Steam Factory:1/6 Chinese zodiac - Mr.Rabbit & Dobbtis Bird

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZIPCOOLO

Super Freak
Reaction score
160355mh8dbh5w3mbv3kgw.jpg

160354dgzcpc16uctngc3c.jpg

Steam Factory:1/6 Chinese zodiac - Mr.Rabbit

Because the Q twelve Chinese zodiac signs displayed in RedTowns Salon, Zhujiajiao Fashion Mall and TianziFang Unicorn enjoy great popularity among collectors, so we are planning to launch 1:6 sized twelve Chinese zodiac signs. After nearly six months of design and preparation, we present the first Mr. Rabbit. Why the Chinese zodiac horse has not been present? Because we plan to launch a Chinese zodiac rabbit--- the first doll Rabbog to match the design of Dobbit & Rabbog.

Among the twelve Chinese zodiac animals, rabbit is in the fourth place. It is also the fourth in the Twelve Earthly Branches, so among the 12 two-hour periods of the day--- the period from 5 to 7 a.m. in the morning also is called ‘Rabbit Hour’.

When speaking of selecting Rabbit as one of the twelve Chinese zodiac signs, there is an interesting story about ‘Rabbit-Ox Race’ among the folks.

The legend tells that Rabbit and Ox are friendly neighbors. They get along well and call each other brother. Rabbit lives by her cleverness and hardworking. They live good life.

One day, the Rabbit, who is good at long-distance running, shows off before the Ox, saying ‘I am the marathon champion among the animal world. None can run faster than me!’The modest and humbly Ox want to ask for skills of long-distance running, but Rabbit proudly shakes his head, saying ‘Long-distance running champion needs innate quality, which cannot be taught. Moreover, for long-distance running, you should have a body as light as a swallow's. However, you have a stout body, so you never become the long-distance running champion!’

The Ox is stricken to the heart but unwilling to submit. Since then, the Ox begins practicing long-distance running. With firm will and unswerving determination, the Ox eventually has a pair of ‘iron feet’. With his tail up, he runs fast just like the wind and never feels tired.   

When the Jade Emperor King wants to rank the order for the twelve Chinese zodiac signs, he set the rule that anyone who first reaches the palace will become one of the twelve Chinese zodiac signs. The Ox and the Rabbit make an agreement that when the .... crows the third time in the morning, they go straight to the heavenly palace to win the chance.

When the .... crows the first time, the Ox gets up and finds that the Rabbit has already started. The Rabbit runs for a while, and looks back. He does not see any animals following up. The Rabbit believe that he is the first one to get up and the fastest runner and that he is the champion even if he sleeps for a while. Thus, the Rabbit falls asleep on the grass.

Although lagging behind, with strong will and running skills, the Ox makes a vigorous effort to run as fast as possible. When the Rabbit is still sleeping on the grass, the Ox reaches to the heavenly palace.

A burst of hasty footsteps awakens the Rabbit. He opens his eyes, seeing the Tiger run past like a gust of wind. At this moment, the Rabbit becomes anxious and hurries to catch up, but it is late---he still lags behind the Tiger. A resourceful Rat is standing between the horns of the Ox. As a result, the Rat is the first creature to reach the destination. The Ox comes next, followed by strong tiger. The Rabbit is the fourth.

Although the Rabbit is selected one of the twelve Chinese zodiac signs, he feels ashamed for he loses out to the Ox. Back home, the Rabbit moves his home to the soil cave. And now the Rabbit still live in soil cave. Nevertheless, the Rabbit can learn a lesson from the past. If there is another ‘Ox-Rabbit Race’ or ‘Tortoise-Rabbit Race’, the Rabbit is sure to be the champion.

“Sancho, have you fixed my pogo stick yet? Relax, I will find that girl, bring her to Ushuaia, to reach the end of the world! ”

Listen! This is Mr. Rabbit. He was born in West Attica kingdom. Rabbog’s half brother has the same character as Rabbog’s that he loves inventing and fighting. In contrast, Mr. Rabbit loves peace. He loves to ride on his Rabbog to travel around the world.

蒸汽工厂-12生肖兔子先生Mr.Rabbit 制作视频(Mr.Rabbit - produced video)
https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjM0NjQ3Mzg4.html

Steam Factory:1/6 Chinese zodiac - Mr.Rabbit

The cut off order date is December 28; the products will ship out in late January

20 lucky collectors will win cowhide-made snake strip backpack
Sewn by designer personally

Anyone who reserves will win RMB 280 Yuan Q rabbit

Each number is written by designer by hands

Anyone who reserves will win one idol of twelve Chinese zodiac signs
Rabbit: anyone who collects idols of twelve Chinese zodiac signs will win a 1:6 size doll

Standard accessories:
head sculpt × 1 shirt × 1 pant × 1 coat t × 1 shoes t × 1 messenger bag ×1 radish energy supplier ×1
Radish ×3 jumping board and pedestal ×1 main part ×1 collecting card ×1 Poster × 1

Anyone who resaves can win Q Rabbit ×1 cowhide-made embossing backpack ×1 (20 lucky collectors are eligible) , Q twelve Chinese zodiac signs card ×1

160524xz33y5zmbjzzyl5p.jpg

160528v4xgii59iz9cc6ee.jpg

160531vs4hb6ms6jcc64j6.jpg

160536v4ocq4aitoctoq44.jpg

160540ymiyqiol8hq3s2sd.jpg

160543jwdvcbbv8b1vunhn.jpg

160547ax6oyyk6xro6tz7y.jpg

160552xmf3ziikirklrmrr.jpg

汽工厂Steam Factory- 多比兽Dobbtis Bird

多比兽:它是多比蒂斯dobbtis送给骑士队长洛克的礼物,在骑士队长洛克被多比蒂斯国王封为皇家骑士队长后,显然,之前的鱼坐骑已经不适合陆地战斗了。多比兽是用凯尔文上古神甲的一部分碎甲和巫山巨石怪的牙齿加上多比蒂斯神鸟身上的一根羽毛混入铁水,通过魔法和科技融合完成。它是一只坚不可摧的机器,没有翅膀,通过魔法飞行。

Steam Factory Dobbtis Bird
Dobbtis Bird: This is the gift that dobbtis gives to Knight-Captain Locke. After Knight-Captain Locke was selected the Royal Knights captain, obviously the fish is not suitable for land battle. Dobbtis Bird is made from part of the Kelvin armor in ancient times and the teeth of Monolith Monsters and a feather of the dobbtis bird using magic and technology. It is an indestructible machine without wings. It flies via the magic.

............................................................................................

蒸汽工厂新品多比兽
Steam Factory new product: Dobbtis Bird

12月28日截单 1月下旬出货
The date of order cut-off is December 28; the product will ship out in late January
包含配件:多比兽和底座
Accessories included: Dobbtis Bird and pedestal

161413xl8mrwj4llgaqala.jpg

161417o1lqx4paglbe19xg.jpg

161421dssi9l1ev0755yyk.jpg

161426aeqnioz3ibhzop6t.jpg

161431o8ecee4n1n1zone4.jpg

161435gjx5gjguke7vzehj.jpg

161440qaurmf5xmut5o5ua.jpg

I love the concept - but I don't love these.

I think Steampunk is a fantastic subject for 1/6 - I'd love to see something interesting come along.

I don't like how half of the accessories are now Lucky Draw, Preorder only, non-standard items.

Don't put them in the main promo pictures if they aren't standard accessories and put them in separate promos on which are non-standard items.

And seriously collect all 12 cards to get a special edition figure? How many years would it take?

Good concept but the head sculpt look stiff and dull... Look so cheap for an expensive figure. The bags and all look good but price is an issue.

Re: Steam Factory:1/6 Chinese zodiac - Mr.Rabbit & Dobbtis Bird

From the last pics the bags are not standard, only 20 each based on lucky draw.

Good concept but the head sculpt look stiff and dull... Look so cheap for an expensive figure. The bags and all look good but price is an issue.

I don't like how half of the accessories are now Lucky Draw, Preorder only, non-standard items.

Don't put them in the main promo pictures if they aren't standard accessories and put them in separate promos on which are non-standard items.

And seriously collect all 12 cards to get a special edition figure? How many years would it take?
It's probably a cultural thing. Japanese customers are more into blind boxed figures and "lucky draw" stuff than are western audiences.

They aren't Japanese...

Also so far i have yet seen any toys that has so many variant of lucky draw sp items, i think it's more of a Hong Kong Trend if you look at Enterbay, Transformers & Chogokin, Japan version usually come standard.

It's ok to have 1 or 2 minor "Exclusive" items but having half of the items come as non-guaranteed kinda lame esp when you explicitly put them in your promo pics.

Even sideshow exclusives separate exclusive parts with their promo pics.

It's a way to attract buyers, when you have the demand like Hot Toys or Enterbay. But for new comers such move will turn potential buyers away as they felt exploited. For example the 1st Rabbit Dog figure that only came with limited number of Pig, the rest of us get a box with space for that pig but sealed off. We felt it was missing something.

It's probably a cultural thing. Japanese customers are more into blind boxed figures and "lucky draw" stuff than are western audiences.

I believe the origin is China and targeted for Western market.

The exclusives on Chogokin, EB, Transformers are for HK market, for example crystal cube for Chogokin, coins for Transformers etc, usually Japanese market doesn't release their figures with special exclusive items, even if they did they only have 1-2 variants.

Also western market has this for example Sideshow exclusive versions.

Japan market exclusive usually reward customers for pre-orders, membership exclusives, and on rare occasions lucky draws with coupons for certain ultra rare items.

They aren't made in Japan, but I suspect that is a major audience for this kind of thing, as is the other stuff you mention.

Back