Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Toht image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so, floppy body aside, is Toht worth picking up? i've been looking at the EX version on the sideshow website for ages debating.

My Toht didn't have a floppy body at all. Nice tight joints all the way around. Though the Ex is really not worth it, even with a GC considering how much better the Hasbro Ark looks.

I've put my Toht up for sale in the commerce section if anyone is still looking for one? May even part it out if the interest was there?

Is the Thot ex. Ark a complete loss or might a can of chrome gold spray paint save it? The Hasbro one has dried up.

Good looking out, Deak! To be honest, while it's a cool item to have I can live without it. Basically I'm looking to get Toht once Indy and Sallah are done and was trying to decide if it was worth it shooting for the ex which doesn't seem to go for much more than the reg.

I'm not sold on the thickness of Toht's eyeglass frames. I've heard people refer to appropriate replacements - any suggestions / links ?

You'll be able to see Toht's glasses for yourself when he arrives on your doorstep Phill ! ( Phill just bought the Toht figure I put up for sale )

BBTS.com has the exclusive version in stock for 95.99. It's substandard grade but mine arrived in perfect shape. I can deal with the flawed ark for this price.

I'm not sold on the thickness of Toht's eyeglass frames. I've heard people refer to appropriate replacements - any suggestions / links ?

Inky, I got these glasses from GoodStuffToGo, they are from a WWII Japanese soldier figure. Can't remember the name of the figure or manufacuturer at the moment, but I think that info is somewhere in this thread as well as more pics. They are brass colored vs silver, but I think overall they are a definite improvement. Sideshow's glasses make poor Toht look like Ralphie from A Christmas Story.

IMG_16001.JPG

*EDIT* Manufacturer is DiD, I think the figure's name is Takao (or something like that)

Last edited:
The figure is Ito Takao, though he's long sold out everywhere. The glasses would be really hard to track down.

I just ordered the very same pair of glasses at monkey depot last weekend. They just need to be painted silver. I just checked and they appear to be sold out now but they do have some glasses with black frames that might do the trick.

I never posted pictures here. Made these about half a year ago. I really enjoyed taking photos of this guy. One of SSC's best figures. I love the tailoring, it's a great suit & jacket. Indeed, the glasses are not so good, but, you can make them look good on photos. :)

Back