1/6 TDKR: Catwoman Mask: Have you broken it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you break them, did you?

• Total voters
Just got the email from SSC as well...Hopefully they are a special better quality goggles.

I got mine a couple of days ago. They are not any better made and my inquiries with them back and forth have not gotten them to admit that these are poorly made, nor that Hot Toys is taking any responsibility for them or going to come up with a stronger/better goggle solution for everyone that got theirs.

I had to destroy the original broken ones which I found really hard to do but today was the deadline for sending them pictures so I finally hit them with a hammer. Even though they were broken I felt bad about intentionally damaging something further.

My replacement mask/goggles were a bit different than my first ones but only in that the mask itself was a stiffer rubber and harder to get on to her head (I also finally broke down and decided to put the mask on... fortunately this time I was able to ever so slowly rotate the goggles around and then slipped the mask down on her head and it did not break. I did not get her hair behind her ears correctly but was too afraid to take it off and try again so she has a bit of wild mane going on right now but at least she has her goggles!). The goggle arms and rotation pins are the same super cheap plastic as the ones that came with the original package so you have to be ridiculously careful with them.

Mask was okay but when I picked up the gun for the FIRST time it spring Apart into 3 almost 4 pieces, LOL... come on Hot Toys; if there gonna cut corners they need to lower the prices, i'd be happy/ok with these issues if we were paying $50-100 less a figure.

So I finally got the goggles up... lol, It was so nervewrecking.

Do we have a commission and a boardie ready to make masks with cat ears up already? Even though I got mine in place, I want to put it back in the box and use a custom sturdier one that I don't have to worry about touching. :lol

My big fear is her tipping over and the goggles breaking. I prefer not to use stands, and for figures in a detolf, if they tip, no harm done. But with the high heels on this combined with the goggle problem, I feel almost forced to use a stand. :(

I just got an email from Sideshow, my waitlist on the replacement goggles has converted! Very happy about this. Surely the new ones will be just as fragile unless they fixed something.

I got sent photos and got told superglue will sort that. They really need to sort there standards off items and customer services out

I got sent photos and got told superglue will sort that. They really need to sort there standards off items and customer services out

Completely opposite of the service I received. I got on the online chat with a representative. They asked me to send a picture of the break... I did. Then I was told I would hear within 3-5 business days from support. I then got the goggle replacement wait list email. After that it converted and I should have new ones shortly. Hopefully they do not ask me to destroy them, the broken ones I have are very displayable. I would seriously just take the new ones and keep them in the box.

i broke mine when trying to flip the lenses part 180 degrees...is it me or do hot toys instruction suck ?

I find them generally confusing....especially if capes are involved.

As do I, but at least they usually use photos of the actual item as opposed to diagrams.

You would think that as Hot Toys' stature/market share in high-end collectibles has increased, they would be able to have someone around that is a better technical writer/translator, but alas.

Really though, they're not all that bad.:dunno

i got replacement goggles, and noticed the carbon fiber area is sharper and brighter than my original one. It looks like a sticker, however, i prefer the duller one since it actually looks better and woven as oppose to a decal.

Back