Star Trek Figures -- Playmates, Diamond Select, Etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Diamond Select Enterprise B just came in, was originally delayed Friday because of the snow storm and i had no idea Canada Post deliver on weekends.

This box is half the size of the BOP box haha, ship looks so nice and the paint looks nice on mine, the added impulse engines have no gaps like some people have reported, i will have pics up later today of both Ent B and the Klingon BOP.

Yeah I saw pictures of the new Enterprise model kit, and I'd be interested putting one together as well. Just that I see these kits and know how cool they'd look converted to a light up set and feel I might waste the opportunity by building the model straight without lights because I have no experience converting a model to light up.
I've been thinking of buying a cheap ST model (Ent. C) and trying my hand at lighting it before I'd move up to the larger sets. It just seems like a daunting task.
Looking forward to pics of the BOP and Ent. B Valfar!

News from Toyfair:
Mattel just unveiled some of their new Hot Wheels ships, They're finally doing a Kelvin!!!
:yess:
These are from Cool Toy Review:
2013internationaltoyfai.jpg

2013internationaltoyfai.jpg

Here's more info, another new ship is the Excelsior and a re-release of the Narada:
https://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=336&itemid=19962
IMG_1740__scaled_800.jpg

I hope they also do the other ships seen briefly in the 2009 ST, I'd love to see the USS Newton, USS Mayflower, and USS Armstrong in this scale.

Last edited:
Anyone else bummed that there don't seem to be any figures coming for Into Darkness?

I had high hopes with Hasbro getting the license, but they only seem interested in doing KRE-Os (if Toy Fair is any indication).

It's disappointing, I'd likely buy some 6" figures, though I prefer someone does high quality 1:6 scale figures over any other size.

I just found out the other day about some new fully painted and complete Star Trek starship models that will be out in the UK as a Part Work magazine type release from a company called Eaglemoss.
This is the first time I've heard of a Part Work Magazine; for those that don't know what this is, it's a magazine that comes out at newsstands either every month, season, or sometimes every week that comes with a part that you collect to build a model. These new Star Trek part work magazine ships don't come in pieces, they'll come as complete painted ships with a magazine for the reg. price of about $15 US.
There was also a subscription service which had a discount that started out with a free future Ent. D from "All Good Things" And Free Borg Cube and the next few releases came in a steadily increasing price until you pay the reg. price of $15 US (I think it was after 3 releases).
startrektheofficialstar.jpg

gallery_7605_106_147742.jpg

Unfortunately for us here in the States, these are not available and are limited to the UK and Ireland (I believe this is because Mattel is sitting on the North American exclusive license for non-model ST spaceships)
Eaglemoss has a fairly ambitious vision for their line, they plan on releasing 70 starships!
Here's the planned list:
ISSUES
1 Enterprise-D
2 Enterprise refit
3 KBoP
4 Enterprise NX-01
5 Romulan Warbird (D'deridex)
6 Voyager
7 K'Tinga
8 Excelsior
9 Defiant (DS9)
10 Borg Sphere
11 Miranda
12 Ferengi Marauder
13 Akira
14 V'orcha
15 Prometheus
16 Valdore
17 Equinox
18 Bajoran Solar Sailer
19 Enterprise-E
20 Xindi Insectoid ship
21 Raptor
22 Jem'Hadar Fighter
23 Nebula
24 Surak
25 Delta Flyer
26 Breen warship
27 Krennim Temporal Weapons ship
28 Enterprise-C
29 Galor
30 Stargazer
31 Borg Queen's ship
32 Dominion Battlecruiser
33 Maquis Fighter
34 RBoP
35 Hirogen Hunter
36 T'plana Hath
37 Proto KBoP
38 Enterprise-J
39 Son'a Command ship
40 Runabout
41 Klingon D-5
42 Romulan Drone
43 Enterprise-B
44 Dominion warship
45 Malon Freighter
46 Starfleet Scout Ship (Insurrection)
47 Scimitar
48 Relativity
49 Tholian ship (Enterprise)
50 Goroth's Klingon Ship
51 Kelvin
52 Son'a Collector Ship
53 Xindi Reptilian ship
54 Oberth
55 Suliban Cell Ship
56 The Phoenix
57 Fesarius (glowing pearls)
58 Steamrunner
59 Xindi Aquatic Cruiser
60 Vulcan Warp Shuttle
61 Saber
62 Hideki
63 Enterprise-A
64 RBoP (2150's)
65 Dauntless
66 Holoship
67 Scorpion Fighter
68 Norway
69 Enterprise (TOS)
70 Species 8472 Bioship

NO NUMBERS
Borg Probe
Enterprise-E Captain's Yacht
Borg Cube
Galileo Shuttle

SPECIALS
Deep Space Nine
JJ-Prise
Space Stations (?)

Here's a link to their website:
https://www.startrek-starships.com/index.html
And here's their Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekStarships
These were planned to start releasing this month, but due to the factory closing down they're put on hold for now.
Really pisses me off that we can't get these over here. I'd love to get quite a few ships on that list, especially the Akira. :mad:

Last edited:
I've been ALL OVER that part work since they started testing it in the UK last year. They are trying to figure out a way to bring the subscriptions to the US and if they do, I'm getting one. I want them ALL! I've always dreamed of a really robust line like that, and I love the size of them.

I'm surprised more knew about these then I had thought. :lol

Yeah a lot of ships, but some of my favorites are sorely missing from that list.
I'd trade the Fesarius, Scorpion fighter, Holoship, any Xindi or Suliban ship for a Andorian Battle Cruiser, Cheyenne class, Niagra Class, New Orleans Class, and Centaur Class.

The ones I'd not want to miss out on are the Akira, Bajoran Lightship, Stargazer, Jem'Hadar battle cruiser, and the Enterprise J. When they're referring to the Proto BOP,I believe they're referring to the 22nd Century Klingon Bird of Prey, one I'd want as well.
The Surok, might be a type of shuttle or the Suurok Class, I don't want the shuttle but really would like to get the Suurok.
Some great stuff they're offering, I hope they bring it to the US as well.

What did the Enterprise J ever appear in??? I just googled pics of it but I never knew it existed.

edit- I suppose it might have been an idea to look up the answer to that question in google aswell - Enterprise? I never watched that show.

I almost bought two of the Eagle Moss ships on Ebay for around $10(Entprise D and BOP) but, err i couldn't bite..i still think Johnny Lightning made the best smaller scaled ships.

What did the Enterprise J ever appear in??? I just googled pics of it but I never knew it existed.

DS9 or no i think Enterprise i believe, forget what episode it was...it looks like **** anyway. XD

I've been ALL OVER that part work since they started testing it in the UK last year. They are trying to figure out a way to bring the subscriptions to the US and if they do, I'm getting one. I want them ALL! I've always dreamed of a really robust line like that, and I love the size of them.

Yeah I like the size of the individual ships, but they're all way out of scale to one another.
If you want a robust line of ships all in scale with one another, the only way to go is model kit.
You can find the Enterprise in A, Refit A, B, C, D, and E from AMT/Round Two in their Cadet series 1:2500 scale. Round Two also makes the Reliant, TOS Romulan BOP, TOS Klingon D-7, and Movie Klingon D-7 in this scale.
There's a Defiant out there by Round Two in 1:2500 scale, but it comes with the Deep Space Nine space station in 1:3300 scale.
There's also F-Toys, they made the NX Enterprise, Defiant, TOS Enterprise and refit in 1:2500. Furuta only made the Defiant in this scale.
For any of the others in 1:2500 you'd have to go the Garage Kit route. You can find almost any ship (Including the Abramsverse ships) in this scale that way for very good quality, though many of the ships are sold out at the moment and hard to find.

Speaking of model kits, this year AMT/Round Two is re-releasing the NX-01 Enterprise in 1:350, but even more interesting is that AMT/Round Two will be releasing the NX-01 Refit in 1:1000 later in 2013!
ihobby2012round580.jpg

I haven't built a Star Trek model in a little over a decade, but seeing this has rekindled that spark. I'm going to get some of the 1:2500 Cadet kits and start warming up for the Refit NX-01.

Last edited:

edit- I suppose it might have been an idea to look up the answer to that question in google aswell - Enterprise? I never watched that show.

It appeared in the background of Enterprise, but it's better glimpsed in the Star Trek Ships of the Line calender series.
Not the best looking ship, apparently it's two miles long.

Last edited:
I almost bought two of the Eagle Moss ships on Ebay for around $10(Entprise D and BOP) but, err i couldn't bite..i still think Johnny Lightning made the best smaller scaled ships.

Yeah they're good, I own all of series 1, 2, and 3 then I couldn't find them at retail. Too bad they only made a few select ships and just kept repainting the same damn things over and over, occasionally with a dumb looking weapon effect glued on, no wonder they lost the license. The new Hot Wheels Reliant and Enterprise D are really good too, and about the size of Eaglemoss ships (larger then Johnny Lightning).
And I like the Hot Wheels Klingon Bird of Prey, even if it's not the best looking model of it (too toy like).
I didn't buy any of the other ships from HW. Looking forward to picking up the NX-01 and Kelvin this year.

Last edited:
I'm not so worried they are out of scale, because when you start trying to scale the original Enterprise to the D to the J or something like that, you'd get wildly different sizes and it'd also prevent you from making smaller shuttlecraft or the Delta Flyer, all of which I want. :) So I'm okay with the scale fudging.

Collecting Star Trek ships you can't be too worried about scale, especially since the people that made the shows didn't care much about scale (Klingon Bird Of Prey, Defiant, Abrams' Enterprise). :lol

Though it is possible to get most of all of them in scale to one another for a reasonable price.
For me when it comes to Star Trek, the shuttlecraft are the least interesting, just a bunch of sleek minivans flying around.

I owned a Lumina APV for 6 years, and I'm willing to admit that part of why I got it was because it DID look like a Star Trek shuttle(it also could handle a surprising amount of cargo, up to and including a full scale Giganotosaurus skull). The things we do...PS

I owned a Lumina APV for 6 years, and I'm willing to admit that part of why I got it was because it DID look like a Star Trek shuttle(it also could handle a surprising amount of cargo, up to and including a full scale Giganotosaurus skull). The things we do...PS

:lol The cargo space is probably the reason to chose that body type for a Shuttlecraft. Well, at least I hope you didn't get the van in white with Starfleet decals. ;)

The Delta Flyer, Runabouts, and Warp Sled with Shuttle are some of the better looking Shuttlecraft imo.

Even setting aside shuttlecraft, getting an in-scale TNG Romulan Warbird or Narada, for instance, is difficult. :) Or Borg cube. :)

Back