Sideshow Hints at MASS EFFECT license in Q&A!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
From the 7/4/2010 "Ask Sideshow"

Has Sideshow ever thought of getting the license for the Mass Effect videogame? It has great characters.

Hmmm… perhaps you’ll be interested in our panel announcements at SDCC this year…

:google

:yess:

:rock

So, a maquette? A dio? Can't be a PF.

Still, good news. Means I won't be stuck with those sub-par lookin' DCD toys...

Awesome! :rock

Now we just need MGS. :monkey2

When will we see Metal Gear Solid Premium Format figures?

Sadly, we have not been able to convince all of The Powers That Be that Sideshow should produce MGS products, despite good will and intentions on all fronts. It remains a grail license for Sideshow.

Well I just hope they do it right if they do have it. Only people I think I would really trust would be Hot Toys....

But if they do it right, I will buy each and every one for sure! Lets see...

Wrex
Thane
Garrus
Mordin
Tali
Legion
Grunt
Saren
Joker
etc, would be awesome!

I have been wanting someone to pick up this license forever, same with Fallout 3, Beyond Good and Evil, and No More Heroes. I just hope they don't start with Commander Shepard, which I am sure they will. It's just I don't think he will sell as well. So many people have their own Shepard, male, female, customized, I don't see it being hot, and they might judge the strength of the line off that...and it would just be bad I think. Start with an alien like Wrex, or Garrus, or Tali imho.

Cool. Haven't playe Mass Effect but sounds interesting nontheless. I wish SS (or Hot Toys) would do some Silent Hill stuff. Didn't SS hint that they were gonna do some Silent Hill stuff about a year ago? How cool would a PF Pyramid Head be.

Cool. Haven't playe Mass Effect but sounds interesting nontheless. I wish SS (or Hot Toys) would do some Silent Hill stuff. Didn't SS hint that they were gonna do some Silent Hill stuff about a year ago? How cool would a PF Pyramid Head be.

they said they had a soft spot for the character design, and then they actually had one my questions up there once, where I asked if there was an update on whether or not SH was in their plans. sadly they said "not at the moment but feel free to ask again later" :lol

I wish SOME company would do some silent hill stuff, there's very little out there. I have one custom pyramid head figure I got years ago. (it rocks) but that's it.

I'm in for some Mass Effect. I'd like Saren and Legion mostly

Last edited:
The problem with SH as a potential license for collectibles is the lack of a consistent hero character. It's cool that there's a few well-liked and memorable monsters to turn into a toy or statue, but I'd argue that none of the heroes are really that interesting, design-wise. Not to mention they also change from game to game. Which one would a collectibles company decide upon?

The problem with SH as a potential license for collectibles is the lack of a consistent hero character. It's cool that there's a few well-liked and memorable monsters to turn into a toy or statue, but I'd argue that none of the heroes are really that interesting, design-wise. Not to mention they also change from game to game. Which one would a collectibles company decide upon?

well for some of the games the monsters are just projections of the hero so there's that :wink1:. but seriously, I think a Silent Hill license could exist solely on the Creatures, would I buy the hero characters? yes, absolutely but I doubt very many would, so I'd be fine with just the creatures, as they have this sort of... ugly/beautiful quality to them that display very nicely on their own., It's definitely a niche property which is why I think not many companies have delved into it.

as for which game to derive from. They'd probably go with the game most people revere as the best entry in the series, Silent Hill 2. They could make PH and the nurses from that, be done with it and I'd be just dandy. For now though, I'm pretty satisfied with my little 7" custom PH but the desire for more still hangs out in my brain.

and to stay on topic. I think the Mass Effect stuff will prob be 1/5th scale maquettes like the mythical God of War is supposed to be.

Mass effect is a terrible game.

Simply because it makes you compare everything else to it and say "this game would be a lot better if it was more like mass effect".

In other words, I imagine a sideshow mass effect line of any type to sell very very well.

Back