Smaug the Golden - Faux Bronze - NOW AVAILABLE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cons...

- I don't really do the faux bronze stuff
- I don't really do anything other than premium format anymore.

Fritz-top . . .how can you not order this piece? Order it now, and let it percolate in your mind. For that matter, have AngmarKing buy it for you!

As for Premium format . . .erm, how big do you think a Premium Format 1/4 scale Smaug will be? This will sit nicely in scale with the other SS/W monsters, namely Daddy Rog, Watcher, Shelob, and Fell Beast.

Hi Anubis

Just answering a few questions ;

Weta only takes payment when the item is in stock and we are ready to ship. If you cancel before your item is in stock, there are no cancellation fees. We will keep you updated on the timing of shipping in our free e-mail newsletters. You can sign up for them here : https://www.wetanz.com/insideweta/newsletter

This license does not include Silmarillion artwork

Cheers

Tim

Okay, thanks Tim. Thats a shame about the Silmarillion, but i suppose there's more than enough pieces to be done from the Hobbit and LOTR anyway. No worries. :)

Well I was considering canceling the Dagger Comiquette. I know this is a lot more expensive, but I think a much finer piece. Ordered!!!

Not sure if ppl have noticed, but the order page has been updated in the past 24 hours. It now states that this is a Weta website exclusive.

PS. I don't want a name plate on it either. If someone doesn't know what it is, then they don't really matter :p

You know, I must say that I like the way Weta anounces the edition size from the start.

To me, it just seems more "honest".

Feel free to comment......

I've always preferred up front ES's over the TBD one's SS seems to favour. What I dislike even more than TBD's however is when set, established ES's are raised after pre-orders have begun [Weta Kong vs V-Rex statue] or after the item has sold out [SSW Berserker had it's ES doubled two days after it was sold out]. There's nothing honest about that.....:(

thanks! wow, that's pretty massive. i cant imagine how heavy the bronze one will weigh...

I won't be surprised if the real bronze one would need two ppl lift it. I have no doubt that this one will give all of us a bit of a work out, hence the postage cost's. Thank god Weta will be shipping from their US, UK and NZ warehouses, just imagine how much it would cost for shipping from NZ to the US.

I won't be surprised if the real bronze one would need two ppl lift it. I have no doubt that this one will give all of us a bit of a work out, hence the postage cost's. Thank god Weta will be shipping from their US, UK and NZ warehouses, just imagine how much it would cost for shipping from NZ to the US.

Shipping on the bronze is 200 dollars, if this helps give a sense of the weight.

I've always preferred up front ES's over the TBD one's SS seems to favour. What I dislike even more than TBD's however is when set, established ES's are raised after pre-orders have begun [Weta Kong vs V-Rex statue] or after the item has sold out [SSW Berserker had it's ES doubled two days after it was sold out]. There's nothing honest about that.....:(

True!! Not a damn thing honest about it......

But I came late to the game for SS/W LOTR, so I cant comment.

Just PO'd my FB Smaug
Can't believe this hasn't sold out yet
This piece will :rock

You're surprised that a statue selling for $130 more than an equivalently sized SS statue, isn't in full colour, and not based on any movie hasn't sold out yet? :confused:

You're surprised that a statue selling for $130 more than an equivalently sized SS statue, isn't in full colour, and not based on any movie hasn't sold out yet? :confused:

Sod Sideshow prices!! This is Weta Woodsy, they don't have to charge the same amount as Sideshow if they think they can get more for it, and they can. I'd also be bold enough to suggest this has alot more going for it than an overblown diorama.
Something doesn't have to be in colour to make it good art. They said the reason they went for FB is because alot of detail can be lost when it goes to colour, and i think weve seen that for ourselves in a few pieces.
Also, why does it have to be based on the movies? LOTR is more than just a film, and John Howe has been a Tolkien illustrator long before PJ even dreamt of making the films. The very fact that he's been working on these pieces with Weta makes them much more desirable. maybe SS could also push up their prices of their faux bronze pieces if they had Alan Lee or PJ working on the designs?

Sod Sideshow prices!! This is Weta Woodsy, they don't have to charge the same amount as Sideshow if they think they can get more for it, and they can. I'd also be bold enough to suggest this has alot more going for it than an overblown diorama.
Something doesn't have to be in colour to make it good art. They said the reason they went for FB is because alot of detail can be lost when it goes to colour, and i think weve seen that for ourselves in a few pieces.
Also, why does it have to be based on the movies? LOTR is more than just a film, and John Howe has been a Tolkien illustrator long before PJ even dreamt of making the films. The very fact that he's been working on these pieces with Weta makes them much more desirable. maybe SS could also push up their prices of their faux bronze pieces if they had Alan Lee or PJ working on the designs?

Thanks FrodoEyes
I think the FB Smaug has the potential to be a new "Daddy Rog" slow seller at first, but once it starts shipping....

Thanks FrodoEyes
I think the FB Smaug has the potential to be a new "Daddy Rog" slow seller at first, but once it starts shipping....

I'll put my money on Weta's Hobbit version. That one has grail potential, this one, not so much......

Last edited:
Back