Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It reminds me how much I would've liked the Jedi to have this style of costume:
Funny, for all the bizarre nonsensical stuff Marvel 1977 Star Wars put out there (poor Chewie), at least they didn't imagine the past Jedi all dressed as Tatooine Hermits.
Young General Kenobi was a total badass!
8nq19c.jpg

8nq1ie.jpg

8npzlh.jpg

8nq08d.jpg

8nq0o4.jpg

Last edited:
Star Wars has become David Bowie for me. Kind of; it's not a one-to-one analogy.

I was lucky enough to see Bowie perform twice and have enormous respect for him as an artist. Yet in his lifetime he produced a massive body of work and took many risks -- most of which doesn't actually resonate with me. A glance at my Bowie playlist reveals 21 songs. One hour and forty-three minutes culled from a lifetime of work.

The bulk of his work that I don't appreciate has no bearing on what I do enjoy.

I enjoy the OT first and foremost. Appreciate Rogue One, Solo, and Andor plus some Mandalorian episodes on their own merits, and don't care about the rest. It is what it is.
Big fan of Bowie here.
I kinda like stuff throughout his entire career, from Space Oddity through Diamond Dogs to Modern Love to Heathen. The man was a true giant.

Big fan of Bowie here.
I kinda like stuff throughout his entire career, from Space Oddity through Diamond Dogs to Modern Love to Heathen. The man was a true giant.
Absolutely. I wonder if we'll see his like again.

My list is taken from Space Oddity, The Man Who Sold the World, Hunky Dory, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, Aladdin Sane, Diamond Dogs, Young Americans, "Heroes", Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps), Let's Dance, Tonight, Earthling, Blackstar.

Saw him solo and also with Nine Inch Nails when he even did a duet with Trent Reznor on 'Scary Monsters'.

(Sorry for the off-topicking)

Star Wars has become David Bowie for me. Kind of; it's not a one-to-one analogy
....have enormous respect for him as an artist. Yet in his lifetime he produced a massive body of work and took many risks -- most of which doesn't actually resonate with me.
UnIronically - https://screenrant.com/rise-skywalker-david-bowie-star-man-pilot-art/
Ziggy-Stardust-Star-Wars.jpg

Glad it wasn't in the film, as even as homage it would have marred his legacy. :lol

On the otherhand-

They only have themselves to blame. Yes somehow Grace Slick, Darth Vader and Chewbacca's son Lumpy, all exist in the same universe. Let that sink in.
grace-slick-and-darth-vader.jpg

Spellbound-Starwars-Jefferson-Starship-560x850.jpg

Last edited:
Feels weird that I’m not pumped to see the OT in cinemas on May 4th.
Imagine a world where art simply moved on. There were only three Star Wars films, never tweaked, no SE versions.

And *we* all moved on. No "lore" factories churning out "content". No nerds crying on YouTube. Everything left to the imagination and what-might-have-been instead of boardrooms and algorithms. Each action figure an artefact of times gone by.
:thud:

Imagine a world where art simply moved on. There were only three Star Wars films, never tweaked, no SE versions.

And *we* all moved on. No "lore" factories churning out "content". No nerds crying on YouTube. Everything left to the imagination and what-might-have-been instead of boardrooms and algorithms. Each action figure an artefact of times gone by.
4wYn871.gif

There is no issue with franchises continuing, the issue is the people making each new installment (or in Lucas case, the same person revising existing installments) are making poor quality trash. If wvery entry was good/great/excellent no one would tire. I mean, a great tv show can run for six 20 episode seasons and not get old so long as it is written well. Same goes for movies. Heck, after centuries we still enjoy Shakespear.

We need quality over quantity obviously yes, but if quality is maintained more quantity is good. I have eaten hundreds of steaks and burgers in my life, and look foreward to hundreds more good steaks and burgers if I am lucky to live long enough. I could watch and enjoy 200 Star Wars movies if they were all good. Problem is most Star Wars now is bad/barely passable.

Then we wouldn’t have got the best Vader scene from RO :thwak

Or Baby Yoda playing with the ship controls the cutest little thing ever lol
The best Vader scene will forever be his casual one-handed domination of Luke in Cloud City. :lecture

Baby Yoda is an animatronic shill for the Entertainment Industrial Complex that keeps us down! Wake up sheeple! :chase

The best Vader scene will forever be his casual one-handed domination of Luke in Cloud City. :lecture

Baby Yoda is an animatronic shill for the Entertainment Industrial Complex that keeps us down! Wake up sheeple! :chase
I agree 100% with the best Vader scene. It's absolute perfection. At the same time I was more than happy to shill out for Mando seasons 1 & 2 on Blu-ray 🐑

Andor was an example of very well made Star Wars, Rogue One while not perfect was good Star Wars. If all modern Star Wars was like those no one would be tired of it. Imagine a Kotor era movie with Andor level writing and RO level visuals. Disney Lucasfilm aren't the ones who will deliver such consistent quality though, they miss way more than they hit and Lucas is no better as he was already losing touch during ROTJ.

Or if Titanic barely broke even so that Cameron just went back to his wheelhouse of making R-rated sci-fi every 2-3 years. What films would we have today?

Andor was an example of very well made Star Wars, Rogue One while not perfect was good Star Wars. If all modern Star Wars was like those no one would be tired of it. Imagine a Kotor era movie with Andor level writing and RO level visuals. Disney Lucasfilm aren't the ones who will deliver such consistent quality though, they miss way more than they hit and Lucas is no better as he was already losing touch during ROTJ.
I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that the same guy made Andor and helped get RO over the line.

And I don’t think he hadn’t ever seen any Star Wars before lol

I’m a Tony Gilroy shill
Sue me

I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that the same guy made Andor and helped get RO over the line.

And I don’t think he hadn’t ever seen any Star Wars before lol

I’m a Tony Gilroy shill
Sue me
And that is the thing. Even in current year we could have consistent high quality Star Wars if only the right people were making it. Instead we had Rian Johnston, JJ Abrams, that dumb writer I forget the name of and Kathleen in charge of it all. The sequel trilogy sucked. While it looked great visually and had some decent casting/acting, the story, worldbuilding and a lot of the writing was worse than the previous low point (prequel trilogy). Sigh.

Hollywood, the place where people fail upwards through incompetence so they can gain control of the most beloved properties.

I wonder how South Korea would handle a Star Wars reboot??

Nah, They most definitely would be. Making ALL Star Wars an insomnia curing thespian drama, or some gloomy Death Star revisionist footnote is hardly the cure for this franchise 😉

Back