Sideshow Rhino Comiquette - Link to Regular in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rhino Comiquette - ON SALE NOW - use link in first post!

^^^

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to make this diorama work with all the Spidey villains. I'm thinking of having a custom case made, but either way I'm going to find a way to make it work. That half the funny these days, is finding that perfect display....

Hobgoblin%20%26%20Symbi%27%20Army-M.jpg

The way you placed Hobgolin makes him look like 1/4 scale. Good work!

Yes. One of the nicest display for sure. The acryllic is crystal clear, amazing

have you seen the Ikea Pax system that gaga converted.. looks great imo, seriously thinking of going that route.

newpax1.jpg

newpax2.jpg

That is freakin' nice bro, great job. :clap

Believe it or not I've never been to an Ikea before. I think I might have to check one out and see what creative stuff I can do for my own collection.

That is freakin' nice bro, great job. :clap

Believe it or not I've never been to an Ikea before. I think I might have to check one out and see what creative stuff I can do for my own collection.

the only thing I'd like to do different would be to get glass shelves......but sadly 1/4" tempered glass will cost more than the displays do.:monkey2

have you seen the Ikea Pax system that gaga converted.. looks great imo, seriously thinking of going that route.

newpax1.jpg

newpax2.jpg

iv never been to ikea either, im going to take a trip there soon to get some display cabinets.

i really think this looks awesome, do they come like this or is this a custom setup ?

iv never been to ikea either, im going to take a trip there soon to get some display cabinets.

i really think this looks awesome, do they come like this or is this a custom setup ?

They come wi everything except the Acrylic transparent doores.... Fr some reason Ikea only overs frosted glass in their Pax. So you have to take the doors apart and then replace the frosted glass with the transparent acrylic. Here's the thread it was talked about. There are a few examples throuout the thread

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113791&page=9

the only thing I'd like to do different would be to get glass shelves......but sadly 1/4" tempered glass will cost more than the displays do.:monkey2

dont do it, especially for the 39" shelves. You can easily set up 6 PFs on 1 shelf, that's ~80 lbs of weight. Tempered or not, i will not be able to sleep at night using glass shelves especially with no support in the middle and they are not very thick glasses.

It's also more expensive as you mentioned, just go with wood shelves..

dont do it, especially for the 39" shelves. You can easily set up 6 PFs on 1 shelf, that's ~80 lbs of weight. Tempered or not, i will not be able to sleep at night using glass shelves especially with no support in the middle and they are not very thick glasses.

But what about 3/4" or thicker glass shelves?
For my custom display I'm going to have two sections of about 35" width and I was going to do glass shelves since the display will reach the ceiling.

For my custom display I'm going to have two sections of about 35" width and I was going to do glass shelves since the display will reach the ceiling.

A lot of it depends on if there is support in the middle, if only on either side then it is risky, also thickness plays a large part, there is a formula just google it. However keep in mind if you make the glass thick the shelf itself will be very very heavy, so you have to make sure the cabinet and shelf holder can support those weight. A couple of those heavy shelves on some cheap pressed particle board frame is another disaster waiting to happen. And it goes without saying the glass must be tempered.

If you really want the glass look, go with 1" thick acrylic panels with a support in the middle so it doesnt sag with weight on it.

You can absolutely use shelves that big,as long as they are 3/4 tempered glass. I have 39" X 14" x 3/4' tempered glass shelves and they hold 3 PF with plenty of space, and i'm not a bit worried about them breaking....

a2q2jo.jpg

As you can see i did use extra support on them but no middle support.It makes for a cleaner look.

:slap:slap 1/4" oops, yeah i meant at least 1/2 to 3/4" and i was also going to use clear acrylic support rods in the middle of the shelves as well.

You can absolutely use shelves that big,as long as they are 3/4 tempered glass. I have 39" X 14" x 3/4' tempered glass shelves and they hold 3 PF with plenty of space, and i'm not a bit worried about them breaking....

a2q2jo.jpg

As you can see i did use extra support on them but no middle support.It makes for a cleaner look.

yeah i read a chart somewhere that either 1/2" or 3/4 tempered glass over 4ft. has a strength of up to 200lbs. i think it was 3/4" and 1/2" was aroung 140.....and that's wieght placed directly in the center, so with the pieces obviously placed over the whole surface it should be fine.

a2q2jo.jpg

That looks like a real nice set up to. Very clean. :clap

I don't want to go :offtopic: too much so maybe we could take this discussion somewhere else to discuss further?

I understand glass shelves can be scary but I'm sure a lot of people use them without issues. The thing is my ceilings are high and if I use wood shelves I'd barely be able to see the statues on the top shelf.

I have nothing against Acrylic since my main reason is i'd like transparency.

get back to thread............ RhinO Comi Ex

Back