TOYGLOBE - WARNING!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez. This is funny. Who knew Australia Post delivered after 5pm....!

International Tracking
This Australia Post site provides you with the opportunity to track your Express Courier International consignment.

Enter the number from your consignment receipt into the field below.

Item number:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You searched for: EQ744033298US

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An attempt to deliver your item was made by the Messenger Post QLD delivery service at 18:10 on 31 Jul 2006. Addressee not available.

Here is what happened earlier:
31 Jul 2006 11:50 - AUMPQL : Received at delivery hub.
31 Jul 2006 10:02 - BNE : Scheduled for delivery.
31 Jul 2006 09:11 - BNE : Received and awaiting clearance for delivery.
29 Jul 2006 07:24 - US - JFK : Processed for despatch.
28 Jul 2006 11:05 - US - 12919 : Item lodged

LordAzreal,
I just noticed something about your tracking number, they shipped the package via express mail, a fast but costly option. They may have tried to speed things up by shipping to you this way, but they also seem to be sticking you with a big chunk of the cost of their slow shipping mistake. If you didn't specify global express shipping, they may have chosen this for you. Something to look into, and best of luck!

Seaward said:
LordAzreal,
I just noticed something about your tracking number, they shipped the package via express mail, a fast but costly option. They may have tried to speed things up by shipping to you this way, but they also seem to be sticking you with a big chunk of the cost of their slow shipping mistake. If you didn't specify global express shipping, they may have chosen this for you. Something to look into, and best of luck!

Right about now, Azrael's probably just looking forward to getting his order and putting Toyglobe out of his life FOREVER!!!

Although I'd be ticked off too if a more expensive shipping option was chosen for me without my permission...

Sith Lord 0498 said:
That's like KEBCOToys!! They're another bunch of scammers!! Took me four months to receive an "In Stock" Han Solo Unleashed a few years back. Never ordered from them again...which was good for me because then they started full-on scamming customers after that.
I bought a 12 inch Count Dooku from KEBCO Toys. It took a LOOOOOOOONG TIIIIIIIIIME for them to respond to any emails (after many of which I learned that they lost my Dooku so they would send a new one) and an even LOOOOOOOOOOONGER wait to receive him. I ordered the Dooku in February and received him in April of this year. I was worried too. I think they just have really REALLY bad internal ops. Aside from that you do get (eventually) what you paid for.

That being said, when I did receive him it was in mint condition and I gave him positive feedback.

pixletwin said:
I bought a 12 inch Count Dooku from KEBCO Toys. It took a LOOOOOOOONG TIIIIIIIIIME for them to respond to any emails (after many of which I learned that they lost my Dooku so they would send a new one) and an even LOOOOOOOOOOONGER wait to receive him. I ordered the Dooku in February and received him in April of this year. I was worried too. I think they just have really REALLY bad internal ops. Aside from that you do get (eventually) what you paid for.

That being said, when I did receive him it was in mint condition and I gave him positive feedback.

You should check out this thread then. It's a long read, so skip ahead to the last ten pages or so. It's like melvinpelayo if he were an online retailer!! :)

https://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=25728&highlight=KEBCOToys

Sith Lord 0498
Yeah, I know he is probably happy just to be quits and done with them, but I would hate for him to have the impression that they were quick in shipping and possibly give them the benefit of the doubt if they did charge him an exorbitant amount for shipping without his clearance just to cover their own shoddy practices. Hoping we are all becoming informed consumers!

Seaward said:
LordAzreal,
I think it isn't something initiated from the sellers end. Rather, upon arrival, being it was a priority shipment, was placed with Australia Posts, a domestic mail service, equivalent. Them trying to match the service.

Also the reason that it may have arrived "after' hours could be that the Express Post division of Aust Post requires shipments be delivered within a time frame.

The speed with which it left the US thinks it is using the more expensive postage - which $h1t$ me to tears cos they could have got it here sooner just by getting off their collective a$$e$ as sending it within 3 weeks. I was billed 3 weeks ago - for an in stock item - and it got sent Friday. For an internet only company thats unacceptable. I might accept some delay from a store front business as they have Real World customers interrupting them - but what sort of excuse is there to take it off the shelf and put it in the mail - when that is ALL you do.

PS - still not here 4:40pm the following day. If I didn't know better I'd say the bastards marked it : Deliver after 5pm or something.

LordAzrael said:
- but what sort of excuse is there to take it off the shelf and put it in the mail - when that is ALL you do.
You need to settle Lord. I understand your annoyance and frustration, with not only the "store", but with the whole process, shipment and delivery.

What sort of excuse? As usual there could be many. It could be they only send out International orders once a month. That they don't disclose the fact is just poor. Will you be letting them know of your disatisfaction and their possible remedy, or just not bothering and never deal with them again?

Are you sure that taking it off the shelf is all they do? It sounds presumptuous, cause they could have a regular job and do this sort of thing on the side.

Take a few deep breathes and hopefully Aust Post will get it to you tonight, and you will find everything in order with the item, and a higher shipping cost has not been charged.

Called Australia Post - they didn't try deliver at 6:10 - that means the driver got to the end of his route and couldn't find the address - so they put the wrong address on it.

Per their website they dispatch within 3 days - not 3 weeks. They don't have a store front so all they do is dispatch - as opposed to have to serve customers over the counter

If I hadn't called today then it would have been on its way back to the US tomorrow as a return to sender.

Gee - wonder if that's intentional.

creecher said:
:slap Stress factor 10. Satisfaction zilch.

Heh - as for solutions - I've already warned reception that the delivery driver can't leave till I open it - if its empty or non-satisfactory I won't sign for it and it going back and a dispute will be raised with the Credit Card company for the full amount (including shipping). As for trying to actually file a claim with Authority - the list of complaints that have done nothing is quite long - so being in Australia vs Canada I'll let it slide and just slander the hell out of them (well - I guess its not slander when its true).

I did check the address I filled out - and is on their order confirmation. Its the same address Sideshow have successfully delivered to on over a dozen occassions (and its the address listed in my ebay account).

Hopefully will have an outcome tomorrow. At the end of the day its not THAT much money - its just the principle of it. :emperor .And I want a Daredevil to go with the custom Elektra I'm working on.

Aust Post, using contractors now, to do deliveries, have gone down hill. I have found a parcel left on next doors doorstep, and both this week and last week, they hadn't bothered to knock before chucking a card in the letter box and driving off. Which means I have to wait till the end of the day, when they return to the office. Complain every time, leave my number, but no one rings back to inform me. When I worked for Aust Post, you were told of complaints but just laughed at the supervisor, who being a drop kick, you only had contempt for. With contractors, I would expect it to be worse.

Neuman comes to mind. Seinfeld's and Mad's Alfred E.

creecher said:
Aust Post, using contractors now, to do deliveries, have gone down hill. I have found a parcel left on next doors doorstep, and both this week and last week, they hadn't bothered to knock before chucking a card in the letter box and driving off. Which means I have to wait till the end of the day, when they return to the office. Complain every time, leave my number, but no one rings back to inform me. When I worked for Aust Post, you were told of complaints but just laughed at the supervisor, who being a drop kick, you only had contempt for. With contractors, I would expect it to be worse.

Neuman comes to mind. Seinfeld's and Mad's Alfred E.

Sounds like it might have been the problem. Was delivered this morning by EMS - not Australia Post. And the address was correct. So Australia Post just couldn't find the same address they've delivered about 20 ebay transactions and a dozen Sideshow orders.

Postage - actual per the box is $US36.80 which would have been ok. Charged on the invoice $US56.36 . Oh well. Live and learn.

The figure looks sweet though - I just need to find a decent Ben Affleck head and swap the figure out onto a good body....... Got half the Elektra costume from Triad and I'll get the other half soon, also got the sai already - just need a jennifer head and some brown mohair to get the Elektra custom figure to match.

LordAzrael said:
The other odd thing is why is a Candian based company shipping out of NY ?

NY is on the border to Canada, international shipping from Canada might be more expensive than from the USA. So they would simply cross the border to ship from the US.

I live in Switzerland, but close to the border to Germany and Austria. Depending on the destination, I sometimes choose to cross the border to ship out of Germany or Austria, it can be a lot cheaper.

Back