Star Wars: Frames

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hadn't really intended to buy this, but I was in Barnes & Noble today and happened to see it there on the bargain table. I had never seen it in person before -- it's pretty huge. They were asking $49.99, but with my member discount and a 20% off coupon I had been sent, it came to $35.98 plus tax. I couldn't say no to that! It's an impressive set (even if some of the choices of frames are odd). Of course I do think the original books would be more impressive simply because of their size and because they only used one frame per page. But given that the other version is about 100x more than what I paid, I think I can live with this. :)

Just like icruise stated above, I never planned on getting this. Found it today, wife bought it because I couldn't make my mind up.

I was thinking it would have had Lucas saying what he liked about each picture but I guess that was to much to ask lol. Its pretty boring after a first look. As we were skimming through it I was thinking there was no way Lucas wasted his time with this until I seen the last three pages of ROTJ.

I was thinking it would have had Lucas saying what he liked about each picture but I guess that was to much to ask lol. Its pretty boring after a first look. As we were skimming through it I was thinking there was no way Lucas wasted his time with this until I seen the last three pages of ROTJ.

What frames are on the last three pages?

I thought the same thing about George Lucas, that he should have placed a small sentence for each photo. And that was for the original crazy priced version. He did sit down and go through all those frames. It's not like he picked them out of a hat. There would be more meaning to the book if some words were there.

Thanks for the heads up on this. As others mentioned I too had not planned on getting this but we were at B&N today and with a 15% coupon I had to pick it up.

It is impressive and I am glad I picked it up. Definitely some interesting inclusions and omissions IMHO.

Saw this on clearance at B&N. Impressive packaging, but I can google search any of these items and look at them. I really don't see the point of them. If it were a big, rare photo book -then it would have been different.

Found one at a B&N for 39.99 yesterday. Man it's heavy. Haven't looked through it yet but figured for the price it's a coffee table book set.

great books - just picked it up in Canada - not quite as cheap up here.

roughly $85 CAD - with our dollar now actually that might be close to $40 US haha

great books - just picked it up in Canada - not quite as cheap up here.

roughly $85 CAD - with our dollar now actually that might be close to $40 US haha
I think your math may be off just a tad. Seeing that 1 cad is .90198 US.

Back