Today I had to do one of the hardest things in my life...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo 7

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I had to put down my beautiful baby Angel Maltese named Bella. My wife bough her when we dating and she lived with us for 15 years along with us having twins boy and girl. She was beautiful happy and brought alot of love to our lives. I was with her to the end and my kids , my wife and I are distraught. I thought writing about it might not only help me but, also help any whom has to do this.

Bella my beautiful Angel May you rest in peace!!!

Commiserations Echo. There are a lot of ways for a pet to go, and it sounds like Bella went as good as you could ask for - in the company of human family and at the end of a long and loved life. The best pets never live as long as they should. I'm sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss echo. May you and your family be comforted by the peace of knowing that you provided a loving home to your awesome Bella for several years.

I feel for you, man, and offer my deepest sympathies.

I'm a cat guy. Not that I love them more than dogs, I love every animal, but dogs tend to find a house easily where cats don't. Anyway, I give shelter to any cat that comes my way so I have so many I don't count anymore.

Anyway, it's always a personal tragedy when I loose one. I've lost one a month ago. He just left in the morning and never came back. Well, it's been a month and I still feel heartsick everyday, so I definitely understand what you're going through...

Hang on tight and if it can be any consolation, know that you gave her love and even though she won't be there anymore, rest assured that you did care for her and did the right thing.
Again, all my sympathies.

Please show a picture of Bella.The loss of a Pet can hurt more than that of a Human.Commisserations on your sad loss.At 49 years of age I've lost many Pets now and it never gets any easier.

I had to put down my little buddy a week ago, so I know what you're going through. Worst feeling in the world. :(

Sorry for your loss. Our pets can become a part of the family as much as humans so the loss is always difficult. Try to think of the good times and remember those when you can. It sounds like Bella had a good life with you and your family and knew she was loved.

My heart goes out to you Echo. My parents recently(5 weeks ago), had to say goodbye to their boxer Holly, who was also my dog. We had her for 14 years. I was able to travel home and to be there at the end to say goodbye.

Anyway I'm sorry to here about Bella. May she find peace

:1-1:

I had to put down my beautiful baby Angel Maltese named Bella. My wife bough her when we dating and she lived with us for 15 years along with us having twins boy and girl. She was beautiful happy and brought alot of love to our lives. I was with her to the end and my kids , my wife and I are distraught. I thought writing about it might not only help me but, also help any whom has to do this.

Bella my beautiful Angel May you rest in peace!!!

I'm so sorry. I've been through this too. It's the hardest thing in the world to do, but you do it for them, because you love them so and don't want to see them suffer.

There is a pets thread. And you can post pics of her and talk about her if it would help you.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/permathreads/57322-pet-friend-partner-203.html

I'm sad to hear about Bella, Echo7. I'm sure she was super happy living with her family (you guys). I'm also sure you were a wonderful parent for Bella. Hope you guys find closure and inspiration from her.

I want to thank you all for the kind words and offerings of your thoughts. I will post a pic of Bella once i figure out how to do it from my phone..again thank you..it was very kind of all of you . May my little Angel rest in Peace !!

Best Regards,

Echo 7 (Carlo)

So sorry to hear about your loss Echo 7 :( Have been through this myself several times and it never gets any easier. May she rest in peace.

All..again thanks for your kinds words...I have been re-reading them because today is not a good day for me . I am very much upset and your words are helping me through this. I just wish i had my dog back !!!..anyway sorry to sound down !! i have put up a picture of Bella that I took while my wife was holding her..this was a year or so ago...Again thanks for your kind words...it really helps to heal my broken heart.

Attachments

• IMAG0051.jpg
    IMAG0051.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
I still remember taking my little dog Minnie to the vet 7 years ago. She wasn't eating, so I was hoping it wasn't anything too serious, but she ended up having a cancerous tumour and I had to have her put down right then. She was 15 years old, so as an old dog, it was kinder to relieve her pain. I was so upset as I carried her body out and buried her back home. I had her since I was 10 years old.

Two years later my rottie x had to be put down as well. She lived to 15 years as well, which was a good long life for a dog her size. In the end she just couldn't stand up and so we had to have the vet come out to our place and euthanize her at home.

My most horrible experience was having my horse put down. He'd had one eye removed due to injuring it on something in the paddock. Several months later he injured his other eye and was coughing up blood. He was in a terrible state and we knew there was no saving him. The vet believed he had a tumour, which had caused the eye damage and it had ruptured, causing the bleeding. I'd had him for 18 years, so it was a big loss for me.

It's so awful to lose animals that you've shared so much time with. They become a part of the family. You will feel better as time goes on, but it does take time. These days I can think back on my lost pets and remember the good times I shared with them. The best thing is to remember the loving home that you gave Bella and that she was one of the lucky ones to have such a great life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I still remember taking my little dog Minnie to the vet 7 years ago. She wasn't eating, so I was hoping it wasn't anything too serious, but she ended up having a cancerous tumour and I had to have her put down right then. She was 15 years old, so as an old dog, it was kinder to relieve her pain. I was so upset as I carried her body out and buried her back home. I had her since I was 10 years old.

Two years later my rottie x had to be put down as well. She lived to 15 years as well, which was a good long life for a dog her size. In the end she just couldn't stand up and so we had to have the vet come out to our place and euthanize her at home.

My most horrible experience was having my horse put down. He'd had one eye removed due to injuring it on something in the paddock. Several months later he injured his other eye and was coughing up blood. He was in a terrible state and we knew there was no saving him. The vet believed he had a tumour, which had caused the eye damage and it had ruptured, causing the bleeding. I'd had him for 18 years, so it was a big loss for me.

It's so awful to lose animals that you've shared so much time with. They become a part of the family. You will feel better as time goes on, but it does take time. These days I can think back on my lost pets and remember the good times I shared with them. The best thing is to remember the loving home that you gave Bella and that she was one of the lucky ones to have such a great life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly! I lost my Sheltie a little over 2 years ago and I miss him all the time. It's taken me over a year to even think about getting another one. I haven't yet due to not having the time to devote to a puppy right now, but I miss having a fur baby around.

Bella was such a little cutie! :)

Back