Indy license announcement?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prime Clone

Super Freak
Reaction score
Cool Toy Review reports:

During Celebration IV, one of the guys at LEGO wasn't being mindful of the crowds, or more precisely the two ears of said crowd, when he let it slip that they will be producing toys for Lucasfilm's upcoming Indiana Jones IV feature film. While details are a bit sketchy, it is safe to assume that these will be shown later this year.

Can an announcement from Sideshow be far behind...?

If there's a child of ANY age who doesn't know Indy, they have irresponsible parents and should be taken away!!! It's just wrong.

PosterBoyKelly said:
If there's a child of ANY age who doesn't know Indy, they have irresponsible parents and should be taken away!!! It's just wrong.

I agree. Indy is one of the most family friendly franchises that is ACTUALLY a good movie franchise.

congerking said:
I agree. Indy is one of the most family friendly franchises that is ACTUALLY a good movie franchise.

Sure, pulling out beating flaming hearts and ritual pagan sacrifices and melting faces and exploding heads are really family friendly entertainment. Great stuff for the kiddies. :devil

Anzik Hayes said:
Connery just announced he will NOT be returning. :(

i question sean connery's mental health. he passes on roles in the matrix(morphious), lord of the rings(gandalf) and now this?:confused:

Yeah, his career choices post-Bond have been perplexing. Take a look at League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I hope he's just creating publicity so Lucas will pony up his salary.

The Indy 4 licensing partners have been announced. Sideshow is not one of them:

SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Indiana Jones, the world’s greatest action hero, returns to theaters May 22, 2008, and his newest on-screen adventures will be supported by an impressive array of leading companies as part of a broad global licensing and promotional campaign across a wide range of product categories designed to appeal to all ages.

In the toy category, Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS) will develop a broad line of action figures, vehicles and role play as well as games.

LEGO, the world’s best-selling construction toy brand, has also come on board as the exclusive licensee for building sets.

Hallmark is on board in the greeting cards, party goods and ornaments categories, and Random House, Scholastic and DK Publishing will provide the foundation for a robust publishing program.

Following their string of best-selling titles, LucasArts will support the franchise with breakthrough Indiana Jones video games that will allow players to “live” all-new Indy adventures.

In addition, the upcoming Indiana Jones movie will also be supported by a strong slate of major promotional partners, including Burger King and MARS North America, with more partners to be announced soon.

“It’s been 19 years since the last film and we are sensing a huge pent-up demand for everything Indy,” said Howard Roffman, President of Lucas Licensing. “We’re delighted that blue chip companies like these want to be part of the incredible experience of bringing Indy back to the big screen and introducing him to a whole new generation.

“The people who grew up with Indiana Jones have become today’s parents,” Roffman continued. “If our experience with Star Wars is any guide, we think they’ll want to introduce their kids to Indy and share this great new adventure together.”

So it looks like we will be able to purchase Indy figures, but it will be from Hasbro instead of Sideshow.

:monkey2

I hope we get a LEGO: Indian Jones xbox 360 game. I have had a blast palying the Star Wars game and am looking forward to the LEGO: Batman game. I think a LEGO: Indy would be great.

Well, hopefully, Hasbro will continue where they left off with Dooku and Jango and apply that to a 12'' respectable Indy. (that we can use for kit bashing!) :monkey3

Darthrazz said:
Well, hopefully, Hasbro will continue where they left off with Dooku and Jango and apply that to a 12'' respectable Indy. (that we can use for kit bashing!) :monkey3

If I were a betting man, I'd bet that SS will be doing the 1/6 and 1/4 line while Hasblow™ does the 3 and 3/4 line...Just like a certain 'other' Lucasfilm® franchise...Perhaps we'll see an announcement at SDCC!

Indiana Fett said:
If I were a betting man, I'd bet that SS will be doing the 1/6 and 1/4 line while Hasblow™ does the 3 and 3/4 line...Just like a certain 'other' Lucasfilm® franchise...Perhaps we'll see an announcement at SDCC!

I'd bet my entire collection on it.

Back