YOU GUYS WON'T BELIEVE WHAT I GOT FOR X-MAS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sladesuperagent

Mine's bigger.
Reaction score
I've had a lot of cool girlfriends--some of them dig your collection, some don't care, some think it's weird, and a few were totally freaked out by it. In high school, my girlfriend got me the short-packed Vertebreaker figure from the earlier Spawn series by flirting with a stock boy at (remember this store?) Family Toy Warehouse. She gave it to me as my last gift on X-Mas morn and I was always impressed that she knew what the harder figures were to get.

That was winter of 1994. Many figures (including Vertebreaker) and many girlfriends (including Gina) have come and gone. My collection has transformed and slimmed down and most of the girlfriends I've had have refused to buy me figures, which is understandable. My tastes are rather specific these days, so for anyone to wanna buy me a toy for the holidays--they really need to consult me first, so I can at least give them a super-broad want list and how to search for it on eBay. This year my girlfriend went all out and got me something very, very, very cool.

Feast your eyes on this freaks:
DSC06648.jpg

A Darkartist custom Kyle Reese! One of two known to exist. I almost shat myself.

Apparently my girlfriend got ahold of my buddy Joe (galactiboy) who owns the original and said that she asked him about the one figure in his house that I truly envied. Joe put her in contact with Josh and Josh in all his wonder and magic threw together this awesome figure. I was back in Pittsburgh for the holiday, so her and I weren't gonna exchange presents until I returned. My "big" present hadn't arrived at that point, so I gave Mary her gifts (Victoria Secret natch!) and told her I wanted to wait for them all to be here. So, New Year's Eve she hands me a wrapped Sideshow box--right there I was a little excited. Then I saw the address: Darkartist, Gainesville, FL. I knew it would be something really cool, but not a Kyle Reese custom. But it was and I was completely dumbfounded. I quickly called Joe to gloat.

So thank you very, very, very much Josh. You're awesome. I'm gonna call you directly to thank you. And thank you Joe for being a coniving S.O.B. and planning my gift with my girl behind my back. And thank you Mary, for getting me such an awesome gift and being such an awesome girlfriend. I love you. nate

I knew you would be insanely stoked about this figure... he is a beauty :rock And most impressive to me is his girlfriend actually listened to him about what figures he was interested in... getting the Reese was all her idea. I just helped her contact the Darkartist.

congrats...and i thought the girl i'm dating got me a great gift! no night on the beach and wild sex could compare to a custom reese! :lol

are we considered geeks? :google

Thats awesome!!!!

The moral of this story is it pays to be friends with Kurgans:D

Kongrats on the awesome gift slade:rock

I agree with the KING !!!

That looks great. Kongratz !!!

Great Job by Josh

I've had a lot of cool girlfriends--some of them dig your collection, some don't care, some think it's weird, and a few were totally freaked out by it. In high school, my girlfriend got me the short-packed Vertebreaker figure from the earlier Spawn series by flirting with a stock boy at (remember this store?) Family Toy Warehouse. She gave it to me as my last gift on X-Mas morn and I was always impressed that she knew what the harder figures were to get.

That was winter of 1994. Many figures (including Vertebreaker) and many girlfriends (including Gina) have come and gone. My collection has transformed and slimmed down and most of the girlfriends I've had have refused to buy me figures, which is understandable. My tastes are rather specific these days, so for anyone to wanna buy me a toy for the holidays--they really need to consult me first, so I can at least give them a super-broad want list and how to search for it on eBay. This year my girlfriend went all out and got me something very, very, very cool.

DSC06648.jpg

A Darkartist custom Kyle Reese! One of two known to exist. I almost shat myself.

Apparently my girlfriend got ahold of my buddy Joe (galactiboy) who owns the original and said that she asked him about the one figure in his house that I truly envied. Joe put her in contact with Josh and Josh in all his wonder and magic threw together this awesome figure. I was back in Pittsburgh for the holiday, so her and I weren't gonna exchange presents until I returned. My "big" present hadn't arrived at that point, so I gave Mary her gifts (Victoria Secret natch!) and told her I wanted to wait for them all to be here. So, New Year's Eve she hands me a wrapped Sideshow box--right there I was a little excited. Then I saw the address: Darkartist, Gainesville, FL. I knew it would be something really cool, but not a Kyle Reese custom. But it was and I was completely dumbfounded. I quickly called Joe to gloat.

So thank you very, very, very much Josh. You're awesome. I'm gonna call you directly to thank you. And thank you Joe for being a coniving S.O.B. and planning my gift with my girl behind my back. And thank you Mary, for getting me such an awesome gift and being such an awesome girlfriend. I love you. nate

That post made my day...I can relate dude.Beautiful...:monkey2

thats awesome

.. I think your gf deserves a little servicing ..

Congrats on your new acquisition and for having such a wonderful girlfriend.

Josh does some excellent work. You're a very lucky man.

DSC06648.jpg

Congradulations - New Year is off to a great start!

Your GF Mary sounds like a keeper too Slade! :D

What a Gal. There is nothing f'n cooler than a DA Custom 84 Reese! I know, I have one too, mine is a FML/DA/pjam Reese! Hehe, love it. And you will too for many years to come, it only gets cooler over time Bro.

Congrats to fellow freaks GB, DA and Mary for making it all happen for you and of course the "Ladies Man" Slade himself for sharing your story.:cool:

What a way to kick off the New Year.

Last edited:
Perhaps it is time to join the Krusade

Is that an invite?!?! :rock I joined this board a little after the Krusade started (thanx to Joe's recommendation) and I hafta say that I NEVER thought it would be this great. First the Keaton Batman and now a sweet DA Reese--I can't wait for '08!!!

Let me guess, let me guess!

It's the guy from Terminator 2?
Don't ban me if I'm wrong :monkey1

Very cool gift, indeed - and awesome girlfriend :rock

Back