Star Wars Fine Art Show-off Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth Loki said:
I want both his C3 and CIV prints :monkey2
CIV didnt sell out so watch SWS and also watch GGC art section Swabie is doing lots of updates and a lot of the Artists post there.

mfoga said:
CIV didnt sell out so watch SWS and also watch GGC art section Swabie is doing lots of updates and a lot of the Artists post there.

I just sent Swabie a PM as well. This is going to get real expensive, real fast isn't it? :monkey1

Darth Loki said:
I just sent Swabie a PM as well. This is going to get real expensive, real fast isn't it? :monkey1
Yes Very fast. I think I have close to $750 worth of prints at my house now. And I still have to get frames and about 5 of them require custom frames.

mfoga said:
Yes Very fast. I think I have close to $750 worth of prints at my house now. And I still have to get frames and about 5 of them require custom frames.
I hear you man, which is why I am considering selling most of my prints.

Bannister said:
I hear you man, which is why I am considering selling most of my prints.
Yeah the problem I have is the ones I really like the most require custom frames.

mfoga said:
Yeah the problem I have is the ones I really like the most require custom frames.
Yep and custom framing is insanely expensive. I bought the Shawshank prints from Sideshow and regret it since they are so big and will probably cost a small fortune to get framed.

Damn I forgot all about the prints that would be at C4 and it looks as if I missed out on some absolute gems.:monkey2

I was able to snag a Tommy Lee Edwards print off SWS.com last year and love it, here is a pic of it on my wall.

Vaderprint.jpg

Okay... here's the deal on Jerry Vanderstelt's C3 print. It sold out very quickly at C3. He raised the price during the show due to demand... but it still sold out fast. They are "long gone" and command a hefty, hefty price when they do show up on ebay or on art forums.

Jerry's C4 prints #26-#250 were $150 each. But he had a special deal going for his C4 prints #1-#25. Those were sold on a sliding scale starting at around $200 and up... with #1 being the most expensive and #25 being the least expensive.

But here's the awesome thing. For the people who bought prints #1-#25... they got an artists proof of Jerry's C3 piece for free! Considering the value on the C3 piece, it was a great deal to get any of these low numbered prints.

Jerry is a very, very nice guy. His prints are truly superior quality, and you get what you pay for. I have not heard one person ever walk away from a sale from Jerry being disappointed.

I don't know yet where his extra C4 prints are gonna show up. I know he sold very, very well at C4 and he was probably just short of a sell-out, so I doubt there are many of these even left. I highly encourage anyone who is interested in his leftover C4 prints to send him a direct message at GGC. His username there is: dutchart

Thanks Swabie, I just did that. I love both his prints but hope I can at least get the CIV one. The Rood CIV print would make a nice companion if I can't get Vanderstelt's C3 print.

mfoga said:
I framed 4 of my prints today. I went to Aaron Brothers to see what they had and got a bunch for %30 off. I spent a lil less the $50 total.:chew

DSC_7703.jpg

Where, OH WHERE did you find this one?! :monkey5 Who sells these? Gotta have one! Do you have a link?

HigHurtenflurst said:
Where, OH WHERE did you find this one?! :monkey5 Who sells these? Gotta have one! Do you have a link?
What the print or the frame? The print is Marc Wolfe's from CIV the frame is the studio frame from aaron borthers.

Collector Freak said:
Are there any prints of the Vader/Obi-Wan ANH duel?
Not that I am aware of but you could always commision something to be done.

mfoga said:
What the print or the frame? The print is Marc Wolfe's from CIV the frame is the studio frame from aaron borthers.

Sorry, actually referring to the print... From what I can see, these were very limited and only available at CIV, but do you know if there are any still available? On-line somewhere? Re-prints? Don't feel like paying double on ebay, but boy I sure would like to have this!

mfoga said:

Another one I'd love to own. Stop posting pics dammit :emperor

Back