Poll: Who do you hate more? Ewoks or Jar Jar Binks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who do you hate more?

• Ewoks

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Jar Jar Binks

Votes: 76 80.9%

• Total voters
jlcmsu said:
Yeah, all fans do it but SW fans in general seem to be the worst. Myself included as I've bitched about things in the Saga many times. Like mucking Jar Jar me he :emperor forever.

This is so true.. I used to get pretty flustered about it, but then just started to become a lot more chill about the flaws in SW. In truth, many of those flaws now serve as funny little footnotes to point out with friends and laugh while watching the DVD.

The movies I love that much have flaws, and their shortcomings.. But it doesn't diminish my love for them in the least. Star Wars and LOTR have sparked so much creativity within me, sometimes even causing me to reflect on my own life. So for that I will always remember it.

Funny thing is.. I remember fondly watching AOTC, when Anakin's mother died in his arms. It reminded me of my own life, only in reverse. My mother died when I was 12, and ironically she was the one who introduced me to that galaxy far, far away. Her death galvanized me for the future, strengthened me for the tough times ahead. In many ways, those years of darkness made me the good person I am today.

So as I watched Anakin slip into that same darkness, it really struck a cord in me. Watching this man succumb to despair and fear, becoming this evil being... Was like watching myself in a way, only if I had made the wrong decisions. It's for these types of parallels that I love those two sagas. When tears come to your eyes and you understand how these characters feel in those moments you love so much, you could care less about the plot holes and weak spots. Those moments make it all worth while.

And as much as Jar-Jar sucked, he cannot make SW any less cool than it is. :D

DarkArtist81 said:
This is so true.. I used to get pretty flustered about it, but then just started to become a lot more chill about the flaws in SW. In truth, many of those flaws now serve as funny little footnotes to point out with friends and laugh while watching the DVD.

The movies I love that much have flaws, and their shortcomings.. But it doesn't diminish my love for them in the least. Star Wars and LOTR have sparked so much creativity within me, sometimes even causing me to reflect on my own life. So for that I will always remember it.

Funny thing is.. I remember fondly watching AOTC, when Anakin's mother died in his arms. It reminded me of my own life, only in reverse. My mother died when I was 12, and ironically she was the one who introduced me to that galaxy far, far away. Her death galvanized me for the future, strengthened me for the tough times ahead. In many ways, those years of darkness made me the good person I am today.

So as I watched Anakin slip into that same darkness, it really struck a cord in me. Watching this man succumb to despair and fear, becoming this evil being... Was like watching myself in a way, only if I had made the wrong decisions. It's for these types of parallels that I love those two sagas. When tears come to your eyes and you understand how these characters feel in those moments you love so much, you could care less about the plot holes and weak spots. Those moments make it all worth while.

And as much as Jar-Jar sucked, he cannot make SW any less cool than it is. :D

Very well said DA.:chew

Ewoks were minding their own business. They didn't ask to be caught in the middle of an intergalactic conflict.

All things considered, they handled themselves pretty well. How can you hate them as much as the Binks crew? :confused:

I don't really hate either. Besides, Ewoks like to cook and eat humans. What's cuter than that?

I don't hate Jar Jar either. He never asked to be made into a bumbling idiot that was only a ploy to bring in a younger audience. I hate the moron or morons who thought it was a good idea to put him in as such.

Re: Poll: Who do you more? Ewoks or Jar Jar Binks

Darth Loki said:
I don't Jar Jar either. He never asked to be made into a bumbling idiot that was only a ploy to bring in a younger audience. I the moron or morons who thought it was a good idea to put him in as such.

Watch Disc 2 of the Phantom Menace .... you just shot the creator! :google

Re: Poll: Who do you more? Ewoks or Jar Jar Binks

LOTRFan said:
Watch Disc 2 of the Phantom Menace .... you just shot the creator! :google

The highlights of that documentary: Ewan choosing his own lightsaber design and Lucas saying how funny Jar Jar is going to be.

Priceless! :rotfl

I like Ewoks.

I don't "hate" Jar Jar, I try not to really think about him too much. I just think The Phantom Menace would've been a lot more enjoyable without him.

Qui-Gon was perhaps the only character I really liked in TPM. (though a great actor like Neeson even manages to give a wooden performance, and I don't necessarily blame him) But regretfully, he spends most of his time hanging out with Jar Jar.

Now that we know JJB survives the prequels, do you think we'll see him pop up in EU alongside Luke, Leia, and crew? How much of a disconnect would that be?!!

If there was anything that could turn me off to the EU, that would be it. Let JJB be. No one likes him. Most people hate him.

Back