Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PZ that would be great!!

Angel, ORIGINAL as in movie or TV series? And, which ones do you need?

I've got all of the cards that were made by Inkworks a few years back. I also have all of the cards from the POTA TV series.

However, I only have about 50% of the POTA original trading cards from the movie, and some doubles. Do you have any doubles you'd be willing to swap?

PZ that would be great!!

Angel, ORIGINAL as in movie or TV series? And, which ones do you need?

Ironman - After opening my book I see that I actually have the following: 4, 5, 6, 11, 14, 15, 21, 23, 24, 25, 29, 31, 32, 33, 34, 36 and 37. How many are in the set, do you even know? Looks like my guess of 50% is a little off.

I need to go look for my doubles. Where did I put them? :confused:

I think I'm about sculpted out Ironman. Did you know the only four ape heads that I really look forward to making someday might be: a better version of Julius, perhaps a better version of Virgil, Aldo, and the TV version of Dr. Zaius. After that, I think I may be really done.
You can get sculpted out, as long as I can get casts of what you've accomplished.

I've got all of the cards that were made by Inkworks a few years back. I also have all of the cards from the POTA TV series.

However, I only have about 50% of the POTA original trading cards from the movie, and some doubles. Do you have any doubles you'd be willing to swap?

Ironman - After opening my book I see that I actually have the following: 4, 5, 6, 11, 14, 15, 21, 23, 24, 25, 29, 31, 32, 33, 34, 36 and 37. How many are in the set, do you even know? Looks like my guess of 50% is a little off.

I need to go look for my doubles. Where did I put them? :confused:

There were 44 cards in the original movie card set. I know I had some but I haven't worked on my card collection in years. I will look for them and you are more than welcome to whatever I have.

I have all of the cards sets complete (Movie, TV and Inkwork) but unfortunately I had no extras.

The only cards I'm missing in the Inkwork set is a few of the autograph cards. They can get a bit spendy for my taste.

I'd like cards with original artwork (like Mars attacks) not shots from the movies or tv series.

I'd like original art combined with artist's renderings of the film and TV characters, done by the old school artists like Ploog, Larkin, Norem and some new guys like Ross, Horn, etc..

Hello Jess! I sent you a PM regarding your address! I have your package ready to go out tomorrow! Thankyou, Kent.:D

Hi Kfog. My address is correct as you have it.

W.G., there is an artist by the name of Graham Hill, and he's done some mighty fine ape paintings. If you go to forumoftheapes.yuku.com, I am using his artwork as my avatar. I bet he would make a killing on Feebay if he were ever to produce trading cards...but don't know if that would cause a cease & decist from Fox. Most probably.

Just got though watching Beneath the POTA, and I didn't notice any Gorilla soldiers having the white rank strips. I know they're in the TV series, so is that where they were introduced?

I'm just wondering why HT would make them part of the Movie series figures then.

Hi Kfog. My address is correct as you have it.

W.G., there is an artist by the name of Graham Hill, and he's done some mighty fine ape paintings. If you go to forumoftheapes.yuku.com, I am using his artwork as my avatar. I bet he would make a killing on Feebay if he were ever to produce trading cards...but don't know if that would cause a cease & decist from Fox. Most probably.
His stuff is nice, but I prefer the other artists.
Just got though watching Beneath the POTA, and I didn't notice any Gorilla soldiers having the white rank strips. I know they're in the TV series, so is that where they were introduced?

I'm just wondering why HT would make them part of the Movie series figures then.
Yes, the "striping" of the gorillas was introduced in the TV series. HT did it as a "nod" to the TV series fans. It was also said to be the variant exclusive when first announced that would be produced in fewer numbers. That doesn't seem to have been the case in the end though.
Oh, and the striping is silver, not white.

My Hot Toys Apes will be here tomorrow, I can't flippin' wait.

I thought it odd that the TV Soldier ended up being a regular release myself. When they were first announced I know it was mentioned that he would be a Sideshow exclusive. I still tend to think he was released in fewer numbers, but judging by his availability, not by much.

And here I thought I was the last to get them. :lol
I don't think he's that much rarer, but some of those ebayers seem to play it up. I just wish I could get more. And that the gorillas had different faces.

lol, yeah, due to the cost, I slacked on them a bit. Glad I did though as I ended up getting them for about $100 each including shipping from a seller on eBay.

Graham Hill's work is not bad but Ken Barr and Earl Norem were pulp illustrators. They know how to catch the attention. I suppose there are still old school artists who could do something good. Hill works with photos. I prefer artists who works with memories. It's more personnal and there is more "life" in their work.

Graham Hill's work is not bad but Ken Barr and Earl Norem were pulp illustrators. They know how to catch the attention. I suppose there are still old school artists who could do something good. Hill works with photos. I prefer artists who works with memories. It's more personnal and there is more "life" in their work.

I would kill to see Ploog do a nice full length story. I'd settle for a card set. Larkin, in my opinion, had the best covers for the old Apes mags. Not always the best color choices, but the covers were outstanding!
I would like to see what someone like Alex Ross would do with the Apes characters but I'm not holding my breath.

Back