SS Kanamit into Chewie and Darth--- HELP!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I really think that the 14" SS body will be interesting to use. Once I get the two Kanamits that I've got coming I'll be able to play around with things. I think I'll be getting my raw materials for Chewie before the Darth Vader stuff arrives so I'll probably have a go with that one.

I just posted my Jaws 14" as a referral--- not that I'd ever cut that one up. My favorite (as is shown with the signed picture of him going over the falls and his signed autobiography)--- more from The Spy Who Loved Me than the weepier Moonraker.

Wait a second---- you hate the fact that you never got the JAWS or you hate the actual figure?

katkuru said:
I believe its this one:
daf9_1.jpg

That's actually a pic of the 1/4 scale Screamin Vader.

ALWAYS use kaiyodo/screamin GENUINE model kits , forget the recasts they are useless.

indeed!

The details are lost with the recasts, the quality is poor & the size is lost. Definitely avoid the recasts.

die said:
That's actually a pic of the 1/4 scale Screamin Vader.

indeed!

The details are lost with the recasts, the quality is poor & the size is lost. Definitely avoid the recasts.

Yes. I bought a recast from overseas and although it was very detailed, it was not in the right scale, I couldn't really do much with the mask/helmet, but I was able to use the armor. It was just the whole mask/ helmet thing that was small. I actually won a Screamin Original kit on Ebay for $27! but have yet to receive it :(. I know that it sounds too good to be true and it probably is. I'll see what happens.

I don't know if you're familiar with the vinyl kit issued by ERTL a few years back , although not marvelous it features an excellent headsculpt which is spot on in scale and well detailed . It can also be picked up on ebay for a reasonable price .

thundergod said:
I don't know if you're familiar with the vinyl kit issued by ERTL a few years back , although not marvelous it features an excellent headsculpt which is spot on in scale and well detailed . It can also be picked up on ebay for a reasonable price .

What exactly is ERTL?

Figuremaster Les said:
AHH! Sorry Neil. :lol
I hate that I never got the Jaws figure. That I let it slip by. :banghead

I saw one on E-bay for Buy it now at (I think) $55... They're still floating around if you wanted to pick one up. He's worth it--- He looks great posed behind any of the Moores.

Darthrazz said:
Yes. I bought a recast from overseas and although it was very detailed, it was not in the right scale, I couldn't really do much with the mask/helmet, but I was able to use the armor. It was just the whole mask/ helmet thing that was small. I actually won a Screamin Original kit on Ebay for $27! but have yet to receive it :(. I know that it sounds too good to be true and it probably is. I'll see what happens.

Yes! The Screamin/Kaiyodo is original!

ERTL is the company that bought AMT and MPC and therefore has most of the American Trek and Wars plastic kit licenses, though they also did a few vinyl figure kits as well. While not great, they could be bashed for parts. Avoid the recasts; aside from supporting what are essentially pirates, they are usually quite a bit smaller than the original kits. As an example, I've seen a recast of the Kaiyodo Vader that is a full inch shorter than the original kit; the helmet is also somewhat distorted. The guy who bought it was not pleased...
I have molds for a Vader reveal mask set, if you are interested. Here's a couple of pictures...
PICT0067.jpg

PICT0057.jpg

Let me know if you're interested...PS

Last edited:
Darthrazz said:
Yes! The Screamin/Kaiyodo is original!

Please continue to post pics on this thread--- let's use our combined might like the oh so mighty power twins to get our twin power to activate and turn us into a 14" Vader.... That didn't sound right:rotfl

Post pics of your kit and anything you do with it--- let's share ideas on these resources and any tips that can help us (and anyone else who pops by) to try and construct the best possible Vader (within their own ability of course-- if mine has black armour I'll be happy:D )

Glad you got the one you hoped for.

Darthrazz said:
you might be luck, ive paid less than that for some and up to $150 for some.....
for best results on the screamin kits i recommend an acrylic based black primer then tamiya acrylics (preferably sprayed)then tamiya clear for a nice shiny finish,heres two ive made, the very very first, and the last one finished,i think ive made about 30 odd now
marmitvader6.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCF0091-2.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
DarthNeil said:
Please continue to post pics on this thread--- let's use our combined might like the oh so mighty power twins to get our twin power to activate and turn us into a 14" Vader.... That didn't sound right:rotfl

Post pics of your kit and anything you do with it--- let's share ideas on these resources and any tips that can help us (and anyone else who pops by) to try and construct the best possible Vader (within their own ability of course-- if mine has black armour I'll be happy:D )

Glad you got the one you hoped for.

Thanks! Agreed, I'll post my progress and I'll put up some pics as well. Let's bounce around some ideas and work together.

happy to help here too......:D
.actually got Two on the bench right now, one all singing n dancing light up job and another 'non electronic one' should i post progress shots?

hurricane said:
.actually got Two on the bench right now, one all singing n dancing light up job and another 'non electronic one' should i post progress shots?

Please Do!

hurricane said:

That'd be awesome Hurricane--- we bow at the feet of the master...

"What is your bidding, my master?":vader

I missed out on an auction for a original Screamin Vader not too long ago, I was kicking myself afterwards. When I refreshed the page, it said "7 seconds left", I typed in my bid as fast as I could & then the page locked up. :vader :computer

it ended for $17.00

words can't describe how much that sucked.

ERTL is the company that bought AMT and MPC and therefore has most of the American Trek and Wars plastic kit licenses, though they also did a few vinyl figure kits as well. While not great, they could be bashed for parts. Avoid the recasts; aside from supporting what are essentially pirates, they are usually quite a bit smaller than the original kits. As an example, I've seen a recast of the Kaiyodo Vader that is a full inch shorter than the original kit; the helmet is also somewhat distorted. The guy who bought it was not pleased...
I have molds for a Vader reveal mask set, if you are interested. Here's a couple of pictures...

Hey wax! I won one of the AMT ERTL vaders on ebay recently, still waiting for it to arrive. How does it compare to the Screamin kit? I'd also like to know more about your reveal helmet!

I have Both the ERTL and the Screamin. I'll try to post Comparison pics tonight when I get home from work. The cool thing about the ERTL is that the helmet is made out of plastic , not vinyl, so it's in the correct shape and not warped. The Ertl kit is a nice looking kit as well. It's 1/6 but it looks big!

So is this kit that I've got coming in going to be useless? At least for the helmet?

(wax murderer--- I'd also like to know more)

Back