Triads Evo and Eva out the box review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooncat

Super Freak
Reaction score
1st impressions . . proportional great and the spare parts are brill

2nd impressions leave me wanting . . .

wanting . . . something thats posable and stays in a pose, joints are loose and floppy especially around the shoulders (in one axis) and hips (any axis) and these are the main points that need rigidity

wanting . . feet that bend (if the HT parts fit thats an easy swap and less of an issue . . but not had time to check)

wanting a more plyable material around the hand and feet sockets as the rigid ball joint doesnt readily fit into the rigid hole built to receive them they have to be forced and I find other parts falling off as I try and force home hands into sockets (worried these joints are gonna snap under pressure)

Its a different body to the HT bodies (better in some ways) worse in alot of others

Ive still to see how easy a HT neck posts fit (major issue if they dont)

Pick one up cheap and its value for money

£30 tops ideally around £20

I got the Eva yesterday. I'm in all kinds of love with it but as you say i leaves a lot to be desired.

Let me just say that sculpt and design way it is beautiful amazing and out of this world and I mean that.

It is still lightyears in front of HT's female which looks like the body of Snookie from Jersey Shore. It's boxy, stubby, can not look feminine no matter how hard you try.

The way the eva poses is second to none. The way the legs cross over in front of eachother, the body weight shift, the way the hips can sit on axis to the torso/shoulders captures a real sexiness that the HT female does not have and never could have.

Quality wise- It's bad. The plastic feels very brittle, soft and the chest swaps, which is freaking fantastic sculpt wise. leaves a huge unsightly gap at the seams of the neck.

Joints are loose? Well mine are really good to be honest, Knees are solid as hell same goes for wrists, feet and shoulders. Hips? Well if you push them all the way ito the pegs they are OK but they keep popping out. Something that I hate and wish they did not come off at all. .

I've had such horribly floppy female TT's this is a welcome change of pace in tightness of joints but overall plastic quality i twice as good on Hot Toys.

Hot toys heads will not swap whatsoever, i founds some random peg thing from a wrestling figure to get mine to swap.

Feet will NOT swap from HT. Hands WILL.

Color: WAY to orange

'm in the process of swapping Silk Spectre on it which is all kinds of better already. It took me the whole damn day to get it to work.

but a lot of that was the way the SS suit worked. I had to repaint her hips and chest not so orange. I had to shave her wrists to get them to slide into the latex suit make the knee joints a little smoother and more seamless and chop off the ankles and drill a hole for the HT pegs to fit into and try and sand down the ankles to mah the HT feet in width as best I could.

I may try swapping ANH Princess Leia too but she kind of is a stubbier build. so i might not

Well, I received these Triad bodies in the mail today. I actually tried to cancel my pre-order when I read about all their problems, but it was too late. In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't, as even with all their flaws, they are still innovative designs and look more realistic than other bodies, including the TrueType.

Pulling them straight out of the shipping box, however, didn't exactly give me the best impression...

Pulling Padme out of her blister pack and watching her leg, foot, and head fall off in synchrony left me with an even worse impression. I have to admit, it was so bad, I couldn't help but LOL. The ultra tight spring, that forces her into either a severe slouch or a ridiculous potbelly, tenaciously pulls her chest behind her abdomen as soon as I remove the chest plate did not help matters. In terms of quality control (or the strong lack thereof), Triad takes the cake -- even over Sideshow's ragdoll Pro and Armor bodies!

Fortunately, I was able to get her back together again and worked out some of the kinks. Far from perfect though. But even with all the major quality control issues, these bodies have an overall great aesthetic design and offer quite a potential with fixes and improvements.

Finally after a long workout, getting her back into shape, Padme was ready for some quality posing action...

But of course Ani had to be in one of his "Sith" moods again...

Last edited:
Back