taking apart cody helmet phase 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cc3680

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have a couple of cody phase 2 helmets. I noticed that the visor on them are not straight. (turned to the left a little). I never noticed this before I started getting into customizations. Now I look at my figures with a more critical eye now. LOL.

Question.
Has anyone taken apart a cody phase 2 helmet or at least been able to move the visor?

I could correct the visor and it may make it easier for repainting.

Thanks

try to heat it up a bit with a hair dryer...otherwise if you move it too much, it might break..not sure tho...ive always just removed them...never tried to fix one..lol..

how did you remove it? hairdryer and then pull it off? I want it in one piece. don't want it broken at all. if i could remove it in one piece then i could even paint and transfer to another clone! taking it off and the top of the helmet too would make painting easier - i think.

Oh I didn't realize there was rivits. I thought the visor just snapped on. That make things more difficult. Hmmmmm

The helmet visor is glued in the middle and by the ear pieces.
I took one apart but my arse cheers where so close together you couldn't have got a sheet of paper between them, very hair raising trying to get the visor off.:moon:panic::lol:lol
Managed it in the end but you need to keep prying very gently until it gives.

If you're worried about breaking it then consider this very carefully, it seemed like it is a hit and miss kind of thing.
If you are just wanting to straighten it out, I'd leave it well enough alone, its not worth the risk.

Hope this helps

T's right did the same, SSC didn't want anyone casting this sucker with all that glue. lol

Back