Statue Prime 1 Venom Revealed !!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XM Venom is such a better statue, the color is better, the pose is better, the head sculpts are much better and more in proportion, and the peg holes will make the Prime 1 version horrible, would have been nice to display a clean version. The tendrils on Prime 1 are a bit much for Venom too. Also on Prime 1 he has tiny feet!!!!!

lmao!! All the XM owners are threatened by P1's version. :panic: Prime 1's going to cake walk all over XM's version once they hit the scene. Sad but true. :monkey2

lmao!! All the XM owners are threatened by P1's version. :panic: Prime 1's going to cake walk all over XM's version once they hit the scene. Sad but true. :monkey2

It's true though. They can't believe they spent $1,500-2,000 on a quarter scale statue when they could've bought an equally impressive statue for roughly half the price.

classic Venom.jpg
Prime 1 Venom has a tiny head, dont think it has a chance of taking over the XM version, after recent pictures my friend is selling his Prime 1 pre-order and looking for an XM Venom. Prime 1 fans would have you believe people are selling their XM Venom and replacing it with this badly painted, full of holes, out of proportion Venom. The reality is the XM Venom is hard to find under £1000.....and thats because its better. People that have them wont part with them.

Some XM fanboys really need to leave certain threads alone.

On both forums it's got crap like this.

They just come into a thread just to start something, or to get a rise out of people who appreciate a piece.

They just come into a thread just to start something, or to get a rise out of people who appreciate a piece.

:lol that's almost every thread to certain degree regardless of Maker. Marvel and DC are more like this overall from my experience, regardless of forum scale or format.

View attachment 433514
Prime 1 Venom has a tiny head, dont think it has a chance of taking over the XM version, after recent pictures my friend is selling his Prime 1 pre-order and looking for an XM Venom. Prime 1 fans would have you believe people are selling their XM Venom and replacing it with this badly painted, full of holes, out of proportion Venom. The reality is the XM Venom is hard to find under £1000.....and thats because its better. People that have them wont part with them.

Its not equally impressive dude....it small head ruins it!!!View attachment 433517

Totally agree, the head seems a little small too....prefer the venom on the right....and it has an unmasked headsculpt!!!View attachment 433518

Wow, for a piece that's supposed to be "the best", you're very insecure about your choice.

Looks like you are trying to convince yourself that you made the better choice by posting the same pic and saying the same thing over and over again. Clearly, part of you believe you made the wrong choice. Otherwise, you wouldn't be in this thread.

The worst thing about XM...certain insecure needy fanboys.

I don’t even get the loyalism. As I’ve gotten older I literally just buy whatever I want from whichever company I want. Sneakers. Cars. Statues. I have pieces from XM, Sideshow, P1, F4F, PCS, etc. There’s no point coming in and threadcrapping. Just buy what you like and let others do the same imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t even get the loyalism. As I’ve gotten older I literally just buy whatever I want from whichever company I want. Sneakers. Cars. Statues. I have pieces from XM, Sideshow, P1, F4F, PCS, etc. There’s no point coming in and threadcrapping. Just buy what you like and let others do the same imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1000% agree. Before I purchased Venom statue, I had 3 choices. And I listed out what is the most important thing about the statue that I'm looking for... Present, proportion, and McFarlane inspired.
1. What I like about SS, price, proportion and spider insignia is the best out of the 3. Cons: skin textured, pose too similar to spiderman pf that I have. Teeth, I like more teeth that close together like McFarlane.
2. P1: McFarlane head is the best looking. Cons: proportion is way off - not a fan of Dark origin art, and somehow McFarlane head looks too small on the statue but other heads are fine. Price is good
3. XM - proportion is good. McFarlane inspired head is good. Cons: Spider insignia is the weakest, and the price is the most expensive.
Decision:
I decided to go with XM, because of skin tone, proportion, pose and McFarlane head. I got my for 1500 shipped.... So technically I paid 1200 + 300 for shipping. I live in California so for I pay about $1000 for P1 before shipping so technically I only paid $200 more to get XM.

Once in hand, I never regret my decision what so ever... It's a lot better in hand. Pick what you like best not because other people like best.
4c3b68afdb870d90f4d00d297c731aa1.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Scale is a big factor too when considering the 3. The prime and xm don't go well with 1/4 scale pieces imo. They are massive and much closer to 1/3.

1000% agree. Before I purchased Venom statue, I had 3 choices. And I listed out what is the most important thing about the statue that I'm looking for... Present, proportion, and McFarlane inspired.
1. What I like about SS, price, proportion and spider insignia is the best out of the 3. Cons: skin textured, pose too similar to spiderman pf that I have. Teeth, I like more teeth that close together like McFarlane.
2. P1: McFarlane head is the best looking. Cons: proportion is way off - not a fan of Dark origin art, and somehow McFarlane head looks too small on the statue but other heads are fine. Price is good
3. XM - proportion is good. McFarlane inspired head is good. Cons: Spider insignia is the weakest, and the price is the most expensive.
Decision:
I decided to go with XM, because of skin tone, proportion, pose and McFarlane head. I got my for 1500 shipped.... So technically I paid 1200 + 300 for shipping. I live in California so for I pay about $1000 for P1 before shipping so technically I only paid $200 more to get XM.

Once in hand, I never regret my decision what so ever... It's a lot better in hand. Pick what you like best not because other people like best.

Actually technically you paid $400 or so more out of pocket for the XM piece.

But at the end of the day, always buy what you like, or the entire piece could become a write off in your head.

Actually technically you paid $400 or so more out of pocket for the XM piece.

But at the end of the day, always buy what you like, or the entire piece could become a write off in your head.
True that, I paid more for XM... But if you can get it locally, shipping cost would not be a b*tch.

Yes... buy what you like, just like get tattoo that you like, not others like.

Think I'm going to pre-order this P1 venom. It's going for the same price as Hot Toys 1:1 Infinity Gauntlet.
Just so lucky to have Popcultcha selling this otherwise it would be $300 shipping as well.

Criticism is fine as long as it's constructive criticism.

From our board's CoC:

Respect the Product Creators

When posting remember that someone worked very hard to bring that collectible to life and be respectful of that hard work. Criticism should always be constructive and generalizations such as calling items "crap" or similar terms will be deleted. Persisting in this behavior will result in infractions and/or banning.

Please remember that just because you don't like or like a particular collectible doesn't mean that everyone feels the same. This hobby is subjective.

Again from our board's CoC:

Remember, that your opinion is not a fact and repeating the same criticism over and over again is unlikely to change anyone else’s mind.

The worst thing about XM...certain insecure needy fanboys.

LMFAOOOOOOO!! So true :rotfl

I've got a bunch of XM statues and spend a lot of time in the XM thread on the other site, and you nailed it! XM makes great pieces but the fanboys behave like XM is the be all and end all of statues :slap

Back