Update and Master List for custom work from DarkArtist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lost cause fellas, just learn from your mistakes and move on; makes you the bigger man than Josh could ever hope to be. It all balances out in the end though, most here are successful and honest folks; everytime Josh would pop on all he could talk about is how broke/etc he was. Basing his work ethic off of what he pulled here, is there any question as to why?

Update: My son has gotten to the age where I can get some work done, so I have been doing it. I know it's been a long time, and I know I have made mistakes on this road I've been on for the past few years. But I am actually working, at long last. I'm getting things done as we speak.

Conan PF will be done by the end of the week, Jason masks are finally casting right and will be done by then as well (this means you Rayrock!), Jokers are coming down the pipe as well, and I am working on a few headpaints for people... some Blade Runner heads for somebody... will have to check the list to find out who. They had two Rutger heads and a Deckard.

Eczsamurai got ahold of me and let me know about his situation as well so I am making him an Ash swiftly to give him the ability to sell it and make some money.

Bwayne and I are in contact and I am working towards completing his Temple of Doom Indy.

And as for Dark Passenger's post about my mask... I am NOT selling my only mask to refund people. It's my right to do that. I'm actually trying to make some money in any way I can to keep my family fed and take care of the bills. If I ever sell it, it will be for that purpose. I'm just doing what I can right now to take care of that, and if I can then still pay people back... I will do it.

I also cast a Nick Fury head (Sam Jackson) using the Hot Toys Sam sculpt. If anyone wants one... I will gladly send you one free of charge if it takes care of what I owe you for a repaint or something.

And someone posted that I am affording to go see movies and such. My Wife's friend Debby works at the theater here in town and gets me in for free. I don't overuse it often, she actually offers it to us. I'm sorry if I have any fun ever...

I know this whole situation has been a mess, and I sincerely apologize for that. I was stupid to try and and conduct business the way I did here, I honestly didn't know what I was doing half the time and screwed up royally. It's not something I did maliciously and I am trying to do what I can to make it as right as I can.

Repaints will continue to get done in the coming weeks, items will get completed and pics posted here.. I swear to you all I am doing it, I have the artistic spark going again and I am going to use it to get your items back as well as make enough money to ship them out. Just please bear with me. It's been a Hell of a couple of months.

And if anyone wishes to contact me regarding anything I may have forgotten or wants to know the status of their items, please contact me at jchurch49@hotmail and I will do what I can to resolve the situation.

I just want to make it right guys, I know I have burnt up my chances a long time ago... I'm pretty much universally hated, but I am still trying. That has to count for something.

And for those requiring proof that I am actually working and not blowing smoke up your butts... here is proof.

CustomProof006.jpg

CustomProof004.jpg

CustomProof002-1.jpg

CustomProof001.jpg

CustomProof003.jpg

Last edited:
Jason masks are finally casting right and will be done by then as well
Are you talking about 1/6 masks?
If yes then about mine two masks for Remake Js? You told me you will send them in february but I haven't heard anything from you since then.

Are you talking about 1/6 masks?
If yes then about mine two masks for Remake Js? You told me you will send them in february but I haven't heard anything from you since then.

I'm truly sorry, I honestly forgot all about it. I have enough castings, I can send them your way. PM me your address bro, I'll get them painted up for you. If you just want the castings, I can send them earlier.

PM with all info sent. I need masks painted, ready to be put on figures.
Thanks.

screwing up is something we all do. learning from it is something few do. i respect the fact that you haven't run away but are doing what you can to meet your responsibilities. it won't happen overnight, so stick with it.

I really appreciate that automaton, it was never my intention to run off and never meet any of my obligations. So it means a lot to me that someone else can see what I am attempting to do. It won't be easy and it won't happen overnight as you said.. but it's definitely worth it. Thank you.

And if anyone wishes to contact me regarding anything I may have forgotten or wants to know the status of their items, please contact me at jchurch49@hotmail and I will do what I can to resolve the situation.

Just sent you an email. Please let me know when you receive it and reply back to me. A lot of my info changed since I placed my order with you couple years back. Thanks

Josh, I'm so happy you didn't run away I'm glad you're not one of those people. You and Les were the two artist that influence me to start collecting, and want to eventually paint. I hope you get all of this sorted out and get back on track. I've never spoke to you, but I am a huge fan. Best of luck! And Congrats on having a baby boy! :)

Thanks Rogster, that means a lot man... I'm glad I had an impact on you like that. I started doing this for the love of it. Customizing isn't really something I went into with any sort of plan or with any ideas of making money. And to be truthful I never really made all that much to begin with. But to have given people some of my art, and to have influenced others to pick up the brush... that makes it worthwhile. Thank you.

And PapitoMX, I just emailed you back man. You will have the VIII and the Part 3 mask coming your way soon.

Conan PF will be done by the end of the week

:rock :rock :rock Can't wait Josh! (if this one is mine). Drop me a PM when you are ready to ship as my address has changed.

And I know how hard it is to get ANYTHING done with a little one. My son is 20 months and I have gotten almost NOTHING done since he's been born.

Hang in there man.

Neehar

:rock :rock :rock Can't wait Josh! (if this one is mine). Drop me a PM when you are ready to ship as my address has changed.

And I know how hard it is to get ANYTHING done with a little one. My son is 20 months and I have gotten almost NOTHING done since he's been born.

Hang in there man.

Neehar

:lol Thanks man, Drake certainly takes a lot of my attention. My role as house-husband and father is a time sucking endeavor but worth every second.

I'm glad you are happy with the Conan, I think I did even better on it than my own was. But I will have that and the Aliens rifle ready to mail back to you. I was never able to put together the rifle, my dremel and gear was never good enough to get it done. :gah:

Hear hear!! Yes, enjoy every moment and take lots of pictures and video! Ofcourse, everytime I pull out the video camera, Ayden stops doing whatever it was that needed to be on film. :lol

No worries on the Aliens rifle. As for Conan, even better than yours? Can't can't wait!!

Back