Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s the only thing I’m interested in, the holster. The HT is not the greatest. Definitely picking that up.

IMG_8581.jpeg

Opinions on this custom sculpt?

I saw that too. Looks OK, think the hair looks abit big and he looks tired lol
I’d be tired too after what Leons been through lol. I see what you mean. Hair a little dark. It’s supposed to be messy blonde but his hair is lighter I thought. But then again, I know hot toys paints Thors hair the same colour and he has pretty light blonde hair too.

I do see why he went with that haircolor. It seems to be different in every photo. Mostly due to lighting it can look very different

Attachments

• IMG_8584.jpeg
    IMG_8584.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8585.jpeg
    IMG_8585.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8583.jpeg
    IMG_8583.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8582.jpeg
    IMG_8582.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 0
I do see why he went with that haircolor. It seems to be different in every photo. Mostly due to lighting it can look very different
Yeah I prefer it to be a little brighter personally like dark blonde.

Still looks like a solid head for a custom or something, maybe abit more life than the dam toys head lol

Looks like a bug on top of his head. Or very Tim Burton animated hair looking hairpiece.

View attachment 695012

Opinions on this custom sculpt?
Looks like Leon from an alternate RE2 timeline where he made it to a Dealer's house and got hooked on medication instead of getting taken in by authorities afterwards.

Joke aside, if the hair was more golden and balanced towards the front to cover the right eye a bit more, and the eyes were re-shaped a bit then this could be a really solid sculpt.

From left to right, which brand/maker is each Jill?

Which is considered the closest to likeness?
Master Team, swtoys, super duck and hot heart.

My pick is master team, them super duck if you want a classic Jill, they did release a 2.0 sculpt, then hot heart and last swtoys. I didn’t bother with that other Jill that was released.

IMG_6410.jpeg

I no longer have the swtoys and Hot Heart. Broken down and stored away.

After looking at Jill & Leon figures all week. I didn't like any of the current 1/6 Jill figures apart from MTTOYS although they're asking too much $$ now and it looked "off" as well.

So I decided on the CAPCOM 1/6 statue that comes in a blue box that was bundled with the RE3 PS4 game. Found a used one on ebay. Example below. Now to look for a Leon of the same brand. Have to wait for it to arrive.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Last edited:
After looking at Jill & Leon figures all week. I didn't like any of the current 1/6 Jill figures apart from MTTOYS although they're asking too much $$ now and it looked "off" as well.

So I decided on the CAPCOM 1/6 statue that comes in a blue box that was bundled with the RE3 PS4 game. Found one on ebay. Example below. Now to look for a Leon of the same brand.

View attachment 695249
View attachment 695250
I feel the same way. None of those 1/6 RE3R Jill's really do it for me. They all look off somehow. Body proportions, clothing (fit and material used) and face sculpts.

That statue is still my favorite RE3 Remake Jill in 1/6 scale, even though she appears to be a bit underscaled for 1/6. But maybe thats just me.

The sculpt is great from head to toe and the paint job is pretty good too, except for the face. The eyes and eyebrows in particular just aren't painted very well, at least on my statue. Could be fixed by a good repaint though.

I chose the HH Jill personally based not necessarily on likeness, but value for money; the FD009C set included both classic and remake outfits, two heads and the accessories are decent (I'd take an M4 shotty and a Samurai Edge over whatever leftovers they throw in these figures these days). A cheap body was thrown in, too.

I couldn't grumble; it's an ideal starting point for customization and I've since obtained Frank Jaeger's RE3 Jill head for the classic side of things. I can always touch up the HH head for eventual remake version, or print something.

I'd advise others to do similarly; these 3rd party figures are never perfect out of the box, let's be honest.

I feel the same way. None of those 1/6 RE3R Jill's really do it for me. They all look off somehow. Body proportions, clothing (fit and material used) and face sculpts.

That statue is still my favorite RE3 Remake Jill in 1/6 scale, even though she appears to be a bit underscaled for 1/6. But maybe thats just me.

The sculpt is great from head to toe and the paint job is pretty good too, except for the face. The eyes and eyebrows in particular just aren't painted very well, at least on my statue. Could be fixed by a good repaint though.
Have been thinking about that. Would you repaint it yourself or go with an experienced painter?

Only problem would be shipping the whole statue, so that would bump the price up and the whole thing would at risk of damage or getting lost.

Back