The Spawn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had every single Spawn figure ever...decided to stick with movie themed figures when I finally got my collection room

So we got one flimsy Spawn figure for 2016 and now we're getting one flimsy Spawn figure for 2017.

One! :lol

And it will be flimsy!

And we have to wait until holiday 2017 for it!

IMG_8973.jpg

He said it's for the big build up to more exciting Spawn news. :lol

Character needs to be called Yawn!

Yup that one is even called Commando Spawn. :lol

I don't mind the reboot if quality comes with it.

Todd even went on his usual rant on why too much articulation makes for unrealistic looking poses that constantly topple over.

Ehhh...Todd I got news for you everyone loves their revoltech Spiderman.

I love how I can pose my ML Wolverine in his squat lunge semi MvC pose (can't wait for revoltech Wolverine).

That's why they invented action posing stands, hello...earth to Todd.

Last edited:
every other company ads joints without looking horrible. this guy is crazy... even mattel can add joints and not look crappy

and Todd hates joints yet he added awful hideous looking joints to walking dead when it was first created... whats he smoking?

Can't have unrealistic looking poses on superheroes that fly, shoot lasers or come from hell lol

Now truth be told yes, Revoltech Spiderman is super ugly standing up straight probably the ugliest Spiderman toy out now but he was never meant to be vanilla posed.

Your nuts if you buy a revoltech and don't put them in extreme poses right out the box!

He's saying it all begins looking anatomically incorrect in their silly user created action poses.

It's a goddamn superhero Todd!

Now maybe a Walking Dead character, ok. :lol

Last edited:
Spawn if one of my most favorite Super-heroes, I have the 10th Anniversary articulated figure, which is amazing, but I wish McFarlane continued with this type of figure (though, he's not too fond of articulation).

Hey everyone, I though y'all might like to see the WIP on the 1:6 movie spawn figure I'm working on. It will most likely be a silicone skin that slips over a body, or a silicone skinned, foam filled figure that will have a possible armature inside like a stop motion puppet. :) try not to focus on my super messy workspace.

Yup that one is even called Commando Spawn. :lol

I don't mind the reboot if quality comes with it.

Todd even went on his usual rant on why too much articulation makes for unrealistic looking poses that constantly topple over.

Ehhh...Todd I got news for you everyone loves their revoltech Spiderman.

I love how I can pose my ML Wolverine in his squat lunge semi MvC pose (can't wait for revoltech Wolverine).

That's why they invented action posing stands, hello...earth to Todd.

I think Figma does good job at balancing out Aesthetic & Poseability for action figures.

SHF, Revoltech joints are pretty obvious and not really aesthetic.

He Mans & other niche figures are alright but to cut cost they use very generic base body so everyone looks similar in terms of body shape.

Not sure if McFarlane upped their game with their materials. Smelly Rubbers is so outdated.

Just recently updated last year’s spawn figure by repainting most of it to bring it to life, and added metal chains. Still need to add smaller metal chains to the neck.
d1b1b8e2832b1266801e0fa62fd219e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should have picked that one up on clearance at TRU when I had the chance.

But I did officially jump back in, and have been picking them up on ebay as I find good deals on them. My main wants at the moment are Spawn version 11 from series 31, and most of series 26. Just got these in yesterday:

CF7397O.jpg

I dont really like the way they did that fig, but I have always always loved that tree. i wanna get that fig just for that tree

Halloween spawn is definitely my fav figure of spawn i was lucky enough to grab the masked and unmasked versions. Although not really lucky considering how expensive they are.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Whoa, had no idea there was a masked version. I picked up the the complete set after I got those, so I'm thinking of repainting one from orange to red.

There was only two on ebay when i bought it and it was $175 the other one was asking 400 for the starting bid and this was 5 years ago

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Did some more research and found out the masked versions were Wal-Mart exclusives, and pretty rare too so that price is understandable. I was aware they did one for Santa Spawn, but not Halloween for some reason. Weird thing is I don't really remember these being at Wal-Mart at the time. Looks like it was around 2003, so I can only guess I was so consumed by MOTU's return that I wasn't paying attention. I also lost interest in Spawn after series 20.

Back