Star Wars Fine Art Show-off Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this BB-8 Sunset Vigil AP on canvas by Vandersteldt today!

It's really big, and really gorgeous!

Extremely happy, and they matched the edition number to my Artoo. :D

Yeah I saw some of the recent controversy which was disappointing to me. None of my pieces appear to have been embroiled in any of it though.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Why? What'd he do?

He got caught copying other artists' (Rood, Sanda, more) official artwork then selling it as his original concept and design. There were slight modifications to some like flipping or adding characters. But he didn't give any credit to the original artists and he got snarly and defensive when he was called on it.

Since then I have no desire to meet or even own a piece of any art by him.

Oh wow, now that you mention it I remember seeing somebody posting before and after SW pics of a guy ripping off other artists so I'm sure it was him. What a dope.

Didn't want to start a whole new thread for it, but if anyone's interested in any Acme Archives stuff they're doing a 25% off pretty much everything sale this weekend. Just picked up 6 pieces I'd had my eye on for a while :) Pretty solid deal.

IMG_7272.jpg

Never has the saying "You don't choose art, art chooses you" hit me more than when I saw this jaw dropping Jason Palmer print at Celebration last month. I was transfixed and instantly knew that this was a piece that I absolutely had to have, and that once I had it demanded to be framed and hung at the absolute earliest opportunity. It simply would not do to pass on it or to buy it only to store it away in a tube somewhere.

I just picked it up from the frame shop today and am very happy with the result. Even though I don't love the prequels (I don't count them or TFA among my personal "canon") it doesn't matter because when I look at this art I just see my entire life represented in film, pop culture, and collectibles totally realized from 1977 when I was 3 years old until now, four decades later.

The central nucleus of the print (OT characters plus Rogue One) is my "Star Wars Mount Rushmore" but I actually really like what he did with the main PT and TFA characters on the sides. I love that my favorite character in all of fiction, Han Solo, is front and center. Young Luke is appropriately the largest character in the entire print. One thing's for sure, if you like Star Wars at all then you're bound to see something you like in this piece. The print is huge, the artwork itself is about 24 inches by by 38 inches wide, almost movie poster one sheet size, even larger with matting and frame. I hope you enjoy these pics:

Last edited:
That's nice, Khev. Can I see a close-up of the matte? I need ideas for when I start getting a couple prints framed.

That's nice, Khev. Can I see a close-up of the matte? I need ideas for when I start getting a couple prints framed.

Thanks DW and sure! I'm about to sit down to dinner with my kids but then I'll take some zoomed in pics of the matte and post them here. I went with the "dominant color" look for the matting (blue to match the bluish space backdrop) and then picked brown as the double matte inlay to coincide with the brown wood frame. Acid free backing, museum glass. It wasn't cheap.

EDIT: As requested:

Last edited:
Back