Tonner Batman......

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought Wonder Woman, Supergirl, and Batgirl.

Last edited:
Oh lord....Tonner is seriously swinging and missing with these Comic Males....

Doh, sorry Lonnie...I thought I had seen that you did. +1 to lcummins for not collecting these. And I can see people collecting them as well...just not many people here.

Not bad, although the cowl doesn't quite work. They should just go with eyeholes like on Batgirl.

You guys know there's a 5 day annual Tonner convention right? That's longer than SDCC. Obviously there's a HUGE market out there and these more guy-appeal licenses are just broadening their base. But I can see where they aren't everyone's cup'o'tea.

I'm still waiting for the Tonner people to get back to me in terms of their Superman. That's really all I care about in regards to Tonner.

I like looking at the Tonners because they're a great reminder to me that while I see art in my Sideshow/Hot Toys/Medicom figures, others see in them what I see when I look at these guys.

While nothing I'd collect personally, I can see that they have their charm, esp. the Harry Potter ones. I've said it before: the Sideshow tent is a big one, room for all sorts of collectibles in there.

Yeah, but the Barbie and Co. market will forever dominate, and Tonner fits right in with their targeted consumers. I don't even consider it in the same category as Sideshow or Hot Toys or whatever. I put it in the same group as Barbie, Madame Alexander, Beanie Babies, etc. And in that group, the cuteness of it all makes sense.

Tonner makes some really intricate and excellently done....I'm getting a couple for my wife for Christmas. The Harry Potter stuff is well done and it makes sense to try and captialize on the male collectors market because these figures are about the size of a PF, the adult males, but it just didn't translate well.

The Spider-Mans look awkward because of the mask issue, they like most who get a mask don't realize that a faceshield is needed to get the shape desired, the costuming itself looks to be made of cloth or if not the materials weren't researched enough to make them look accurate and don't get me started on the left turns being made with the Jack Sparrow or the Superman coming. The Batman looks like a Barbie version and that's disappointing. It almost seems like they are half assing these figures. They will not garner very many new collectors but trust me there is a large following for Tonner stuff and they'll be just fine, I bet that some Tonner collectors will even praise these. Look at Aquaman, the lamest character in DC IMHO is the best looking Tonner comic male.

There is definitely potential is this Batman figure. I like that they made a more muscular body. I was really turned off when I saw the Spider-Man 3 figures. The females look great across the board for Tonner but the Spider-Man looked like a child. Now that they are putting a lot more attention into the male figures I could see some hardcore 1/6 scale enthusiasts be closet Tonner collectors.

I have the first HP Tonner doll, its a nice figure. Tonner is a totally different style then SS. But if you can dress it move its limbs, etc., its a doll just like SS 12-inch stuff.

Back