question about truetype and prometheus feet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metaphorge

Archbishop of Bologna!!!
Reaction score
I know what the ankle joint system for HT's TrueType bodies is like, but what does the other end of the ankle that goes into the feet/shoes for Sideshow's new Prometheus body look like?

What procedure do you have to go through with their feet if you want to transplant a figure on a Prometheus onto a TrueType or vice versa?

(I'm wanting to eventually replace the Bucks on my Star Wars figures and I'm thinking TrueTypes for Han, Prometheuses for Luke....)

Im waiting on a prometheus atm from Toy Anxiety, posty might be a week or so,

I do have the prometheus hands and feet though and tried them on a truetype to see,

hands perfect, but the feet arent ball pegs their ridged stems like the hands,

the ridged stems on the feet are as long as the hands and Im guessing if you drilled the leg with a hole slightly smaller if not the same size as the stem they would slot in

How easy it is Im not sure as Im waiting to send the prometheus figure I bought back to SSC so I cant do anything with it for obvious reasons

the new ankles on the pro body end in stems that are exactly the same as the ones on the bucks feet. the feet from the buck body can be removed by boiling them and pulling. then boil them again and slip over the peg on the Prometheus ankle, and you've got a foot for a boot.

the new ankles on the pro body end in stems that are exactly the same as the ones on the bucks feet. the feet from the buck body can be removed by boiling them and pulling. then boil them again and slip over the peg on the Prometheus ankle, and you've got a foot for a boot.

But what if you want to transplant a TT body? How would you fit the Pro feet on a TT body? That's what I need to do with Snake Eyes.

But what if you want to transplant a TT body? How would you fit the Pro feet on a TT body? That's what I need to do with Snake Eyes.

I assume Mooncat was referring to that when he posted this:

Im waiting on a prometheus atm from Toy Anxiety, posty might be a week or so,

I do have the prometheus hands and feet though and tried them on a truetype to see,

hands perfect, but the feet arent ball pegs their ridged stems like the hands,

the ridged stems on the feet are as long as the hands and Im guessing if you drilled the leg with a hole slightly smaller if not the same size as the stem they would slot in

I dunno if I'll get to doing a transplant before I head to Egypt on Friday, but if I do I'll report back on the results... it would seem logical that dremeling a slot into the TT's ankles for the Prom's foot/ankle joints would work....

I assume Mooncat was referring to that when he posted this:

I dunno if I'll get to doing a transplant before I head to Egypt on Friday, but if I do I'll report back on the results... it would seem logical that dremeling a slot into the TT's ankles for the Prom's foot/ankle joints would work....

Well, tell us what you find out.

Problem you have is the TT extenders are about the same width as the hole you need to drill for the feet, so when you drill the hole you basically drill the peg bit of the extender on the TT

However all is not lost, some superglue and you can glue them back in place as the extenders are just a slotted peg and the bit you drill off is only the bit that slots up, theres a ridge bit you can use to glue

If you want the feet to be removable a bit of messing about is required, and care in not drilling off the extender peg.

for a securely fixed non removable foot some, sculpey / milliput in the mix as well, then superglued and you should be fine

Hope that helps

Problem you have is the TT extenders are about the same width as the hole you need to drill for the feet, so when you drill the hole you basically drill the peg bit of the extender on the TT

However all is not lost, some superglue and you can glue them back in place as the extenders are just a slotted peg and the bit you drill off is only the bit that slots up, theres a ridge bit you can use to glue

If you want the feet to be removable a bit of messing about is required, and care in not drilling off the extender peg.

for a securely fixed non removable foot some, sculpey / milliput in the mix as well, then superglued and you should be fine

Hope that helps

I'll let you try it first and see what you report. I wouldn't want to destroy my figure in the attempt. BTW, I've removed the extenders on a couple of my HT figures before and they do pop out pretty easily, especially if you soak them in hot water for a bit. That may make them easier to dremel or even just shove the Pro foot peg into. In fact, I might just try to see if I can shove the boot pegs in the extender free calves, hopefully my customs don't look too short from it.

the easy thing to do is just pull the treutype lower legs off the knee joint, wrap some medical tape aroung the part that plugs into the lower leg to make it bigger around, and then pulg the lower legs from the pro body onto the truetype.

the easy thing to do is just pull the treutype lower legs off the knee joint, wrap some medical tape aroung the part that plugs into the lower leg to make it bigger around, and then pulg the lower legs from the pro body onto the truetype.
Do you think you could then dremel the lower TT leg to fit onto the prom?

Would this work for the Saturday Toy body also?

I didn't realize the Pro calf was just a slightly wider hole. I might try this with plastic wrap. Unless medical tape is better?

Medical tape is just my personal preference. I've got alot of it. it's sticky, and it provides a nice, non-slip surface. I don't know about the saturday toys bodies, as i've never had one to mess with. Try it and let us know?

Back