Sovereign Studio Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTM438

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi, I figured that this was the best place to put this. I was just wondering that if anyone had the Sovereign Studio Jack Sparrow figure that they could post some pictures or reveiws of it. If you cant already tell, I am thinking about buying one. Also I am trying to figure out how much it costs. (on account of Shawn never answered my email) Well, thanks.

Hey There,

I believe there is a Soverign Jack Sparrow up for sale on E-bay right now.

Jack Sparrow Auction
The buy it now price is typically what Shawn sells his customs for. He gets busy so he can often be hard to react. I have two of his batman figures, a joker, and an Indy so I'm a big fan but it can often take time. The batman figures took a whole summer to get done. He got them done though and did a great job. If you are patient, dealing with him is worth the wait.

I don't have the figure so I can't really give you any input. Good luck, though. I'm sure the person selling it could post more pics.

Last edited:
I have his Indy which he even signed for me on the inside of the jacket. Very special piece to me. Love his work, although the new indy head isnt as good.

Is the costumiser a member of this board?! I would love to see more photos of his Jack!

AZN_Collector said:
Is the costumiser a member of this board?! I would love to see more photos of his Jack!

I know there are more pics on his site..........thanks creech

Last edited:
Murderofcrows71 you might want to delete that link. ANZ_Collector is a verified thief and scammer, banned from the board. He also posed as melvinpelayo. Don't lead him to Shawns site. I wouldn't answer him directly. Your decision.

Last edited:
Creech, Yeah I deleted the link, all this time on here and I had never read the thread about the scammer. Guess I'll have to pay more attention

Murderofcrows71 said:
Creech, Yeah I deleted the link, all this time on here and I had never read the thread about the scammer. Guess I'll have to pay more attention

Neither had I!:confused:

Awesome figure from Sovereign!
SStudio_Sparrow_002.jpg

SStudio_Sparrow_003.jpg

SStudio_Sparrow_005.jpg

SStudio_Sparrow_004.jpg

SStudio_Sparrow_007.jpg

:monkey3

Xeno, when did u get those pics of Shawn's Jack? that must be one of his newest, because i have 2 of his Jacks and niether have those complete foam boots. 1st one i got had full resin boots w/ that exact headsculpt. the 2nd i got had foam boot tops w/ resin bottoms, and a different, fatter head. looks like he improved the hat and coat too (thanks to all the reference pics i sent him) and has added more pleats to the back of the coat. he improved the coat on my 2nd one but since i bought that fig already completed, he wasn't able to add all the pleats to the coat.

anyway, that's definitely his best Jack yet. went back to using the best head sculpt, fixed the coat, and made the boots all pliable, tho i wish he'd use pleather rather than that craft foam. that foam is just too thick to make good boots. i know he doesn't like to use premade stuff but if he took those Newline Miniature brown officer boots and added pleather to the top it would be great.
so when did u get this one Xeno?

Last edited:
Apparently his Jack now has removable REAL boots, and he has gone back to using his original hat pattern, because it was closer to the original and fits better.

oh i LOVE that he's changed from resin boots to fully removable ones. i'm just saying that the craft foam makes them to thick. compare these pics.

SStudio_Sparrow_002.jpg

SStudio_Sparrow_003.jpg

to these.

bzs.sized.jpg

he used premade black pleather German boots (u can tell from the silver tabs on the heels) and added the boot tops.

bytsizeduh1.jpg

and here i'd say he used the Newline boots w/ added tops.
i'm glad he's making the boots removable. just think they'd be done better w/ pleather than foam. pleather would also hold wrinkles much better than the foam. it's almost impossible to get wrinkles to stay in that foam.

Mookeylama said:
Xeno, when did u get those pics of Shawn's Jack? that must be one of his newest, because i have 2 of his Jacks and niether have those complete foam boots. 1st one i got had full resin boots w/ that exact headsculpt. the 2nd i got had foam boot tops w/ resin bottoms, and a different, fatter head. looks like he improved the hat and coat too (thanks to all the reference pics i sent him) and has added more pleats to the back of the coat. he improved the coat on my 2nd one but since i bought that fig already completed, he wasn't able to add all the pleats to the coat.

anyway, that's definitely his best Jack yet. went back to using the best head sculpt, fixed the coat, and made the boots all pliable, tho i wish he'd use pleather rather than that craft foam. that foam is just too thick to make good boots. i know he doesn't like to use premade stuff but if he took those Newline Miniature brown officer boots and added pleather to the top it would be great.
so when did u get this one Xeno?

Yes this one would be his latest Jack Sparrow custom. I have requested the old jack sparrow headsculpt for mine and also the boots are completely made out of pliable foam. Yes it may seem slightly bigger than normal plastic/resin boots but it gives the figure more articulation at the ankles.
As for the jacket it is his latest one which features greater detail and nice bottons! What i really love about it is that he always choose the BEST material for his custom figures and the amount of work he puts into them just amazing! you would seriously appreciate his hard work when you have the figure in hand! Even though i had to wait for quite sometime but the wait is truely worth it! And the thing is it arrived on my b'day which made it even better!
Heres another one he made which has Jack's tatoo...
I'll probably apply the tatoo on the one i got some time in the future
jack2.jpg

Btw that Will Turner custom (Hot Toys Orlando look alike headsculpt) on eBay now is nice but i still havent seen anyone repaints of Zizzle's original Will Turner Sculpt. Coz ive seen the prototype one with better paint job which really brought out the likeness... mass production totally ruined it.

Mookeylama said:
oh i LOVE that he's changed from resin boots to fully removable ones. i'm just saying that the craft foam makes them to thick. compare these pics.

SStudio_Sparrow_002.jpg

SStudio_Sparrow_003.jpg

to these.

bzs.sized.jpg

he used premade black pleather German boots (u can tell from the silver tabs on the heels) and added the boot tops.

bytsizeduh1.jpg

and here i'd say he used the Newline boots w/ added tops.
i'm glad he's making the boots removable. just think they'd be done better w/ pleather than foam. pleather would also hold wrinkles much better than the foam. it's almost impossible to get wrinkles to stay in that foam.
yikes!
the wil turner is amazing!

Back