The: Give Us A Doc Brown Figure Hot Toys Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shells075

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously its getting beyond a joke now!
We've seen numerous different Iron Man variants, now we are seeing a variety of Stormtroopers from HT. Now Stomies are all very well and good but even die hard Star Wars fans will admit one trooper is much like the next.

I'm guessing Hot Toys think a Doc will be a shelf warmer and not bring in the $ like Iron Man or Star Wars? If that's the case then why don't they just do a limited production run and focus on the North American & European markets with a Doc figure.

The one figure you cant release without releasing the other is Marty with no Doc. Why go to the trouble of producing a 1/6 Delorean time machine and not make the guy who built it.

I feel we need some sort of collective action to get HT to listen to the fans somehow. If its even possible to get HT to listen to their fans. :dunno

I second that! I have the Delorean and Marty and need the Doc(preferably with haz-mat coverall, tool belt and remote for the Delorean).

Maria Hill and no Doc Brown?! Pffffft.

I second that! I have the Delorean and Marty and need the Doc(preferably with haz-mat coverall, tool belt and remote for the Delorean).

Yeah that would be my preferable look. I guess we could see a multitude of different versions of Doc, any would be a start though. I'm just at my wits end with it all.

Next up The: Give us an Einstein figure Hot Toys Thread :)

5JMWaYC.jpg

More than any other figure, this is TOP of my wish list. I really hope Hot Toys continue with this line and don't just make Marty variants alone.

Yeah I really hope Doc is in the works along with Einstein. Still undecided about getting the DeLorean or chancing it and waiting for a version from Part II.

I'm guessing Hot Toys think a Doc will be a shelf warmer and not bring in the $ like Iron Man or Star Wars? If that's the case then why don't they just do a limited production run and focus on the North American & European markets with a Doc figure.

Regular Marty is wait listed at Sideshow, so it didn't do too badly in the western market. But no one in China seems to give a single **** about Back to the Future, unfortunately.

The one figure you cant release without releasing the other is Marty with no Doc. Why go to the trouble of producing a 1/6 Delorean time machine and not make the guy who built it.

Who knows, man. Honestly. They reveal a Genisys Endo a month after future Terminator movies have been cancelled, about five months after the Blu-Ray release and about eight months after the film was released.

They had the perfect hype machine on the 21st of October 2015, and they failed to even officially announce the one unreleased BTTF figure that we'd already seen.

I feel we need some sort of collective action to get HT to listen to the fans somehow. If its even possible to get HT to listen to their fans. :dunno

Hot Toys don't read this board.

Emailing them is futile too, I wouldn't be surprised if their email department doesn't even pass up messages sent to them by customers unless it's about a defect. They don't respond to a thing on their Facebook page unless it's about a QC issue.

Yeah we need a Doc... badly he would look awesome! I am curious though the delorean has a spot on the back for both lightning rod and plutonium, why would they ad such an odd detail when they could have lit the time circuit dash. maybe those will be the accesories that come with Doc!? Think about it...

More than any other figure, this is TOP of my wish list. I really hope Hot Toys continue with this line and don't just make Marty variants alone.

:exactly: Mine too. I'd be happy with any version, just give us a Doc Brown figure dammit!!! :gah: :impatient:

Sure the bbtf franchise may be popular in the west but most of hot toys business is done in asia, why wouldn't it be..they have over 2 billion people living there. Back to the future just isn't that popular in asia and i think this is the main reason why we haven't seen a doc brown figure. The demand is just not there and hot toys tend to operate on a demand for and sales basis. If the demand isn't there then the cost of producing the figure will not be offset against the sales. They may have blown everything on the first marty figure and delorean and left it at that. The sales probably aren't there in asia for them to continue on making more bbtf figures and that just means no doc.

Last edited:
Hot Toys couldn't tell in advance that a BTTF line was going to tank in the local market? If that's the case then they're idiots. The alternative, which makes them look less dense, is that they embarked on this line for the western market specifically. If they don't make Doc it's because they weren't happy with the sales numbers in the US and Europe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back