Sideshow, are the days of the 1/4 scale comiquettes over?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shai

Cold Slither
Reaction score
Seems the last ones were Olivetti's Spidey and Carnage....

Everything else you now produce in comiquette form looks to be 1/5....Collosus, beast,daredevil,punisher,Bullseye,nightcrawler, Hulk and now hobgoblin...

A couple of years ago, you were all producing them in 1/4 (Iron Spider-man, classic Iron-Man, Namor,Wolverine ect....).And we could display them with other PF's,making some very neat displays...You are now charging more for them and making them smaller....

SO,ARE YOU FINISHED MAKING 1/4 SCALE MARVEL COMIQUETTES?

i don't know, and i guess we'll have to see when it arrives, but i still think HG is very close to 1/4 scale.:dunno

though it would be nice if everything matched scale wise.:thud:

i don't know, and i guess we'll have to see when it arrives, but i still think HG is very close to 1/4 scale.:dunno

though it would be nice if everything matched scale wise.:thud:

Are you serious ?....HG looks tiny.

spideycomparesmall.jpg

I've always wondered why Sideshow would mix and match 1/5 with 1/4. You would think that when they start making comiquettes with a similar theme (ie Spider-Man,) they would keep them all in the same scale. If anything, IMO, it just scares away business by mixing them like that. Uniformity is a big thing amongst collectors like myself.

SSC will continue to make the oddball 1/4 scale comiquette. Because so many collectors collect PFs, SSC has no choice but to make 1/4 scale comiquettes of characters that wouldn't translate well into PFs. Hence the 1/4 scale Silver Surfer, Iron Man, Carnage, and Venom.

I firmly believe that, if SSC could have made Venom and Carnage as PFs, the Spidey comiquette would have been made as a standard 1/5 scale comiquette.

So, whenever SSC can't make a PF of a marvel character, they will make a 1/4 scale comiquette. Every other comiquette will be released in 1/5 scale. If PF collectors can be patient, they will sooner or later get a 1/4 scale piece they want. SSC will make it as a 1/4 scale comiquette if they can't as a PF. The strict comiquette collector is screwed. We are the ones who have to deal with the f'd up scaled that are all over the place. We are the ones SSC doesn't give a crap about.

They should just make up their Freaking minds! Get one scale and do it all like that! It is just a way to drag us again!

Last edited:
I think the 1/5 scale Marvel women based on Hughes and Brooks art are pretty cool, but the heavy hitters and main entries should be done in 1/4 in my opinion.

Might as well make everything 1/4 they way they are charging everything.
A 1/5 comiquette costs pretty much the same as a 1/4 PF nowadays.

I say ditch 1/5 scale, ditch "premium format" and go all sculpted all 1/4 scale :lecture

Make it so Sideshow.

They will lose my business from anything 1/5 scale. I rather use my money to have a custom 1/4 or 1/2 comiquette done done. Only way to stop them from keeping up with 1/5 scale X-men and such is to NOT BUY. Eventually, when they exhaust the characters in 1/5 they will redo them in 1/4 anyways. There are only so many popular Marvel characters for them to milk.

Get out of 1/5 scale comiquettes Sideshow (except for your cover ladies).

Meanwhile, if you support a larger scale don't buy the 1/5 no matter which characater it is.

I realised this scale problem early on and started a thread about it in the 'ask sideshow' section. Unfortunately it received limited support.

Last edited:
Punisher is a damn decent size, and hulk looks F-ing huge, has anyone done the actual units size differenec between 1/4 and 1/5 scale, if you look at the pic of spidey and hobby you can mainly see the difference in the hands and head, but having a pose where the body is all hunched or folded doesn't help in comparing sizes either.

Back