1/6 SPECULATION: Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - SPOILER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It?s interesting to me that people think that the Incinerator Stormtrooper has little chance to be made. It isn?t much R&D for HT to do, it?s a paint deco and a couple accessories - feels right up their alley. The Death Watch on the other hand while basic Mandalorians, would require a little bit more tooling which is why I asked.

I have no doubts as big as this show has gotten, I don?t even think Disney was prepared for that, that HT will milk it if anything with as many re-releases and simple paint decos as they can.

I'm down for an Incinerator Stormtrooper if they make one. I don't actually own an OG Stormtrooper yet, and that one will do nicely.

Also really hoping for a Death Watch Mandalorian. It will be hard not to want multiples of that one if they don't make variations.

Also. I could have sworn the "Incinerator Stormtroopers" were called "Raze Troopers" in The Force Unleashed, but I see now that was never a thing. Not sure where I got that from. Sounds kinda cool though IMO. I know TFU is no longer "canon" but I'm glad they kept the design.

Ditto. That scene was friggin' epic:clap. Plus will pop on the shelf.

It?s interesting to me that people think that the Incinerator Stormtrooper has little chance to be made. It isn?t much R&D for HT to do, it?s a paint deco and a couple accessories - feels right up their alley. The Death Watch on the other hand while basic Mandalorians, would require a little bit more tooling which is why I asked.

I have no doubts as big as this show has gotten, I don?t even think Disney was prepared for that, that HT will milk it if anything with as many re-releases and simple paint decos as they can.

I think it was less people don't think it will be made and more it's not really that desirable a figure to collectors if given a choice between it and an alternative from the show.

Yep. I'm on that boat. I'd rather have something new(ish) rather than yet another Stormtrooper repaint. Feeling a bit of armored/faceless troopers fatigue myself. If we're not getting one of the main players from the show (Dune, Carga, Gideon...), at least, i hope they consider something more original like a Scout or Tusken.

Not even a tease of the asset. At this point, we won?t be getting any child for at least two years, when season three is running. That?s the frustrating thing about this hobby.

other toy companies will have cleaned up by then. Hot toys is pretty slow.

Not even a tease of the asset. At this point, we won?t be getting any child for at least two years, when season three is running. That?s the frustrating thing about this hobby.

other toy companies will have cleaned up by then. Hot toys is pretty slow.

It's the problem of trying to get things up for preorder at the start of a series or prior to a movie coming out. I'd much rather them just wait and get things right. Like Thanos having an inaccurate gauntlet. I don't mind at all the wait they took to get Endgame Thor right since it doesn't seem they were aware of that before the movie came out.

I get what you're saying.

Still, I liked those long-gone days when products related to a TV show or movie came out around the same time as the movie - sometimes even BEFORE it came out! It wasn't so big a deal, it was just fun.

Quite a shift when now it's literally YEARS LATER products show up, and everyone has to critique them to death.

Hollywood takes itself way too seriously, with all of its top secret sets, etc. We're talking movies, shows and toys, not intercontinental ballistic missiles - you'd think the nuclear codes were at stake the way the press and everybody acts about it. And collectors take their own opinions too seriously, they're MAN-DOLLIES. And I want mine now - WAH WAH WAH!!! :rotfl

Kidding, I can wait, it just irritates me to have to pay out money to reserve something that won't be finished for a year - and it's a toy. You don't get to see and hold what you're going to buy, I find that this change is disconcerting because you don't really know for sure what you're getting. It's a strikingly different business model these days though, for anyone who has the perspective of time.

I had no idea how much death troopers were going for on eBay. It’s insane! I hope they release death trooper’s again for the Mandalorian.

I think there's a chance of Beska Mando to bat lead off for S2 HT release. I actually don't mind that but I hope there are more S1 figures. Moff Gideon seems to be a S2 figure as well.

My most wanted now from Mandalorian is Death Watch.

I think there's a chance of Beska Mando to bat lead off for S2 HT release. I actually don't mind that but I hope there are more S1 figures. Moff Gideon seems to be a S2 figure as well.

My most wanted now from Mandalorian is Death Watch.

The insanity:
https://nypost.com/2020/01/17/disney-appears-to-be-cracking-down-on-baby-yoda-knockoffs/

I don't care because I already got a nice steel cutout Mythosaur skull:monkey3l but I want that v1 Mando. Beskar version, of course. But v1 for me is always gonna be associated with the beginning of epicness and like the look.

As for baby, there's gonna be so many Baby Yodas it'll be like Star Treks tribbles. Be nice if HT did a Kuiil/Baby deluxe set.:drool

Yeah but I doubt any will be available from hot toys for two years or more, will talk in season three of the series by then.

7abcc3de8125f7fc55df8cf66e261430.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come on Hot Toys, you can do better. Another easy repaint with so many other long awaited releases.

Your easy repaints pay for more complex and new molds. It works like this whether you're HT, Hasbro, or Funko. I never understand the outrage for these releases.

I get that. I suppose my frustration comes from the fact that most Star Wars releases of late are trooper variants, masked heroes or slightly retooled main characters.

Saw that incinerator stormtrooper coming from a mile away and, though its design is quite cool, i could do without another trooper for a while following FO/Sith Jet Troopers and remnant Stormtrooper.

I know that's i'd be more inclined to PO this if HT were to offer a Gideon or even a Cara Dune prior to its release. A nice companion piece next to one of the show main cast

I get that. I suppose my frustration comes from the fact that most Star Wars releases of late are trooper variants, masked heroes or slightly retooled main characters.

Saw that incinerator stormtrooper coming from a mile away and, though its design is quite cool, i could do without another trooper for a while following FO/Sith Jet Troopers and remnant Stormtrooper.

I know that's i'd be more inclined to PO this if HT were to offer a Gideon or even a Cara Dune prior to its release. A nice companion piece next to one of the show main cast

Gideon is likely a S2 release if he happens. It's better for collectors probably, more accessories.

Back