Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ringwraith on Steed PF

Sideshow had hinted in the past that a Cave Troll might be a possible addition to their Premium Format line. Most people balked, saying the size would be too large, but if they pose it right, it might not be too much bigger than the Abomination Premium Format. This comment suggests that it is at least in design and maybe development. I hope that he makes an appearance in the Premium Format line too though!

Can't wait to pre-order the Ringwraith on Steed!

Looks like we can expect the Ringwraith on a Steed PF between now and SDCC 2012 according to Sideshow: Ask Sideshow.

Question: Hey guys, I was hoping that several things could be confirmed if that is ok. When will we see Ring Wraith on Steed, Cave Troll, Juggernaut and Sauron Premium Format updates?

Sideshow's Answer: You’ll see the Dark Rider of Mordor Premium Format figure between now and SDCC 2012. Cave Troll and Juggy are having a contest to see which beefcake, big boy will appear next, and so far it’s a pretty even battle. As for Sauron – well, a dark lord will appear precisely when he is ready, [...]

That's excellent news. I've been waiting for some LOTR PF love for awhile especially for this character.

Need to start saving money for this one. It's not going to be cheap! ;)

It's a must-have for all LOTR fans who collects the PF line.

This is also the most definite news on the Cave Troll PF yet, that Sideshow has a couple of bigger PFs in the works, but it may be Juggernaut that shows up shelves first. I am thrilled about the Ringwraith on Steed, and can't wait to see some teasers on the Cave Troll. I have to wonder if the Cave Troll is one of the "baddies" that Sideshow stated will precede a pre-order of Sam (along with a couple of other Fellowship members!)

One can only hope. I've always loved the design of the Cave Troll, and I would love to have him in my collection, representing LOTR along with all my swords.

As much as I like the cave troll, id personally rather see some battle trolls all decked out in armor and what not, but thats just me :D

As much as I like the cave troll, id personally rather see some battle trolls all decked out in armor and what not, but thats just me :D
I thought the armored variations on the trolls throughout the Return of the King were pretty cool, but I prefer the Cave Troll from the Fellowship as he was the most fleshed out character of the trolls. I even felt bad for him when he died at the hands of Legolas!

Shhhhh! Don't jinx it, please! It's good enough SS is making a troll PF.:peace

I thought the armored variations on the trolls throughout the Return of the King were pretty cool, but I prefer the Cave Troll from the Fellowship as he was the most fleshed out character of the trolls. I even felt bad for him when he died at the hands of Legolas!

Yeah i'll agree with you on that. He was pretty awesome and to see him die sucked.
Shhhhh! Don't jinx it, please! It's good enough SS is making a troll PF.:peace

Your right, I better not jinx anything. I too would be happy with a cave troll pf.

I have a sinking feeling the cave troll might be a LSF :(

I have a sinking feeling the cave troll might be a LSF :(

jesus christ not every big piece is going to be a lsf, sideshow has everyone running so scared after the wolf predator lsf, now anything remotely big <$1000 suppose to be a good price, ridiculus.

the only lsf from lotr coming out is sauron.

jesus christ not every big piece is going to be a lsf, sideshow has everyone running so scared after the wolf predator lsf, now anything remotely big <$1000 suppose to be a good price, ridiculus.

the only lsf from lotr coming out is sauron.

Unfortunately, it may not be beyond them to shove this project into the LSF line, make it open edition and $2000. Definitely hope they don't do that because that would be the one thing that would keep me from purchasing this piece.

Some are just assuming that a cave troll will be a pf or lsf. Very easily could be a statue.

With the RWOS in the PF department, and Sauron falling somewhere between PF or LSF, I think it's a safe assumption that the Cave Troll would be produced as a statue. Also take into account that the Troll is somewhat of an obscure character to invest in as a LSF.

:exactly: Since he's so much bigger than human-sized characters, if the Cave Troll was done as part of the maquette line, wouldn't that put him at roughly the size of a PF? Maybe a tad bigger? I'd say that'd be pretty cool.

If the Ringwraith on Steed is going to stay in the Premium Format line, there is no reason for the Cave Troll move into the Legendary Scale Line either. If he had a pose similar to the Snow Troll statue, he would not be too big to be in the Premium Format Range. Comparing the sizes listed in the Making of books, the Cave Troll would be a little bit bigger than Abomination, but not by much.

If the Cave Troll were a maquette and in true 1:6 scale, I would be happy with that too!

Just look at pictures of the original ct or st statues to get an idea of size for a new ct statue.

Back