Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked mine up from the post office, and raced home like an excited Charlie Bucket, singing 'i've got a golden... Droid'.
Open him up, and wow, stunning, beautiful... BROKEN, NOOOOO!!!

2013-03-09%2012.56.32.jpg

you can see the problem with the inner arm piston, but the outer one is a bit tougher to see. The silver rod that should travel in and out is stuck, so he can't straighten his arm fully. I'm Gutted:(

have mailed Amiami, ideally they may be able to just replace the arm, seeing that they're out of stock i'm hoping i'm not stuck with a bust 3po.[/QUOTE

Just opened mine and had the same problem. I just pushed the pieces back together and it appears to be fixed, I get full range of motion and it hasn't come apart.

I just picked mine up from the post office, and raced home like an excited Charlie Bucket, singing 'i've got a golden... Droid'.
Open him up, and wow, stunning, beautiful... BROKEN, NOOOOO!!!

2013-03-09%2012.56.32.jpg

you can see the problem with the inner arm piston, but the outer one is a bit tougher to see. The silver rod that should travel in and out is stuck, so he can't straighten his arm fully. I'm Gutted:(

have mailed Amiami, ideally they may be able to just replace the arm, seeing that they're out of stock i'm hoping i'm not stuck with a bust 3po.[/QUOTE

QUOTE]

Mine was the same, same arm...I pushed the gold piece together and there is a "slot" to it so you may have to turn it to line them up...but when you push it up I felt a 'squeeze' on the gold rod and it was tight, and has not restricted his movements at all and it has not popped out.
Just opened mine and had the same problem. I just pushed the pieces back together and it appears to be fixed, I get full range of motion and it hasn't come apart.[/

What seems to be the common problem? Pistons locking up or breaking?

You can see in the picture what's going on. The figures came that way. It's happened with three here. But it looks like it might be easily fixable--just putting the joints together. Although flamingdead has his tricep pistons a bit stuck in addition to that, but is manageable.

oww..............that totally sucks. but even moreso at the pricepoint paid no replacement is a bit of a kick in the nuts as well.

were any of these orders from sideshow? i wonder if they kept back any replacements?

They seem to be able to just slot back into place without much problems.

So at the end of the day it's not too bad--no need for a replacement.

I just don't get the "no support from Bandaï for international orders". Amiami sell worldwide, their customer service should work accordingly. You may give a try and contact Bandaï direct.

I guess another year for R2 isn't too bad a wait. Like many have said, it gives them a chance to fix the details, as well as gives us the chance to save up!

Pics from NYCC

NYCC12-Tamashii-Star-Wars-005_1349980675.jpg

NYCC12-Tamashii-Star-Wars-006_1349980675.jpg

NYCC12-Tamashii-Star-Wars-007_1349980675.jpg

Anyone know what those rivet-like indentations are supposed to be? Are they on the real prop?

You can see in the picture what's going on. The figures came that way. It's happened with three here. But it looks like it might be easily fixable--just putting the joints together. Although flamingdead has his tricep pistons a bit stuck in addition to that, but is manageable.

Yep, that sucks... but as you say the separated piece looks fixable enough.

The locked-up piston could be a problem if you can't heat it or work it slowly back and forth to loosen it up.

The lack of replacement parts -- both here and often with HT -- is very frustrating.

Amazing shots, watermelon. Especially like these two.

Good God... I love this damn thing!!
Congrats, FLOSI. Glad you were able to grab one, too. Have a long wait myself but thinking of just paying it off early to have it in hand sooner. I'm generally not in a rush as I'm not displaying anything until we move, but I've heard about people having something on Flexpay but Sideshow not keeping good track of the inventory and the item selling out.

Good God... I love this damn thing!!

Yay Flosi! :clap

Congrats, FLOSI. Glad you were able to grab one, too. Have a long wait myself but thinking of just paying it off early to have it in hand sooner. I'm generally not in a rush as I'm not displaying anything until we move, but I've heard about people having something on Flexpay but Sideshow not keeping good track of the inventory and the item selling out.

:horror You're kidding! That totally sucks! I can't believe I didn't hear about that!

Anyone know what those rivet-like indentations are supposed to be? Are they on the real prop?

I'm building a full sized R2, and while I'm only on the dome work currently, I don't think those rivet holes on the body are on the original prop.

Just my thoughts. ;)

Back