Sean's 1/6 Wampa Environment (cave)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please tell me there's glitter in there! Looks amazing! I want to do something similar for a Fight Club cave complete with penguin, any tips????

Please tell me there's glitter in there! Looks amazing! I want to do something similar for a Fight Club cave complete with penguin, any tips????

Yeah, there's glitter. It took a while to find colorless glitter, but I found it. I used two sizes of glitter to create texture, one very small - smaller than sugar - and one a bit larger. I just used built it up with cardboard and styrofoam, plaster bandages, then the finish coat of Ultracal (a harder plaster, only because I had a bunch left over from something else), painted it with Kills (latex white paint that covers well) and then added a bit of glitter in places. :)

Sean

Jeez - this is just great!! Love the look of the icicles, the lighting, it all works really nice together. Maybe add some iced-over animal bones for some extra oomph?

Thanks! Oh and in case I didn't mention it I built in 3 lights so it lights up.

Yeah, I already made bones and placed them around, added tumbled glass (looks exactly like chunks of ice) and "snow" that I bought from a local craft store. Looks just like winter in there!

Sean

Yeah, there's glitter. It took a while to find colorless glitter, but I found it. I used two sizes of glitter to create texture, one very small - smaller than sugar - and one a bit larger. I just used built it up with cardboard and styrofoam, plaster bandages, then the finish coat of Ultracal (a harder plaster, only because I had a bunch left over from something else), painted it with Kills (latex white paint that covers well) and then added a bit of glitter in places. :)

Sean
Beauty, thanks for the tip! :hi5:

Yeah, there's glitter. It took a while to find colorless glitter, but I found it.

I'd love to know where you find colorless glitter. While working on my ice cave I found a small can of Krylon Glitter spray in my pantry, which belonged to my wife. I tried to use what little was left of it, but found it's so old the head is all clogged. Going to run out to try to pick some up today. Looks like it might be colorless spray on glitter? :panic:

Can be found at Micheal's it's called "crystal" glitter made by GlitterRex Corp. comes in 4.5 oz container.. I used this on the base of a 20" Frost Giant I made for a fellow collector.

Back