Snake Eyes Pre-order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally agree. The people with this mind set typically came into the 1:6 hobby via Hasbro and the 3 3/4 line... I never collected that stuff so I never had those expectations. But the people who did seem to feel entitled to the best product possible at the cheapest price.

So you're saying that people coming from Hasbro expect the best for cheap because they received that from Hasbro?

Does not compute.

Hasbro by all accounts sucks, so if someone was willing to buy Hasbro, how do you figure they now expect "best product at the cheapest price"?

Hasbro spoiled us all! :lol :rotfl

I guess I just disagree. If Hasbro=Chevy and SSC=Ashton Martin, I believe most people complaining because they want something in between. Lets say Volkswagon.:dunno.

Also, I don't agree that most people want something for nothing. I think thats the straw argument. People just want something in the range they can afford.

No, not from what I've read. This one buddy of mine said he didn't even like paying the prices SS charged when they first got the SW line. That was $50 and I've seen COUNTLESS people say the same thing. They think what any of these companies are charging for 1:6th figures is too much. There is no way you can argue that its anything less than something 4 nothing or Chevy 4 Aston Martin.

No, not from what I've read. This one buddy of mine said he didn't even like paying the prices SS charged when they first got the SW line. That was $50 and I've seen COUNTLESS people say the same thing. They think what any of these companies are charging for 1:6th figures is too much. There is no way you can argue that its anything less than something 4 nothing or Chevy 4 Aston Martin.

What about a smart car? :monkey1

So you would force your buddy and "countless" people to buy at SSC prices because you're fine with it?

Sounds like people don't believe in $50 toys, which is certainly their right, is it not? No where in the above paragraph does it indicate that your friend or countless people expect the $50 quality at $20. It just indicates to me that $50 is too much for anything.

Again, I have to draw on experience. I was one that didn't like the change to $50 SSC, because I was happy with $20 Hasbro at the time.

I wasn't so silly to say SSC needed to do SSC quality at Hasbro prices. I simply wanted to stay at Hasbro quality.

I will admit I was wrong about my personal taste and am glad the switch happened. (I am able to afford them after all). But certainly if I got priced out like some are worried about, I'd be pissed too. Are people supposed to celebrate that they no longer can enjoy something. If you get priced out of something you enjoyed would you be "que sera, sera"? Anyone who would be "whatever" about losing something they liked has a rather shallow passion for it.

Last edited:
What about a smart car? :monkey1

I'm all about saving money fuel wise. :lol

So you would force your buddy and "countless" people to buy at SSC prices because you're fine with it?

These are the prices so you either pay it or don't. Not gripe cause they aren't charging Hasbro prices. Which is what I think many are expecting.

These are the prices so you either pay it or don't. Not gripe cause they aren't charging Hasbro prices. Which is what I think many are expecting.

As I said, if you don't gripe about something you like when you no longer have access to it, then you weren't passionate about it to begin with. I can't imagine you walking away quietly if you no longer could afford it.

IMHO, it's only now that Sideshow has truly started making "high-end" figures... and the prices reflect that. Previously, they did offer the "middle ground" figures, and they were $40-$60 each.

If a significant amount of people voice themselves with their voice and their wallet then SSC gets an impression of what they want.

That is pretty much it. Doesn't matter what any of us say on this board or any other board. Sales are what determines if the line succeeds or fails. And Ex Snake Eyes selling out in 24 hours at $120 looks promising. Though we have yet to see what the edition size was.

Sideshow has been allowed to use Lucasfilm film images for the packaging of their SW figures and New Line film images for their LOTR boxes. I wonder if that means that they possibly have access to original Hasbro card art for their GI Joe licensing deal. We can hope!

As I said, if you don't gripe about something you like when you no longer have access to it, then you weren't passionate about it to begin with. I can't imagine you walking away quietly if you no longer could afford it.

Oh I'd say something that you can count on. :lol

IMHO, it's only now that Sideshow has truly started making "high-end" figures... and the prices reflect that. Previously, they did offer the "middle ground" figures, and they were $40-$60 each.

I'd consider what SS was making before High End for 1:6th figures. I've been buying SSW Statues that where $150+ so these where cheap to me. Now, its just like home. :lol

My most-wanted:

DESTRO.

:rock

Yeah, but I wouldn't mind seeing CC next.

It's funny, I was looking at the 25th Annivesary thread, and the very first post in it is:

If Hasbro's license for GI JOE ever fell into the hands of SideShow would you be interested in a 1:6 line? I have Hasbro's 1:6 original Hooded Commander and mail Away Cobra Soldier, but in no way do they compare to the quality that SideShow can offer. Here are a few of my pictures of my 25th anniversary collection. I think that this could be a cool line for SideShow in another year or so.

And that was almost a year ago. My how opinions change.

It's funny, I was looking at the 25th Annivesary thread, and the very first post in it is:

And that was almost a year ago. My how opinions change.

Without knowing who said it, how can we know if opinion's changed?

I mean there are a lot of people with lots of different opinions. Comparing one post from someone a year ago to a post by someone else today and saying that feelings changed is as silly as polling one person and expounded it as the feelings of the whole board.

As long as it's not the movie Destro it would be very cool. That movie's turning out to look like a real stinker. TERRIBLE costumes except for Snake Eyes.

Christopher Eccleston as Destro is probably going to be the ONLY good thing about the movie, so if its the movie version, thats A-OK with me.

Back