The Spider: Master of Men!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staggerly

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I've been an observer in the hobby for a long time, but this is my first real offering (my first completed figure, to be honest). He's The Spider, a pulp character in the vein of The Shadow (but with better pulps, if you ask me). He's described as wearing a false nose, fangs, "fright wig," and hump. Comments and criticism welcome! Thanks for looking.

Head: Herbert Zeller (DID)
Body: Barrack Sergeant
Hands: Soldier Story
.45s: Twilight Magic Works
Hat: Project Are
Suit: Sideshow (dyed black; originally blue)
Shirt: Dragon
Tie: Toys City (I think)
Shoes: Sideshow
Hair: craft (synthetic) fur, applied following this tutorial by OneSixthWarrior ARCH13
Camera: Canon PowerShot A480

Not familiar with the character at all, but that's kinda why he's cool to me. We can't nitpick about things to change to make him "more accurate" but rather just enjoy it for the cool figure it is.

I like the idea of characters from that era of story telling so this is cool to see.

Dude, you totally scooped me. I was planning on doing the Spider at some point soon. My fav pulp hero. The books are great.

LOVE the work. Have you seen the comic version. Tim Truman did the art & begs for a 1/6 treatment

K07 - thanks! Yeah, The Shadow always, well, overshadowed The Spider, so he's never been very famous.

SpyZero - thanks for the kind words! I meant for the teeth to have sort of a bulky prosthetic look (like the ReelArt statue), and I wasn't sure if that came across.

knucklefunger - haha, don't let me stop you! I'd love to see your interpretation of The Spider. And yeah, now that you mention it I do remember the Tim Truman Spider. You're right, he would make a cool figure. Thanks for commenting!

Back