Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8p0jr9.gif

Are this new fem Jedi sect, from the House of La Je'dye

Shush. That's the video most Disney execs point to as their seminal moment.

I'm noticing a pattern with all these shows.

This looks so amazing I have LITERAL CHILLS running down my GOOSEFLESH from how incredibly goddam awesome and fresh this is gonna be!!

Move over Ahsoka, there's a new "best Star Wars of all time" in the house!!!!

Look at that poster. Just look at it. Drink it in. It's almost too powerful to even stare at directly. It doesn't at all look like a homemade flier for a college student's fan film. No way! Look how powerfully and correctly they're holding their lightsabers! They mean it, man!!

Girls rule. Women are better at Star Wars. Get over it.

Sith have been extinct for a millennium, really Ki-Adi-Mundi…..really?
I'm not trying to be a dick, I just don't know why so many people have a problem with that line in relation to this show. The point of Ki-Adi Mundi saying that was showing how blind the Jedi Council had become to their problems. Qui-Gon literally told them he fought a Sith on Tatooine and they came back with "no you didn't".

And, we know that Darth Bane is canon and he took the Sith underground after the Sith Empire crumbled. I'm guessing that the villain in this show either won't self-identify as a Sith, or once they're defeated the Council will just bury it.

There's definitely things to complain about but I just don't know why so many people are hung up on that one.

There's so much to love in the trailer I don't even know where to start.

When the lady quotes Zoolander and tells the Jedi to "keep pulling the sweater, eventually the whole thing will unravel" I got actual tingles in my crotchal region.

When the sassy young fallen Jedi/Sith ninja/eventual hero of the series with the hairy armpits said "It's time...to face the past" it was almost like hearing epic poetry being sug by a chorus of angels. I passed out.

Oh my god I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait

I'm not trying to be a dick, I just don't know why so many people have a problem with that line in relation to this show. The point of Ki-Adi Mundi saying that was showing how blind the Jedi Council had become to their problems. Qui-Gon literally told them he fought a Sith on Tatooine and they came back with "no you didn't".

And, we know that Darth Bane is canon and he took the Sith underground after the Sith Empire crumbled. I'm guessing that the villain in this show either won't self-identify as a Sith, or once they're defeated the Council will just bury it.

There's definitely things to complain about but I just don't know why so many people are hung up on that one.
Oh oh lol

I’m one of those SW addicts that will go out of my way to find something to enjoy out of a SW movie or series.

I’m definitely not one of those 100% hate SW if it’s from Disney that’s just ridiculous.

RO/MandoS1-S2/Andor proves that it’s ridiculous.

What is exhausting to me is that every group of characters in modern SW, even though SW IS NOT EVEN FROM EARTH, has to be forced into a message and it’s taking me out of the stories trying to be told.

The Rebels now require 1 person of every earth culture to be represented amongst its ranks.

The Empire now require 1 person of every earth culture to be represented amongst its ranks.

The Jedi now require 1 person of every earth culture to be represented amongst its ranks.

The Sith now require 1 person of every earth culture to be represented amongst its ranks.

The Padawans now require 1 person of every earth culture to be represented amongst its ranks.

The Resistance now require 1 person of every earth culture to be represented amongst its ranks.

The First Order now require 1 person of every earth culture to be represented amongst its ranks.

The Bounty Hunters now require 1 person of every earth culture to be represented amongst its ranks.

The Outer Rim worlds now require 1 person of every earth culture to be represented amongst its ranks.

The Outlaws now require 1 person of every earth culture to be represented amongst its ranks.

Literally every group has to be a multicultura event and it instantly takes me out of the story.

Instead of me focusing on the narrative of the story i’m being forced out of the story by the creators who are drawing my attention towards the narrative of their message and that’s not how you are supposed to create a great story.

You know now that I think about it the legendary Death Star Trench Run from 1977 needs to be updated with female pilots and 1 person of every culture or else I think it’s a disgusting scene full of racism and hate of anything that is not white male lol

Everyone loved the OT on their release even though the movies didn’t have every human culture squeezed into the movies because we cared about the stories being told and we were not distracted by the “hey look here we are representing hardcore” message!

Last edited:
I’m one of those SW addicts that will go out of my way to find something to enjoy out of a SW movie or series.

I’m definitely not one of those 100% hate SW if it’s from Disney that’s just ridiculous.

RO/MandoS1-S2/Andor proves that it’s ridiculous.

What is exhausting to me is that every group of characters in modern SW, even though SW IS NOT EVEN FROM EARTH, has to be forced into a message and it’s taking me out of the stories trying to be told.

The Rebels now require 1 person of every earth culture to be represented amongst its ranks.

The Empire now require 1 person of every earth culture to be represented amongst its ranks.

The Jedi now require 1 person of every earth culture to be represented amongst its ranks.

The Sith now require 1 person of every earth culture to be represented amongst its ranks.

The Padawans now require 1 person of every earth culture to be represented amongst its ranks.

The Resistance now require 1 person of every earth culture to be represented amongst its ranks.

The First Order now require 1 person of every earth culture to be represented amongst its ranks.

The Bounty Hunters now require 1 person of every earth culture to be represented amongst its ranks.

The Outer Rim worlds now require 1 person of every earth culture to be represented amongst its ranks.

The Outlaws now require 1 person of every earth culture to be represented amongst its ranks.

Literally every group has to be a multicultura event and it instantly takes me out of the story.

Instead of me focusing on the narrative of the story i’m being forced out of the story by the creators who are drawing my attention towards the narrative of their message and that’s not how you are supposed to create a great story.

You know now that I think about it the legendary Death Star Trench Run from 1977 needs to be updated with female pilots and 1 person of every culture or else I think it’s a disgusting scene full of racism and hate of anything that is not white male lol

Everyone loved the OT on their release even though the movies didn’t have every human culture squeezed into the movies because we cared about the stories being told and we were not distracted by the “hey look here we are representing hardcore” message!

Haven't seen you rant this hard for a while! The damn trailer has "triggered" you! :panic::panic::panic:

Damn you Disney, you've tipped Jye over the edge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(100% agree with all you points :duff)

Haven't seen you rant this hard for a while! The damn trailer has "triggered" you! :panic::panic::panic:

Damn you Disney, you've tipped Jye over the edge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(100% agree with all you points :duff)
And this is coming from someone who actually loves some parts of the ST especially the lightsaber fights in TROS and Kylo/Rey’s kiss lol

I’m still baffled how the ST had zero great space battles or that the OT cast didn’t reunite. :slap

Back