Thor PF Ex is coming...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolidLiquidFox

doing it...for all of us
Reaction score
Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of the Thor Premium Format Figure – Sideshow Exclusive (item #72051) from our Marvel Collection. We appreciate your patience in waiting for the arrival of this Limited Edition collectible, and would like to inform you that this item will be arriving in our Los Angeles warehouse in approximately 18–20 days.

sweet.gif

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of the Thor Premium Format Figure – Sideshow Exclusive (item #72051) from our Marvel Collection. We appreciate your patience in waiting for the arrival of this Limited Edition collectible, and would like to inform you that this item will be arriving in our Los Angeles warehouse in approximately 18–20 days.

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is what I've been waiting to see!

what's with the shipping weight?

>>>ESTIMATED ARRIVAL<<<
Of: Thor Premium Format Figure - Sideshow Exclusive
Coming in: 18 - 20 Days
To: Sideshow U.S. warehouse
Est. ship weight (US): 79 lbs.
Est. dimensional weight
(Int'l orders & Oversized items): 92 lbs.
>>>UPDATE ORDER INFORMATION NOW<<<

what's with the shipping weight?

>>>ESTIMATED ARRIVAL<<<
Of: Thor Premium Format Figure - Sideshow Exclusive
Coming in: 18 - 20 Days
To: Sideshow U.S. warehouse
Est. ship weight (US): 79 lbs.
Est. dimensional weight
(Int'l orders & Oversized items): 92 lbs.
>>>UPDATE ORDER INFORMATION NOW<<<

WHOA! (There's no way this thing can weigh more than the Thing :)lol) is there?)

probably based on the box size maybe???? :confused: this brown shipper is going to be HUGE.

well time to sell some Bowen stuff to make room because I have none.

probably based on the box size maybe???? :confused: this brown shipper is going to be HUGE.

well time to sell some Bowen stuff to make room because I have none.

UPS and Fed Ex deal in what is called volumetric weight in determining shipping. There's actually some sort of a formula for it. A given box size approximates a predetermined weight category, whether or not the weight of the item in the box falls within that weight classification. This way, they're able to make the same amount of money shipping a plane full of paper maché stuff as they do shipping a plane full of designer jeans. (Or something like that.)

Still a 98 lb. volumetric weight is H-U-G-E. :horror I should've just ordered the regular from Dark Shadow Collectibles and payed his awesome $6.50 shipping rate.

At most I see Thor weighing 40 lbs. I am guessing the PF itself will even weigh less than that. You have to understand that is the dim weight for the packaging guys.

If you're expecting Thor PF to weigh 79 lbs itself, you're setting yourselves up for a huge disappointment. Regardless, this PF is sick so I can't see how one could be disappointed by it. :rock :rock

Back