Hot Toys updates on various figures 04/30/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Using Tommy's template...

Hot Toys will launch 7 or 8 characters from The Avengers.
Don't care

-Hulk is in progress, the body will not be fully Rubber.
Sounds good

-Black Widow will have a new body and hair are sculpted.
Don't care

-Loki suit will be the one of The Avengers, the Thor Suit Version was canceled.
Don't Care

-Captain America Golden Age Version is still scheduled.
Mildly interested

-Tony Stark Race Suit Version and Whiplash Armor Version have been set aside because of an overloaded schedule.
Even more? Still don't care

-The X-Men First Class range is almost complete, it will be announced soon.
ABOUT FREAKING TIME

-The license Green Lantern was canceled.
BOOOOOO!

-The licences of Iron Man 3, Superman Man Of Steel and Wolverine will be exploited.
Don't care, should be good, should be good

-The next Star Wars figures should be Anakin and Han Solo, followed by a character from Episode II.
looking forward to both

-Rambo or Rocky should be a DX but are not yet in production.
Don't care[/QUOTE]

Using Tommy's template...

Don't care

Sounds good

Don't care

Don't Care

Mildly interested

-Tony Stark Race Suit Version and Whiplash Armor Version have been set aside because of an overloaded schedule.
Even more? Still don't care

ABOUT FREAKING TIME

BOOOOOO!

-The licences of Iron Man 3, Superman Man Of Steel and Wolverine will be exploited.
Don't care, should be good, should be good

-The next Star Wars figures should be Anakin and Han Solo, followed by a character from Episode II.
looking forward to both

Don't care
[/QUOTE]

Nothing exciting, I am bummed GL was canceled.

Right then ala Tommy and Nova after him:

OK. And BD T-800s?

OK. And BD T-800s?

OK. And BD T-800s?

OK. And BD T-800s?

OK. And BD T-800s?

OK. And BD T-800s?

OK. And BD T-800s?

OK. And BD T-800s?

OK. And BD T-800s?

OK. And BD T-800s?

OK. And BD T-800s?

:D theres my agenda.

RAMBO!!!!! This could be so sweet:

- Two head sculpts; one neutral/hard look, one battle-mode and bloodied.
- Three different hairpieces to replicate his hairstyle in different movies.
- Two uniforms: First Blood: jeans, tank top, M65 and combat boots; this will take care of FB outfits. Black BDU, black tank top; this takes care of R2 and R3.
- a ____ load of guns, knives, bandolieers, etc.

I'd like to see a BD T800 too, to me that half skin/half robot face is THE iconic Terminator to me.

All in all it's more news than we've gotten in months so glad to hear some updates.

-Hot Toys will launch 7 or 8 characters from The Avengers.
Pretty much as expected. although I wonder if they are counting that Mk III Avengers Iron Man?

I suppose this is good news since they have problems with the rubber bods. I would imagine an all rubber Hulk would fall over. Since it's going to be a unique body with few reuse applications I'm sure it's not going to be cheap.

Looking forward to it. I wonder if this means HT has a new & improved female body ready to go. Preferably something without a jillion ball joints.

I wanted the Thor version because it was more ornate, but Loki is Loki and I don't need two.

I doubt I'd get this since so much else is coming out, unless it's sub $150.

Wasn't terribly interested anyway.

Personally I would prefer X2 and X3 to FC. Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Beast, Iceman, Rogue, Magneto, Colossus, Mystique, Nightcrawler, Deathstrike. The only ones I'd want from XFC would be Azazel and Magneto. I'd also probably pick up Emma.

Not unexpected. Hopefully a hungry 1:6 company will get the license. I'd been hoping at least for a GL, Sinestro (yellow) and Guardian.

Since IM3 is a couple of years away, this comes as no surprise. Superman will depend on how the movie and characters look, but this could be great news.

Hopefully the Ep II character will be arena Padme or ObiWan. They are going to have to step up production if this line is going to take hold though. No interest in seeing one or two characters trickle out a year.

This could be the best announcement of the day. I'm mostly interested in the Rocky line. I'm assuming the DX will still be 1:6. Hopefully they will redo Rocky III, Rocky IV, Apollo, Clubber and Drago with much better sculpts, fight damaged change-o heads, and a few extra accessories. I'd also like a street clothes Rocky.

As for what they didn't update that I'd like to get some news about...
Avatar -- Neytiri (native and final battle), native Jake, Quaritch
Tron -- Quorra, Clu
Terminator -- Endo, TX, TX Loken

You haven't been paying attention. The 2-in-1 Superman as a re-issue of the Returns Superman. The thing that put them on the map was the first series of TDK figures, one of which was a re-done version of their earlier MMS figure. Then a Cannibal King Jack Sparrow, a redone version of the Jack Sparrow MMS.

Go through the list here https://hottoyspricelist.blogspot.com/ And look at how many of the same thing they've done over and over again. Predator over and over, Alien over and over. Ripley re-released with a Power Loader is the exact same as Iron Man re-released with Gantry.

You have an extremely skewed and biased view of what HT is doing. How many Robocops and Rambos and Predators did they do?? They did one from every movie. And how is that different from them doing one Iron Man from every movie??

They've been re-issuing and re-releasing stuff from the start.

You're wasting your time trying to reason with him. Nova's been the resident whingeosaurus for two years now. One doesn't whinge that long by listening to logic or even responding to those who question his whinging. At this point he's just something you have to accept, like Butters and quiggle.

I think it will most prob be Rambo as enterbay are doing that as well and hot toys will make plenty of sales knowing 1/6 more popular. But I remember a video on fb a while back of a guy who had been sent signed postcards from a.kim of some of his own custom work and one of them was of rocky in his casual clothes and it looked amazing so who knows.........

Hopefully the Ep II character will be arena Padme or ObiWan. They are going to have to step up production if this line is going to take hold though. No interest in seeing one or two characters trickle out a year.

Its FRICKEN STAR WARS. They could release 1 figure a year or 2 years and the line will still hold. ITS FRICKEN STAR WARS.

As for Anakin, assuming it doesnt come with ANY Vader parts, will be a pass for me. Han Solo will be mine. Hopefully they do a Bespin/Smuggler/Endor version with body bodies like Bespin Luke. Would be great.

I have no interest in any prequel stuff, but if I had to pick an Episode II character I hope its Obi-wan...

And I would maybe bite on that.

This is the Rocky I'm waiting for.

rocky-001.jpg

6626256825_d9116522ae.jpg

As a proud member of HKFC myself, let me clear things a bit more. :panic:

>Or even more depend on popularity of character.

>Korea Sculpter will handle the head sculpt while Joseph will do the body, they are still working on it. No rubber body but more like PVC pred

>Yulli against root hair.

>Proto pics coming soon.

>Not a normal release, my guess is, this will become an Ani-com / Toyfair limited edition. Captain America old suit will also plan for a release. (Howard mention this two figures originally plan to be a two in one pack)

>I dont remember Whiplash Armor being mention but may be I'm wrong.

>Proto almost finish.

>They had a very hard time figure out how to make the suit.

>Howard mention there will be many many version of Ironman in 3 ....

>Limited to 1 or 2 character per year.

>Proto are either finisded or almost finish.

Doesn't really tell us anything
Boooooooooo I wanted the first version :lecture

Didn't know either were actually planned, can't see a need for the Tony Stark one

Meh was hoping for Darth Vader

I just take it to mean Hulk will be like their current muscle bodies and not a fully rubber one like their older ones such as Leoniads. Definately the right way to go!

Bad call on canning Thor Loki. He would totally sell too. Maybe release him as an exclusive to save him.

I think both Tony and Whiplash would have been great figures. Definatley would have prefered them to rehashes of the Mark II and I. Very, very disapointing they didn't get made because people are too poor/stupid/late to miss out on the v1s.

People need to understand HT's Star Wars figures will ONLY be REMAKES of figures SIDESHOW has ALREADY done. Sideshow isn't done with the line. They're only going to let HT do figures they've already done and need updating. Hense, Han and Anakin. But based on Indy, I'm not thrilled about Han just yet.

I hope that the Harrison sculpt for Han Solo turns out better than Indy.

:lecture

As a proud member of HKFC myself, let me clear things a bit more. :panic:

>Or even more depend on popularity of character.

>Korea Sculpter will handle the head sculpt while Joseph will do the body, they are still working on it. No rubber body but more like PVC pred

>Yulli against root hair.

>Proto pics coming soon.

>Not a normal release, my guess is, this will become an Ani-com / Toyfair limited edition. Captain America old suit will also plan for a release. (Howard mention this two figures originally plan to be a two in one pack)

>I dont remember Whiplash Armor being mention but may be I'm wrong.

>Proto almost finish.

>They had a very hard time figure out how to make the suit.

>Howard mention there will be many many version of Ironman in 3 ....

>Limited to 1 or 2 character per year.

>Proto are either finisded or almost finish.

Good to know. Not happy about Cap being pulled apart into two figures. MILKING! :gah:

And why not release Thor Loki that way too? As an exclusive I mean.

Figured HT wouldn't know how to do GL, so I'm not surprised they canned the license. But a very bad move as now any license announcement will never actually be confirmed until a figure is made.

Back