Princess Leia Head Sculpt and More - Help !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkKnight2k4

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok, I am trying to upgrade a Hoth Leia to display with my Bespin Luke and Han...

It will be replacing the Hasbro 12" head...

Which you can see is pretty bad:

126660_1001_LP.jpg

So I come to the experts ...

Any idea where I can get a good sculpt for this figure ?

Also, I have a feeling the body should be updated. What are your suggestions ?

And yes, I know the gun sucks, so that will come as well.

Any and all help is deeply appreciated.

Thank you guys.

I betcha a Boushh Leia head and a Hot Toys female body would work wonders.

I was thinking the same. You could probably get away with the hair strands the run along the sideburn area of the Boushh portrait, and do a little adding and subtracting of material at the top back of her head and you could have a Hot look, not sure how easy some of that is to accomplish or not.

Hmmm, was hoping to avoid that if I could.

Think there are any other options ?

Really? For 50 bucks you'd have a really great Boushh figure and the head sculpt for your Leia to boot. Unless you don't like the Boushh sculpt. If you go the commisison route then your talkin' alot more than $50, like at least 6 times more than that for an original custom sculpt.

What you might think about is taking the Boushh sculpt and altering the hair you could try sculpting over it with Milliput (white its finer)

or cutting the original sculpt back and then re-sculpting the hair

Id start by trying a gun, as I posted and then once your familiar with sculpting a bit, then have ago yourself

or as has been said pay $200 - $300 dollars for a pro sculpt !

https://www.milliput.co.uk/home.htm

Honestly, just wait for SS to try one or this will be quite the intensive project. The body sucks, the gun sucks, the outfit needs all kind of re-tailoring and those boots are really clunky. I was going to try doing the same thing and once I got it.. just bad. The jumpsuit is short in the legs and the arms when put on a normal non Hasbro body.

I think I can score a Bousch Leia for like $27 shipped, so it may be worth it.

Now just to be able to fig that hair line.

Do you think the Hasbro clothes will fit the Sideshow body properly?

I think I can score a Bousch Leia for like $27 shipped, so it may be worth it.

Now just to be able to fig that hair line.

Do you think the Hasbro clothes will fit the Sideshow body properly?

That's a great deal. :cool:

I think Memnoch answered tha but yeah, the Hasbro clothes will be a bit small without alterations for about any other body.

That's a great deal. :cool:

I think Memnoch answered tha but yeah, the Hasbro clothes will be a bit small without alterations for about any other body.

Indeed a great deal but yea, the clothes are small and baggy. It will require basically an entirely new body suit. Plus the material for the jump suit is wrong. Its more of that smooth shimery material than the more thermal material of the actual costume.

CRAP !!!!!!!!

Can nothing one desires be easy?

You might be able to use 2 Hoth Leia outfits to make one, I'm sure that the legs would be long enough on one suit. It's usually the sleeves that are short. Cut the pant sleeves from one suit and use those to make longer shirt sleeves. Some sewing is required, that's what i did for my custom Vader, I used 2 Ultimate villain suits to make one.

If you are gonna try that you may need 3 suits. Here are the issues:

The arms are super baggy. Same with the legs. They are also designed to sit barely inside the boots so the legs are very short when you compare them to a Buck or just about any other body. So the overall suit needs to be both lengthened and tightened.

Unless you get lucky somehow on the Bay you'd probably need a new figure. One thing I can say though is that after you have retailored the jump suit the thermal patches should look great on the figure. Also there is no closure on the vest so if you want it to be buttoned up you will need to add closures there as well.

I for one would love to see the results of this pretty ambitious project.
Good luck!

IMHO just have a go

Your not going to be the same as the likes of Les Josh and Glenn and others on these boards in your first attempt

It will never be "perfect" nothing ever is

and afterall Les Josh and Glenn had to start somewhere

You can try as much as you can to make it screen accurate but it never will be

Make your best attempt show it on here

Ive tried stuff with customs, somethings have worked somethings havent Ive never had anyone on these boards just take the urine for my attempt

Theyve always made helpful criticisms if at all and praised me for at least having a go

Its a good idea to analyse what your gonna do before you do it I admit, but obviously try and do it on your budget pointless spending too much trying to bring a $20 figure up to a medicom standard

Especially if its your first attempt

Back