The Tea Party thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taibhse

Super Freak
Reaction score
A place for Devilof76 to tell Taibhse (and the rest of the Planet) what's what!... :panic:

As much of a pleasure as it would be to clarify the reality of the past 300 years for you, this thread will be locked shortly.

Good job reading the board rules. Yer wicked smaht. :lecture

As much of a pleasure as it would be to clarify the reality of the past 300 years for you, this thread will be locked shortly.

Good job reading the board rules. Yer wicked smaht. :lecture

Interesting that I am standing up for your rights to freedom of speech, while you are trying (very unsubtly) to provoke me enough to get me banned.. this is why neoconservatives are not champions of freedom.. the 'freedom' to agree, is not freedom at all.

I'm glad to see that you have zero grasp of the concept of free speech.

Nor, of the concept of how neoconservatism is relevant to this discussion. Nor, of who you're talking to.

You're batting a thousand. I'm impressed.

Someone wants to get in a political fight with me, but is having difficulty registering the fact that it's against board rules.

(Or, that he'd get smoked like a Marlboro.)

He thinks he has a right to discuss whatever he wants on a private forum and that my admonitions for him to stop are an attempt to suppress his right to free speech.

:lol

Devilof76 and I have a disagreement on the real meaning of freedom.. the punching, kicking, gouging and biting, while rolling around in the spilt beer, nachos and sawdust elsewhere on the forum seemed inappropriate.. so I moved the brawl to here.. where it's less likely to scare the horses.
:)

The Sandbox is the most heavily modded place on the forum :lol. This thread is going to last long...

*insert popcorn gif*

I'm sure solidus would happy to tell you why anti-trust is anti-liberty while I drive home from work. It's also possible he'd also rather chew razor blades.

I'm sorry to say you're not going to get your brawl. Thank your lucky stars.

Less keyboard Chuck Norris, more on the Devilof76's 'reality of the past 300 years' and what the 'concept of free speech' really means, according to your interpretation.. so far you have offered lots of sweeping generalisations but very little exposition.. patronising and ill-defined claims to know better than me, are not cogent arguments on their own.

I'm sure solidus would happy to tell you why anti-trust is anti-liberty while I drive home from work. It's also possible he'd also rather chew razor blades.

chew-bubble-gum-and-kick-ass.gif

Well, actually, I'd rather just gif...

Regulations to keep markets free. :lol

There is a massive difference between the neoconservative ideological Nirvana and the pragmatic realities of the market, here is what really happens in an unregulated market -

1.Market deregulation
2. Massive expansion of a competitive free market
3.Consolidation of the market into a much smaller number of 'major players' because size brings benefits and efficiencies of scale
4. Cartels
5.Monopolies

Regulation is designed to prevent the abomination of step 4 and 5, which are a foregone conclusion when profit is the only motivator in an unregulated market.. the reason step four and five are an abomination, is because they fundamentally distort the market and destroy capitalism.. there is no real difference between a monopoly and Stalinism.. it is designed to benefit a tiny, centralised elite group and no-one else.. regardless of what the billionaire Koch Brothers propaganda machine would have their minions believe.

The most amusing thing about the neoconservative antipathy to the EU is the fact it has started to create a huge single federal trading entity, with one currency and one central government in addition to local state government.. just like the USA.. so tell me, what was the problem with the magnificent American model of State and Federal government again?

Face it, the whole argument is in reality framed by perceived trading benefits/disadvantages, based on what is written on the cover of your passport.. it has nothing to do with freedom and everything to do with the economics of national self-interest.. and no amount of Chicago School of Economics pixie dust is going to change that.

Neoconservatives were ex-Trotskyites. I've never encountered one that believed in laissez-faire capitalism. Do you have any more straw men you'd like to burn? Or would you prefer to continue equivocating between economic and political power to pretend your Orwellian inversion of the concept of liberty holds water?

This soon-to-be-locked thread is still open? Hot damn, time to bust out some of my gif stash that I never get to use!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back