WIP 1:6 Beatles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Incarnation of the beatles would be best for 1:6?

• Hamburg Pre-Fab

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Classic (Ed Sullivan appearance)

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Sgt. Peppers

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Strawberry Fields

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • White Album

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Abbey Road

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
There is a garage kit dealer that sets up at the Chiller show in New Jersey that has several Beatles kits. They are slightly smaller than 1/6th, but the heads are a little large for the bodies. They should work on a 1/6th scale body. Each kit comes with an era specific instrument. The heads are recognizable and the instruments are well made. A kit would probably cost less than commissioning a sculpt from scratch. Last time I saw their display at a show they had all four of the Beatles in Sullivan era suits, John and Paul from a later era, and Ringo from Sgt. Pepper. Bucwheats model site should lead those interested in the right direction.

https://home.cshore.com/bucwheat/

Under new kit releases go to the m-z page. About half way down the page you will see the Ringo. The guy who makes the kits doesn't have a web site. Amok Time may carry his kits. I tried to buy a head and guitar only from him one time, and he would only sell the complete kit. For $100 -$150 bucks it's a bargain to get the head and instrument as opposed to commissioning a sculpt from scratch.

I'm not really digging this one
fabjohn1.jpg

If you do end up comissioning would you be interested in making castings available for sale? (Also, I said classic Sullivan, for all the reasons other people in the thread suggested it.)

Hmmm. How about going for the "classic" look of the wax dummies on the Sgt. Pepper's album cover. To recreate a dio of the album cover you would need both a "classic appearance" set and the ones in uniform....

Back