sell your old HT Jack Sparrow figures or still keep it eventhough newer version of Jack will be release? :cuckoo:

I was looking at this figure again today and I was thinking that it might just come with one hairpiece that attaches to both head sculpts.

^There's only one headsculpt. He has interchangeable faces.

Will you sell your old HT Jack Sparrow figures or still keep it eventhough newer version of Jack will be release? :cuckoo:

Right now I have no desire to sell my old Jack because I have no plans on buying either of the new figures unless they make improvements on the sculpts. I also have the PF.

Right now I have no desire to sell my old Jack because I have no plans on buying either of the new figures unless they make improvements on the sculpts. I also have the PF.

why? although both EB and HT sculpts arnt perfect they're alot better than the old HT sculpt.
:peace

Ah ok, if they improved it (w/c I know they will) and you liked it..will you still sell your old 1/6 HT Jack? Btw, you got the regular AWE version right? Cause I'm confused if I'll sell my old one (AWE) cause for sure I'll be getting this newer version or just keep it? :dunno

Back