Steals on Ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any people buying Weta nowaday anyway...:monkey4

I personnally think that those statues, except for a couple jewels, didnt age well.

Is there any people buying Weta nowaday anyway...:monkey4

I personnally think that those statues, except for a couple jewels, didnt age well.

I can agree with that. But a couple on that list would be included on my list. The balrog and RWoS, those two are just amazing. If I had any of those, I would be selling them all right about now.

Is there any people buying Weta nowaday anyway...

There still are a few, actually. But suplly is getting shorter and shorter on the 'Bay. These have gone for way less than their actual value...

I can agree with that. But a couple on that list would be included on my list. The balrog and RWoS, those two are just amazing. If I had any of those, I would be selling them all right about now.

Why would you be selling them now, if you had them - if you think they're amazing?

*uck me!!

I am missing Moria Orc Archer (3 statues left out of 52). $200??!! *uck!! I would have passed on Cave Troll at that BIN price but everything else?

Damn you Sunfaz or whatever your name is (he scooped 'em all up)! To top it all off, I got the GtW SSW statue off this seller last week! The least of the 4 I am still missing in my collection. Compared to the others, I should have gotten that for $10 :eek: (it was $92, not too bad). I'm gonna feel sick. Thanks for posting this (NOT!)).

:monkey2:monkey4

Beren

P.S. The others I have but I would have flipped them. :monkey3

having been out of the polystone scene for a while now i cant believe the prices of these on ebay,i remember balrogs were going for a £1000+,i always thought the sideshow stuff would go up in value,ut it seems not,just glad i sold most of my collection when i did even though i still miss my ringwraith on steed,maybe if one day the hobbit gets made they might creep up again

I just logged in to post the link to the RWOS for $386, but saw this thread already started.

What do people think of this? Something just doesnt seem right.

Why would this person put all the grails up with low BIN's, then auction off the lesser statues. He has a WETA Lurtz and Aragorn up for bids. How did that person come up with those low prices? He had to have done some sort of research to come up with those numbers. He obviously didnt do his research on ebay, because that would have told him differently.

The buyer already posted positive feedback.....

I dont get it - thats a deal that seems too good to be true.

What do you guys think?

having been out of the polystone scene for a while now i cant believe the prices of these on ebay,i remember balrogs were going for a £1000+,i always thought the sideshow stuff would go up in value,ut it seems not,just glad i sold most of my collection when i did even though i still miss my ringwraith on steed,maybe if one day the hobbit gets made they might creep up again

guess you didn't realize the thrust of this thread... the point is someone sold these items for way below CURRENT market value. Aragorn goes for $800, Balrog still goes for $1800-$2000, Moria Orc Archer is $700-900 etc etc...

The older pieces have held their value so far, overall. With some going up and others going down a bit.

Beren

I thought the Weta stuff was aging well. I actually sold some of my Weta statues a few weeks ago and got high bids. Its just the high editions that go below retail. Most of the older stuff will make good profit.

Still one of the best lines, and there is still alot of interest in it. The auctions still get alot of hits and watchers.

guess you didn't realize the thrust of this thread... the point is someone sold these items for way below CURRENT market value. Aragorn goes for $800, Balrog still goes for $1800-$2000, Moria Orc Archer is $700-900 etc etc...
The older pieces have held their value so far, overall. With some going up and others going down a bit.

Beren

...I smell a rat...:monkey1

I just logged in to post the link to the RWOS for $386, but saw this thread already started.

What do people think of this? Something just doesnt seem right.

Why would this person put all the grails up with low BIN's, then auction off the lesser statues. He has a WETA Lurtz and Aragorn up for bids. How did that person come up with those low prices? He had to have done some sort of research to come up with those numbers. He obviously didnt do his research on ebay, because that would have told him differently.

The buyer already posted positive feedback.....

I dont get it - thats a deal that seems too good to be true.

What do you guys think?

From the description he gave to the statues, he seemed to know what is selling... so I ditto to that: something fishy.

internal trading??

Well all I can say if it is genuine, then well done to the person who bought the stuff at those unbelievable prices, if not then its another of the many scams we've witnessed on Ebay.:rolleyes:

Something just doesn't seem right with the multiple BIN to the same buyer. With those low BIN prices, I find it hard to believe that no one else noticed.

Something just doesn't seem right with the multiple BIN to the same buyer. With those low BIN prices, I find it hard to believe that no one else noticed.

well, all it takes is timing. It IS logical, the first person to stumble across this will buy it all up at these prices. I would have... the BINs were taken up within 30 mins or so after posting. (I only checked two of 'em for the time).

I would buy and then ask for proof before sending payment.

Beren

Back