SDCC Exclusive 12" Aayla Secura

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno, the more I see her the more I think she sticks out too much from the others. Is she really that jarringly blue next to the other PT Jedi?

She's actually not as blue as I thought she was. Nor as she may look in my photos which I'll be posting in a bit. The right wrist is loose on mine as well.

I hate it when the bodies have loose joints. My Obi-Wan is so loose I couldn't get him to stand on his own.

Just got her today...A quick shot...
2721675174_36c6bdf2d6_b.jpg

The loose-wrist thing must be pretty common...this one's right one is too.

I'll take some more shots over the weekend but first impressions...love the sculpt and paint apps...really nice. Outfit...is gonna need some futzing. I think I'll be displaying her with the robe on. As we've seen before on these figures, tight-fitting outfits do not look so good on these base bodies. Am curious to see if any of the resident artists do a body swap with a more flattering body (please post pictures!)

I like her...but....well. let me display her a bit and get back to you... :)

I'm still not happy with her.
And I have a new problem, the body is extremely lose, the right wrist joint is flopping around a bit.
Anyone else have this issue?

Nope, it's clearly too big. Just look at the proportions of her face, they're too large in comparison to her body, especially when compared to other 1:6 females.
I even compared her head to Sideshow's first two Buffy figures and those are far more accurate in proportion. Aayla's head is more in proportion to Sideshow's female rotocast experiments. :horror

I'm thinking of possibly buying Gentle Giant's Aayla Bust and transplanting that head. The proportions should be much better even though the likeness to Amy Allen is about as close as Sideshow's:
IMG_3303.JPG

Wow, that looks really good!

This figure, like Yavin Luke serves perfectly for it's purpose. It's not their greatest figure nor the best character choice, but because of it's unique availability, that makes it ideal, people who missed it likely aren't losing any sleep over that, and those that got one get something.

Well I just got home from my trip to So. Cal. and I have to say I like this figure(really profound eh?). The outfit definately needed some futzing bad. I wish the top was one solid piece rather than having a snap at one side. I think if it was solid the top would lay better but what do I know. I had problems with the sleeve side wanting to come off her shoulder every time I moved her arm. Sadly I to have a figure suffering from right limp wrist syndrome. :(

However, overall I like her and think she looks good in the collections bringing some much needed color to the jedi ranks. I am a bit disappointed with the bland lightsabers these background jedi have been getting. Aaylas is a bit big too IMHO. It would be nice to have a little color on it.

Some quick pics using a cell phone enjoy!! :chew

aayla.jpg

aayla2-1.jpg

Back