VikkiTX Seamstress Fabric of Time & Space

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vikkitx

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I'll be posting pictures of some of my sewing projects in this thread. First off, some quick pictures of the Leela outfit I've been working on recently.
Leela4dr2.jpg

Leela's headsculpt is by Ada Chan. The hair covers most of the shoulder patch on Leela's right shoulder, but you can see it if you know to look for it. I just realized that I forgot to include Leela's necklace in this photoshoot. I'll try to include it in a later photo.
Leela4dr3.jpg

I tried to re-create the actual ties and other fastenings as closely as possible based on the photo references I had available. So there are no snaps or hook-&-eye closures. Leela's leathers lace up, and so does this outfit.
Leela4dr1.jpg

Leela's boots are rather baggy in the 1:1 scale costume. I'm not sure if I want to tweak these 1:6 scale boots, or whether I'm happy with them as-is.
More pictures of Leela outfits I've made on my website.

I included the Fourth Doctor in these photos so I could show off the cool scarf I just got from Simply Treasures. She even knit the scarf so it would have appropriate holes in it that look cool and don't unravel. That rocks! I'll post more pics of the Fourth Doctor's outfit later, after I get a new headsculpt for this figure. For now, this figure uses the Ada Chan headsculpt.

BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!!! :banana:banana:banana

I absolutely NEED a Leela outfit !!

You are making me seem lazy Vikki,
STOP IT !!
:lol

BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!!! :banana:banana:banana I absolutely NEED a Leela outfit !!
And all I ask for in return is somebody's head on a platter....:newangel OK, OK, so it's a sculpted 1:6 head, but that doesn't sound nearly as cool, now does it? (Seriously, though, did you get my e-mail on the 24th, about the Leela and Pertwee and Troughton outfits?)

You are making me seem lazy Vikki, STOP IT !! :lol
Man, that's pretty bad, when MY glacial pace makes someone seem lazy! Hurry up! We gotta catch up with the snails!:zzwhip:zzwhip:zzwhip

OK
Is 1/6th scale an appropriate head size ? Do I need a 1/6th scale platter ??

Hmm Lemmie check my lost emails filter....
I will certainly respond !!

Russ :D

Drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!
:bow:bow:bunnydanc:bunnydanc:bunnydanc

I've been telling you this forever but your Leela outfits have ALWAYS been amazing, but I've never seen one with the Ada head we commissioned on it.
Very niiiiiice!

Thats a terrific looking scarf you got there too! Even without you saying it I can hear you making fun of that lame one I commissioned from that psycho-lady just by looking at yours. :)

You are making me seem lazy Vikki,
STOP IT !!
:lol

You and me both, pal. You and me both. remember, for every new costume you see she usually is doing a whole bunch of that one in trade, so we REALLY suck!
:monkey2:monkey2

What body is that used for Leela ??
It's an Ertl Turkey Hunter body. It's a cheaper version of the CY Girl body.

Although it's too busty for Leela, I like the Ertl or CYGirl body for skimpy outfits like Leela's. PB or other female figures usually look too robotic to me due to the way the shoulders, elbows, knees, and other joints are made. For example, here's an earlier version of the Leela outfit on a PB, with weird-looking joints visible all over the place:
leela09.jpg

I might switch Leela's outfit over to Triad's Otaku 2.0 or Evalution body, whenever they come out, assuming they aren't marred by the obscenely gravity-defying bazoombas that made the Otaku 1.0 body so cartoonish (even without its original anime-styled head).

And no, no need for a 1:6 scale platter. I was just shamelessly angling for more of your fantastic headsculpts in trade. :joy:joy

And another picture, just for fun. Both of these pictures were taken by James, a guy I did some trades with a while back.
leela08.jpg

I just can't get over how good you are at what you make.
Keep up the beautiful work Vikki

Jay

Thanks for the compliments, folks!

I wanted to thank Rick for his quick weathering tips - Those tips helped me to salvage Leela's belt and loincloth, weathering them both from a rich dark flawless black to the more weathered appearance they now have.

Thats a terrific looking scarf you got there too! Even without you saying it I can hear you making fun of that lame one I commissioned from that psycho-lady just by looking at yours. :)
Nah, I'd never make fun of your scarf. I would threaten to strangle psycho-lady with it, except it looked so poorly made it probably would unravel before I could do any serious damage. You trusted her to produce quality in-scale work as promised. It's not your fault she knitted it using needles the size of a tree trunks, leaving gaps you could steer a Dalek through! (Yes, her stitches were that out of scale.) Hopefully you know what to look for and ask about now, so you don't get fooled again. And even better, now there are folks like Inkeddalek knitting high quality scarves!

You and me both, pal. You and me both. remember, for every new costume you see she usually is doing a whole bunch of that one in trade, so we REALLY suck! :monkey2:monkey2
Yeah, I tend to make costumes in batches of four when I have trades or commissions. It's the assembly-line theory. It's easier (and far less frustrating) to sew four backs, then four shoulders, then four collars, etc., etc., than it is to sew one complete outfit then start all over again at the beginning to make a second copy of that same outfit.

And I only look quicker than I really am because it takes me forever to drag out a camera to take pictures of the finished outfits. I photograph multiple outfits at once, so stuff that was sewn a month or more apart gets posted within days of one another. It's all smoke and mirrors, folks. I'm still slow as molasses in January. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Awesome work Vikki,the costume is better than many I've seen from big companies and the paintjob on the head really brings Ada's sculpt to life.

For folks on the lookout for fabrics they can use for their own customs:

I found another possible fabric to use for the Fourth Doctor's vest. The fabric was in the Home Decor section of JoAnn Fabrics. My receipt listed the fabric as "FC Parkland - Truffle" with a SKU number of "400086695907."

I also found a fabric I plan to use for Sarah Jane's fuzzy white jacket from the end of "The Hand of Fear." The fabric was near the velvet and fake fur sections of JoAnn Fabrics. My receipt listed the fabric as "Silky White" with a SKU number of "743006621281." It's some polyester-y material, so it probably won't dye worth a darn. However, if some fabric painting techniques work on it, the same fabric could be used for Jo Grant's fuzzy blue jacket (from "The Three Doctors," I believe).

bmaster2.jpg
master05.jpg

The Master: The decayed version that first appeared in "The Deadly Assassin"

master01.jpg

I tweaked his robe somewhat, adding ragged strips like a mummy's wrappings around his arms and chest. Such wrappings seemed more in keeping with the feel of the original makeup and cloak than the neatly hemmed robe that appeared in "The Deadly Assassin."

master06.jpg

Custom head and hands sculpted by James Barnes.

Very sweet, job, as always Vikki. I love those hands as well as the head.
He looks great!

I'm pretty sure I suggested this before, but I don't remember, but to you should sew a second robe some day to goof on you won't mind destroying and just experiment crapping it up with maybe Elmers glue to make it gunky.
Or puffy fabric paint to paint on and spread out? Something you could paint over to color afterwards, (though it will probably seriously cut down on your figures mobility).

Even if you don't, you still have an awesome custom there! I've been meaning to paint a few heroclix guys to be shrunken TCE victims for you (laugh). I gotta remember to do that!

manydrs02.jpg

While I had out the camera, I snapped a picture of the Doctors I have so far.

What I did:
I made the TARDIS and all of the clothing for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 8th Doctors. I also made the 10th Doctor's trench coat.

What other people did:
I bought the 4th Doctor's scarf from Simply Treasures, who even added holes to reflect how damaged the scarf got in later seasons. Les Walker repainted the 9th and 10th Doctors, and assembled the 9th Doctor's outfit and sonic screwdriver. Clactongirl did the headsculpts for the 2nd and 6th Doctors. Ada Chan did the 4th Doctor headsculpt, which I hope to upgrade soon. My poor 3rd Doctor still is without a head, which is why he's leaning into the TARDIS. The dodo is a toy I found at a craft store.

3rd Doctor and other heads a'comin' Vikki !!
Just keep that bag over his head for a bit longer ....LOL

Russ

3rd Doctor and other heads a'comin' Vikki !!
Just keep that bag over his head for a bit longer ....LOL

Hey, no rush, Russ. He's had a bag over his head since I first made his outfit back in 2004. :lol You've got a "day job" sculpting for that movie. That takes priority. That said...I can't wait until I get to replace the Ada Chan sculpt with your Tom Baker sculpt. Even your WIP pics of Tom look 1000% better than Ada's finished attempt. :google

Did you ever see Billyb`s sculpt of tom Vikki? miles better than adas. He was casting them at some stage as i bought one from him

Did you ever see Billyb`s sculpt of tom Vikki? miles better than adas. He was casting them at some stage as i bought one from him
Yes, I've seen BillyB's, and Dean's, and Neil's, and a lot of other head sculpts of Tom Baker. As I said earlier, I'm waiting for Russ's/Mr. Barlow's sculpt to upgrade. Based on the WIP pics, Russ's sculpt already looks much better than any of those previous attempts. So why buy/trade for an extra sculpt while I wait for the upgrade? I figure most folks can manage to look past the temporary Ada head sculpt to comment on the outfits that I've sewn, since those outfits are the focus of this thread.

Back